The Student Room Group

Sheffield Dentistry 2015 Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 200
Original post by xMystics
i just felt the questions had nothing to do if the candidate will be a good dentist or not

Yeah definitely!! Couldn't agree more, all panels should ask the same
What correlation question?
Original post by sra5
Yeah definitely!! Couldn't agree more, all panels should ask the same

maybe i should have argued back when he rejected my ideas
Reply 203
does anyone know if sheffield rank us solely to how we did at interview or do they combine it with our pre interview factors?
Original post by ijc1
does anyone know if sheffield rank us solely to how we did at interview or do they combine it with our pre interview factors?

They go by your interview, but if you were very similar to another candidate and they have to choose one they will go back to your UKCAT score etc
Reply 205
Original post by Rachel Eleanor
They go by your interview, but if you were very similar to another candidate and they have to choose one they will go back to your UKCAT score etc

oh right so same as last year! just wanted to check :smile: thank you
Original post by Rachel Eleanor

Do they look back at JUST our ukcat score or do they take into account everything else eg GCSEs, AS level and PS and predicted grades???
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Shaz xx
Do they look back at JUST our ukcat score or do they take into account everything else eg GCSEs, AS level and PS and predicted grades???

I don't know but does it really make a difference haha? You can't change that stuff so try not to think about it
Was panel 3 the one with the woman orthodontist and the student who had quite a bushy beard ?
Reply 209
Original post by utsav12
Was panel 3 the one with the woman orthodontist and the student who had quite a bushy beard ?

I was on panel 3 but they were all women
Original post by ijc1
I was on panel 3 but they were all women

Oh right, actually I was in seminar room 3. Where else did you apply ?
Reply 211
Original post by utsav12
Oh right, actually I was in seminar room 3. Where else did you apply ?

I applied to leeds, plymouth and dundee, really loved sheffield though! but guess we will all find out in 3 weeks :smile:
Original post by ijc1
I applied to leeds, plymouth and dundee, really loved sheffield though! but guess we will all find out in 3 weeks :smile:

Awesome! Any offers yet ??
Reply 213
Original post by utsav12
Awesome! Any offers yet ??

got plymouth :smile: leeds rejected me post interview and dundee pre-interview. what about you? :smile:
Original post by ijc1
got plymouth :smile: leeds rejected me post interview and dundee pre-interview. what about you? :smile:

Offer from KCL:smile: still waiting for QM, Bham and of course Sheffield!
Reply 215
Original post by utsav12
Offer from KCL:smile: still waiting for QM, Bham and of course Sheffield!

damn well done!!!!! KCL is awesome- would have applied there but UKCAT was crap lol regret not applying there :P
Original post by ijc1
damn well done!!!!! KCL is awesome- would have applied there but UKCAT was crap lol regret not applying there :P

It's nice :smile:! Are you on a gap year ?
Reply 217
Original post by utsav12
It's nice :smile:! Are you on a gap year ?

no still in sixth form :smile: you?
Original post by ijc1
no still in sixth form :smile: you?

Same:smile: -year 13
Original post by utsav12

I was on this one today! So nice!

Quick Reply

Latest