The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVI

Scroll to see replies

Original post by PandaWho
Your not a wimp! I think that would scare most people! I sometimes cant be in the bedroom on my own even to the point where when i was at uni my housemates had gone home, night time noises came and i woke rory up at like 4am and virtually forced him to get the first train to save me!! Now thats being a wimp!

Shes not going to leave you! Shes with you in sickness and in health and she loves you!

:jumphug:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aw it's great that Rory cares about you so much to do that. :h:

I told her I felt agitated so we went outside and had a snowball fight. Was pretty fun and burnt off some energy. :biggrin: Though it's hard to believe we're 5 days into March and it's still -19C with snow everywhere. :/
(edited 9 years ago)

Spoiler

-------

Spoiler

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Does anyone here believe that things really do happen for a reason?

After my "money worries" yesterday, I have had an email from a previous client, who has always paid well in the past. They have offered me £2,000 to write a couple of short stories which, to be honest, will only take me a day or so (though I will leave it longer before I send it to them as it makes it look like I've spent longer on them lol). I have always been able to write. I have done NaNoWriMo in 4 days in the past and written a 70,000 word story, proofread and published it, in that time.

It's work that I love doing, and the amount (which is in addition to my usual clients and monthly income) will cover my driving lessons, test, probably a deposit on a car at the end as well.

I have a feel that it is "to be", and that this is what I should be spending my money on. Hmmm.
Original post by Anonymous
Does anyone here believe that things really do happen for a reason?

After my "money worries" yesterday, I have had an email from a previous client, who has always paid well in the past. They have offered me £2,000 to write a couple of short stories which, to be honest, will only take me a day or so (though I will leave it longer before I send it to them as it makes it look like I've spent longer on them lol). I have always been able to write. I have done NaNoWriMo in 4 days in the past and written a 70,000 word story, proofread and published it, in that time.

It's work that I love doing, and the amount (which is in addition to my usual clients and monthly income) will cover my driving lessons, test, probably a deposit on a car at the end as well.

I have a feel that it is "to be", and that this is what I should be spending my money on. Hmmm.

I believe that things do happen for a reason, it's not always obvious straight away but things start to make sense whether it be months or years after. I've had things like this a lot, but yes definitely things do happen for a reason!

Todays been pretty good for me so far, I had an appointment with my counsellor/therapist and he said that i'm making improvements with my depression and anxiety. He's helping me a lot and my medication is helping a bunch as well, I took my dog out for a walk and now i'm exhausted.

Things are looking up for me!
feel very bad. :cry:
So I've had a moment of clarity today which makes a nice change and I'm starting to accept now that I have a big problem. I'm pretty sure I'm clinically depressed given that I've been this way for about 6 years now and been on and off different medications. I won't go into it incase it triggers other people but I've been rationalizing doing something irrational, shall we say, for about the last 6 months. For some reason I've snapped out of it, probably briefly as usual, and while I'm relatively clear headed I need to get some help. I know most people say 'see your GP' but last time I saw him, he put me on anti-depressants which did not help at all. Plus, being on anti-depressants is something I would have to disclose to my employer which will cause a lot of problems for me. So basically, going to my GP seems unhelpful because he doesn't do anything except prescribe medication which doesn't help me. I've actually no idea if I've been diagnosed with depression but I'm assuming so because I've been on and off anti-depressants for 6 years.

Does anyone know how else I can get help? I think I need to see a therapist/join a support group but the NHS waiting list in my area is over 12 months, so again, asking my GP for a referral is useless to me. This is the first time in a long time I've actually decided to get help but now I'm ready I can't seem to find it.

Spoiler

I got my referral appointment yesterday, 14th April. I just had a doctor's appointment and she told me she would see if she could get it brought forward. After the past week from hell nearly, I need it to be sooner rather than later and 5 weeks is far too long. :frown: If my doctor can't, I'm to see her in 2 weeks and continue with my school counselling (already had one session and I hate it, yup).
I got my name on the wall at work for doing well when I had a mystery customer :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
loooooooooool. so just got a random call to say a nurse from this active review process is coming to see me on the 18th.... I go home 10 days later until September. so all the hard work that GP has gone to since last September to try and get proper support and now, after all this time, they are suggesting contact. its like someone's actively trying to piss me off. had to hold back all I had to not just tell them to get stuffed, quite frankly. what help or use is this to anyone? jesus. I honestly just feel more and more irritated by humanity every single day.
I was sitting in the bath last night trying to "relax" and I got a terrifying visual hallucination accompanied by thunderous laughter. The laughing was one of the voices I used to hear I recognized him immediately. I took some diazepam and tried not to stress but I only got like 2 hours sleep the whole night - the rest was spend with my horrendous thoughts. I still feel really scared. They're back to whispering but I can't get yesterday out of my head. I don't know what to do. I'm back on the haloperidol and it doesn't seem to do anything, not seeing my psychiatrist until late next week and even then, what can she do? :cry2:
Original post by Sabertooth
I was sitting in the bath last night trying to "relax" and I got a terrifying visual hallucination accompanied by thunderous laughter. The laughing was one of the voices I used to hear I recognized him immediately. I took some diazepam and tried not to stress but I only got like 2 hours sleep the whole night - the rest was spend with my horrendous thoughts. I still feel really scared. They're back to whispering but I can't get yesterday out of my head. I don't know what to do. I'm back on the haloperidol and it doesn't seem to do anything, not seeing my psychiatrist until late next week and even then, what can she do? :cry2:

Really sorry to hear this happened, hun. Not sure what to say or advise, but have a squishy TLG hug :jumphug:

:console:

--------------

Can't seem to get my head around this essay and it's driving me up the wall.
At least being anxious about running late means I don't miss trains I suppose. Have an hour and a half to catch a train from a station ~10 mins away by bike. That is completely possible and I wasn't even planning to leave until 7 originally (new plan is asap in case everything goes wrong) yet I'm still running through all the things I need to do before then and worrying that I will be late.
So my wife doesn't trust me at home by myself so I'm in her office while she's at some meeting. I appreciate that she cares but it makes me feel like such a pathetic waste of space that I probably wouldn't be too safe being home alone for 2hours. :frown:

Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Really sorry to hear this happened, hun. Not sure what to say or advise, but have a squishy TLG hug :jumphug:

Thanks TLG. Don't worry, I didn't expect anyone to know what to say, I'll be damned if I know either :colondollar:

How're things with you?

Original post by Pathway
:console:

--------------

Can't seem to get my head around this essay and it's driving me up the wall.

Could you try emailing the person who set it and see if you can get some extra tips how to tackle it?
Doctor called to tell me that the referral unit will be calling me early next week to see if my assessment can be brought forward.
So my wife doesn't trust me at home by myself so I'm in her office while she's at some meeting. I appreciate that she cares but it makes me feel like such a pathetic waste of space that I probably wouldn't be too safe being home alone for 2hours. :frown:

Thanks TLG. Don't worry, I didn't expect anyone to know what to say, I'll be damned if I know either :colondollar:

How're things with you?

Could you try emailing the person who set it and see if you can get some extra tips how to tackle it?

Have thought about doing that, just feel like a bit of a nuisance, not entirely sure what to say either? They've been quite...broad with what we're allowed to include, so I think I might just slightly change my angle, and go from there. If that doesn't work, then I'll email later. The exam's on Wednesday so I should have figured it out roughly by then (hopefully :colondollar:).
So as a treat to myself for getting a job and as i was diagnosed with PCOS just over a year ago now i thought id get a new tattoo

Spoiler

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PandaWho
So as a treat to myself for getting a job and as i was diagnosed with PCOS just over a year ago now i thought id get a new tattoo

Spoiler

Posted from TSR Mobile

PRSOM :frown:

Latest