The Student Room Group

vet nursing

Scroll to see replies

So I had my interview! She gave me a conditional offer there and then, I feel so at ease with everything right now, Cambridge is such a lovely place and I would love to live here. The only problem is, is that Anglia Ruskin uni accommodation offers no parking facilities so I don't really know what to do about that!
i still have two other interviews and I'm waiting to hear from Middlesex still so no decisions are being made as of yet!
Original post by sydneybridge
Because you didn't meet the basic academic entry requirements?

Nope, but I think its because I finished my alevels last year and didn't get the grades I wanted so am resitting the whole of my biology and chemistry alevels.
One of my teachers told me to email them and ask why I had been rejected and I am still waiting on an reply.
Has anyone else received an accommodation email from Hartpury College congratulating them on their offer and telling them to book accommodation when they haven't had an interview yet? I got one today and I am very confused :/ I'm going to phone them as soon as I can, but I just wondered if anyone else had this?
Thanks!
Original post by crisscrossgreen
Has anyone else received an accommodation email from Hartpury College congratulating them on their offer and telling them to book accommodation when they haven't had an interview yet? I got one today and I am very confused :/ I'm going to phone them as soon as I can, but I just wondered if anyone else had this?
Thanks!

Yes although I got an offer in January. It could be a mistake, I'd call them and see what they say.
Original post by Sopheen
Yes although I got an offer in January. It could be a mistake, I'd call them and see what they say.

Well I am sure it is, I am not getting my hopes up :tongue:
I won't get chance to call until Friday, but they might realise their mistake and get in contact. Its weird, as my interview is really late as well, being on the 22nd April. Or maybe that is me just worrying over nothing :tongue:

Are you going Hartpury then?
Well I am sure it is, I am not getting my hopes up :tongue:
I won't get chance to call until Friday, but they might realise their mistake and get in contact. Its weird, as my interview is really late as well, being on the 22nd April. Or maybe that is me just worrying over nothing :tongue:

Are you going Hartpury then?

Gosh that's a late interview! You must really want to go if you're holding out that long.
No I'm waiting for the RVC to reply and if I'm rejected I'm off to NTU :3 it's March now though so I'm spamming refresh on my inbox everyday waiting for RVC who said it'd be march time!
Original post by Sopheen
Gosh that's a late interview! You must really want to go if you're holding out that long.
No I'm waiting for the RVC to reply and if I'm rejected I'm off to NTU :3 it's March now though so I'm spamming refresh on my inbox everyday waiting for RVC who said it'd be march time!

I don't really, I am waiting for Harper to get back to see if they offer me an interview. Fingers crossed!
That is me waiting for emails, and when I see I have a new one I get really overexcited, only to realise its spam :tongue: Good luck!
I have a conditional at NTU, but hopefully I won't be going there until the top up year! I have planned everything :biggrin:
I don't really, I am waiting for Harper to get back to see if they offer me an interview. Fingers crossed!
That is me waiting for emails, and when I see I have a new one I get really overexcited, only to realise its spam :tongue: Good luck!
I have a conditional at NTU, but hopefully I won't be going there until the top up year! I have planned everything :biggrin:

Haha when you get a UCAS email but it's just a newsletter, such an anticlimax.
I hope you get in then! All the best :smile:
Original post by Sopheen
Haha when you get a UCAS email but it's just a newsletter, such an anticlimax.
I hope you get in then! All the best :smile:

And by that point I have silenced everyone around me through yelling that I have an email to myself :P

Aww thanks, you too! Just out of curiosity, why have you decided not to go to Hartpury?
And by that point I have silenced everyone around me through yelling that I have an email to myself :P

Aww thanks, you too! Just out of curiosity, why have you decided not to go to Hartpury?

I didn't like the on campus accommodation (I don't really want to live off campus), it felt very small and a bit old. Also the fact that it's a college didn't appeal to me, having a lot of under 18s around is just a personal no go for me. And I'd read that there aren't many clubs/societies to join and that the nightlife can be a bit dead.
Sorry if I just put you off but it's just personal preference I guess!
Reply 310
Original post by Sopheen
I didn't like the on campus accommodation (I don't really want to live off campus), it felt very small and a bit old. Also the fact that it's a college didn't appeal to me, having a lot of under 18s around is just a personal no go for me. And I'd read that there aren't many clubs/societies to join and that the nightlife can be a bit dead.

Sorry to butt in guys, but I totally agree. The Hartpury campus was so far away from everything else in terms of social things that would be going on. Its about 3 or so miles into town I believe?
I was also given an offer by Hartpury, and got that accommodation email, but it's RVC that I'm really after 😜
Original post by Sopheen

No you have not! I have the same reasons, and I am not being an accommodation snob, but they were seriously small. The kitchen had less seats than the amount of rooms and it is so small! I didn't really like the college people, but Nottingham has them too I think. Though for me I liked it being so isolated, hehe. And I loved they had so much horse stuff going on, but I don't think I'll be going there. I just want to go to all my choices for a trial, or do a year at each. :tongue:
Thanks!

Yes!! I had this as well and my interview is march 25th! I was really confused, but not bothered as I dont think i'll be going there either. Maybe it was a mistake and they sent it to everybody that applied?!
I phoned the RVC and asked when vet nursing offers/rejections go out. They said not this weekend and it's unlikely to be next week, but they're starting to review things and it might be the week starting the 15th. I just hope they send them out before the 16th when NTU accommodation booking opens!
Good luck guys :biggrin:
Hey guys!

Will I be seeing any of you at the Napier interview tomorrow? If not has anyone got any advice??
Original post by lostinstereo08
Hey guys!

Will I be seeing any of you at the Napier interview tomorrow? If not has anyone got any advice??

They weren't very organised when I went to my Napier interview, you don't get to see accommodation or anything on the day but are left very much to yourself when you're not needed for anything.
I just got a conditional offer from RVC and have already met the requirements! :biggrin:
Reply 317
Original post by Emma_Jayne95
I just got a conditional offer from RVC and have already met the requirements! :biggrin:

Well done, me too 😁😁😁🎉
Original post by EEMGEE
Well done, me too 😁😁😁🎉

Congrats! I just checked ucas and I got rejected :frown: I expected it though because my interview went terrible. NTU here I come!
I suggest people check their ucas because I hadn't gotten an email or anything. Good luck guys!
Original post by Sopheen
Congrats! I just checked ucas and I got rejected :frown: I expected it though because my interview went terrible. NTU here I come!
I suggest people check their ucas because I hadn't gotten an email or anything. Good luck guys!

Enjoy Nottingham!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending