The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Gabriel: no injuries in 2 seasons at Vilareall, breaks down with a hammy 15m into Arsenal debut

Were a complete joke tbh
Original post by Zürich
Gabriel: no injuries in 2 seasons at Vilareall, breaks down with a hammy 15m into Arsenal debut

Were a complete joke tbh

Same thing with Mesut he didn't get injured since 2010 before joining Arsenal.
Cursed.
Original post by Zürich

Were a complete joke tbh

lol.

it begins.
Old news, was said yesterday morning. Surprised you lots are only hearing it now. Mertasacker you lucky banana. Like he was gonna get benched anyway :dry:
Paul Scholes : Emirates was the easy option for Özil. He needs a leader and Arsenal don’t have them

Scholes is still butthurt over 2005 FA Cup final

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/paul-scholes-emirates-was-the-easy-option-for-zil-he-needs-a-leader--and-arsenal-dont-have-them-10089486.html
Scholes is a **** pundit and ruining his reputation, in the same why Keane did though everyone knew what an ass he was already. Dwight Yorke well he's a parasite to my ears.
Original post by Depleted
Scholes is a **** pundit and ruining his reputation, in the same why Keane did though everyone knew what an ass he was already. Dwight Yorke well he's a parasite to my ears.

Can you see the connection between all three pundits there? :colone:
Neville's the only good egg to have come out of the place.
Called on Scholes being a **** pundit time ago after the bull**** he was talking about Wilshere.
Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
Can you see the connection between all three pundits there? :colone:
Neville's the only good egg to have come out of the place.

Only Neville and Carragher speak any sense out of Sky really. Henry has been deluded for a lot of time I've watched him, however I feel that's due to him being unable to express himself rather than a **** understanding of the game like Yorke and co.

Lol at all the United pundits backing main man Moyes last year saying we're not a sacking club, then swiftly going back on their word when Van Gaal was appointed.
Only Neville and Carragher speak any sense out of Sky really. Henry has been deluded for a lot of time I've watched him, however I feel that's due to him being unable to express himself rather than a **** understanding of the game like Yorke and co.

Lol at all the United pundits backing main man Moyes last year saying we're not a sacking club, then swiftly going back on their word when Van Gaal was appointed.

I can't be the only one who's found Neville and Henry to be surprisingly pro-Chelsea on a lot of things. Might just be because we're the best team in the country at the moment but I've found them saying things about us I wouldn't expect.
Yorke is definitely a pain on the ears. It's almost as if it's a struggle to simply just watch him.
Original post by The Shed End
I can't be the only one who's found Neville and Henry to be surprisingly pro-Chelsea on a lot of things. Might just be because we're the best team in the country at the moment but I've found them saying things about us I wouldn't expect.

Tbf it comes down to the other pundits/all other fanbases being salty towards Jose (Redknapp is salty as **** after Jose Rekd him live on Sky last year multiple times), whilst Henry and Neville call things objectively.

Okay tbf Merson and Nicholas aren't exactly the best either. They're just there...nice chaps though.
I think a lot of people were expecting too much from Henry, I'm sure he'll continue to improve the longer he has the job because there's no doubt that he knows the game as much as the others.

Haha yeah I get but nobody expected United to do that bad really.

Also, can't really make my mind up with Redknapp, sometimes he's good other times he's just meh.
Neville is quite pro Chelsea and Henry too. Carragher not as much but they're definitely the best 3 pundits going atm. You get past Carragher's death accent and what he says usually hits home. Phil Neville knows what he's talking about but he's just a more boring version of his older brother.

Henry is a good pundit though, respectful of other teams but he's not a pussy to speak out his own opinion(see his comments on Monaco and how he refused to say it would be easy for Arsenal like the rest of the people said). Neville you see going in deep and ripping a team to shreds hard, same for Carragher. I think Neville likes to see English teams do well in europe, so that's why he doesn't feel the need to slate Chelsea and get a negative campaign going. You can tell that Jamie Redknapp bit a few too many lemons as a kid though.
(edited 9 years ago)
Best pundit on the BBC imo is Kevin Kilbane - s****e player but easily more knowledgeable than the rest of their usual pundits combined imo - good co-commentator as well.

Redknapp was an average player and is an average pundit, speaks far too much as if what he says is fact rather than opinion.
Kilbane is good yeah. As are Dixon and Keown, defenders tend to make better pundits it seems. Seedorf on the BBC was good as well actually.

Personally find Henry a bit tedious to listen to, he doesnt cover enough points really to have a full opinion and his speaking style grates me at times.

Redknapp is arguably the most annoying after Savage who I hope gets beaten to a pulp any day now

Merse isn't even a pundit, he's just that guy you'll see in propping up the bar in any pub in like Enfield who doesnt know that much about football but is just a laugh to listen to.
(edited 9 years ago)
Le Tissier isn't stupid - he's easily the best out of the Soccer Saturday bunch.

Carragher/Neville/Henry are by far and away the best. ITV's are pretty laughable in all honesty, you've got Southgate who doesn't seem willing to offer an opinion and Roy Keane who looks like he wants to smother Adrian Chiles and throw him in a river every match. Ian Wright is clueless, too.

BBC have better than ITV/BT (even as a Liverpool fan, I find McManaman, James, McAllister, Hargreaves tedious) but still a long way to go. Murphy, Fowler and Hamann don't offer anything ground-breaking, Shearer literally just describes action and says what he sees, Phil Neville is mundane and Jason Roberts/Jermaine Jenas are practically non-entities.

Keown is decent, yeah, and so is Kilbane. Always like Kilbane - he's wasted on Five Live/MOTD2 imo.
gutted the game is not until monday.. did not realise until now, and was looking forward to it this weekend :frown:

impossible to take anything from either teams recent form as a way of predicting this tie, as both teams usually play entirely differently when they face each other... united stepping up for the occasion, and arsenal, regardless of form, colapsing..

Hope in the possiblity of a draw though.

They have horrible fixtures ahead, so maybe if we can take them back to london, we can sneak a win amoungst their other bigger league games.
Four goals scored in ten years at OT. Yikes.

Latest