The Student Room Group

Economics applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Conditional offers from both Warwick and King's. Should I firm Warwick and Insure King's?
Warwick: Economics
King's: Economics and Management
Original post by fha96
Nice one man, I bet you're well chuffed :wink: do you mind reminding us what your stats are again please?

Thanks but I'm not sure if London is for me yet :smile: & sure.
8.5A*s 2As at GCSE
AAAB at AS (No further maths at all)
A*AA + A in WBQ predicted
Reply 3262
Original post by meow1489
Conditional offers from both Warwick and King's. Should I firm Warwick and Insure King's?

Did you just get the warwick offer? If so, what are your stats?
I made an enquiry about my offer from LSE to the UG admissions team as my offer quotes an a in AS level FM, but since I said on my PS that I was self-teaching A2 FM I asked if I would be required to take the exams for the A2 units and they replied with:

Dear .......
Thank you for your email.
I have spoken with the admissions selector with regards to your query and you do not need to take the extra exams in order to meet your entry offer. You do need to ensure that you meet the offer conditions in order to secure your offer and as such you would need to obtain the grades predicted from your school however anything in addition would be for your own benefit and not required by the LSE.

does this mean I have to achieve my predicted grades? (A*A*A*a
) :confused: It might just be the wording but I'm a bit worried...
Original post by ndhala
Did you just get the warwick offer? If so, what are your stats?

I think I got my offer sometime in November. The only grades that were sent in at the time were my predicted grades which were:
AP Calc: 90
AP Stats: 92
AP Lit: (my teacher actually told my uni counsellor instead of me so who knows)
Math: 95
Mandarin: 93
Economics:92

Hopes this helps. Should I firm Warwick over King's?
I think I got my offer sometime in November. The only grades that were sent in at the time were my predicted grades which were:

Yes, Warwick is miles better than Kings for econ.

Are those class averages or ap test percentages?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yep that'd probably be my choice, you're international right? So I'm assuming you haven't seen the campuses/cities and Warwick's is very nice plus it's great for economics
Original post by H0PEL3SS
Yes, Warwick is miles better than Kings for econ.

That's what I thought, it's just that I feel like if I can't find a job within a year then i'll have to go back to Canada and King's is more internationally known.
That's what I thought, it's just that I feel like if I can't find a job within a year then i'll have to go back to Canada and King's is more internationally known.

Hmm potentially but I think Warwick is known in a lot of places for strong maths and economics departments and I'm pretty sure they have high employment rates after graduation

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by NinjaPandaa
Hmm potentially but I think Warwick is known in a lot of places for strong maths and economics departments and I'm pretty sure they have high employment rates after graduation

Posted from TSR Mobile

M'kay thank you! Also, is there any chance you've ever visited Warwick? I won't actually have the chance to visit until i moved in first year (assuming i can keep my grades up).
M'kay thank you! Also, is there any chance you've ever visited Warwick? I won't actually have the chance to visit until i moved in first year (assuming i can keep my grades up).

Yeah I loved the campus it seemed really friendly and everyone was super helpful, the accommodation also seemed really good with nice kitchens and there's loads of facilities on campus
I definitely like it :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3272

If I were you I reckon warwick is the better course, but hey, if your international I'd go for the London factor of King's personally. At the end of the day both are top degrees and esp. for an international student London is much better! That said there's no denying Warwick is the better course..
Reply 3273
Gonna drop a fire mixtape if I achieve my uni offer 🔥🔥🔥

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Princepieman
Are those class averages or ap test percentages?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Those are my predicted grades which are in percentages. AP exams aren't until May and AP exam grades are out of 5.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by jchap9776
ikr, goes to show why I am taking BTEC Economics with Hairdressing :bong::bong:

😱 How do you cope with the workload? :O

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey. Did anyone get a place fir economics and management at oxford?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by EHZ17
😱 How do you cope with the workload? :O

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well thankfully I don't get set too much work for my A2 Use of Further Maths, so it's not too bad! 😂
Well, Edinburgh and Warwick sure are taking their time with my application!
Those are my predicted grades which are in percentages. AP exams aren't until May and AP exam grades are out of 5.

Yeah but usually unis make offers on AP scores, like they do with A-level grades and IB scores. It just seems kind of weird to base an offer on an average in the class rather than an external exam.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending