The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Skill Twix
So who's stressed atm?I am.Too much to learn and revise!

I have a mock day after tomorrow that I'm yet to start revising for
Original post by rachelc142
Do your student loans cover these D: so expensive omfg

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well, I'll be getting the loan + grant because my mom's doing a PhD right now. I also have some trust fund (not mega bucks a few dozen thousand) money saved by my parents from when I was born.

So, I should be aight.
Never really thought about this, but I sure am gonna miss all these inside jokes from school when I go to uni... My favourite one involves adding 'sh' in front of words to indicate '****', thankfully that doesn't involve too much explaining :lol:

Everyone looking forward to the shweekend?
Original post by binarythoughts
I have a mock day after tomorrow that I'm yet to start revising for

Hey,

Clear your inbox! Can't send anything...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Lol the bank where my university fund was in went bust so all the money was lost :erm:
I'm not entitled to government loan/bursary except for the tuition fees but thank god for the Cambridge bursary and accommodation and food being relatively cheap due to college subsidising
Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by aersh8
Lol the bank where my university fund was in went bust so all the money was lost :erm:
I'm not entitled to government loan/bursary except for the tuition fees but thank god for the Cambridge bursary and accommodation and food being relatively cheap due to college subsidising
Posted from TSR Mobile

Holy crap... I'm only scared of something like that happening!

Was it a small bank? Does your country guarantee a certain amount of money if the bank goes bust?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Princepieman
Holy crap... I'm only scared of something like that happening!

Was it a small bank? Does your country guarantee a certain amount of money if the bank goes bust?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Technically yeah but it's Greece - it happened a couple of years ago so there's no hope any more. As I said, it's Greece and this country is a real mess :P

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by *Stefan*
Hey,

Clear your inbox! Can't send anything...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oops
Okay, done
Original post by aersh8
Technically yeah but it's Greece - it happened a couple of years ago so there's no hope any more. As I said, it's Greece and this country is a real mess :P

Posted from TSR Mobile

Έλληνας στο Cambridge? Μπράβο!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nope not even close I will get around 5000 for maintenance and my mum will help me out a bit but I guess I don't have to include food costs or anything, and I will probably work over the summer so I should be alright lol
Έλληνας στο Cambridge? Μπράβο!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lol thanks! You're Greek too then? Where are you off to? :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by aersh8
Lol thanks! You're Greek too then? Where are you off to? :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeap :biggrin:

Currently holding offers from LSE, KCL, Durham and Bristol (and a post-interview rejection from Oxford) for Law.

Undecided as to what I'm going to firm :/

Currently holding offers from LSE, KCL, Durham and Bristol (and a post-interview rejection from Oxford) for Law.

Awesome, congrats! LSE is definitely the obvious choice the way I see it - my brother is going there for Government and Economics (post interview rejection for PPE) :smile: LSE is arguably on the same level/better than Oxbridge for social sciences and it will provide you with the best possible opportunities post graduation.

Are you from Athens?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by aersh8
Awesome, congrats! LSE is definitely the obvious choice the way I see it - my brother is going there for Government and Economics (post interview rejection for PPE) :smile: LSE is arguably on the same level/better than Oxbridge for social sciences and it will provide you with the best possible opportunities post graduation.

Are you from Athens?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks you! :smile:

Congrats to your brother as well! The course is awesome!

Yeah - everyone seems to agree on that, although I'll admit I'm not sure about LSE's social scene. I'm definitely academically driven, but I'd still like a healthy social scene. Regardless, I have two whole months to make my final decision, so I'll consider my options thoroughly before doing anything hasty.

I'm from Thessaloniki/Kavala! May I ask if your brother is doing the IB?

(By the way, should I end up going to LSE, I'd really like to meet your brother in person! Greeks at LSE are apparently a very rare phaenomenon! :biggrin:)

I'd go with Durham or Bristol - LSE isn't the best there is for law.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'd go with Durham or Bristol - LSE isn't the best there is for law.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You mean reputation/rankings wise?
Thanks you! :smile:

Congrats to your brother as well! The course is awesome!

Yeah - everyone seems to agree on that, although I'll admit I'm not sure about LSE's social scene. I'm definitely academically driven, but I'd still like a healthy social scene. Regardless, I have two whole months to make my final decision, so I'll consider my options thoroughly before doing anything hasty.

I'm from Thessaloniki/Kavala! May I ask if your brother is doing the IB?

(By the way, should I end up going to LSE, I'd really like to meet your brother in person! Greeks at LSE are apparently a very rare phaenomenon! :biggrin:)

Look LSE is in London so inevitably the social scene will be awesome. Yes, there will be some people who will be studying all day but there will also be tonnes of others who want to party all day (you know what I mean). And even if you don't like those at LSE, you'll be a short walk away from UCL and other unis so you will be able to hang out with anyone you want.

No, we're doing A levels (we go to a British school). You're doing IB I assume then?

Yeah, that would be a good idea! Most Greeks at LSE are indeed post graduate students, so finding another undergrad could be unbelievably difficult, although I think this is a good thing since it can help broaden your horizons and build a more interesting experience :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I mean overall rep with employers - there doesn't seem to be as much interest in LSE law grads according to this:

Source: http://www.chambersstudent.co.uk/media/1067/what_is_a_good_university.pdf
Original post by aersh8
Look LSE is in London so inevitably the social scene will be awesome. Yes, there will be some people who will be studying all day but there will also be tonnes of others who want to party all day (you know what I mean). And even if you don't like those at LSE, you'll be a short walk away from UCL and other unis so you will be able to hang out with anyone you want.

No, we're doing A levels (we go to a British school). You're doing IB I assume then?

Yeah, that would be a good idea! Most Greeks at LSE are indeed post graduate students, so finding another undergrad could be unbelievably difficult, although I think this is a good thing since it can help broaden your horizons and build a more interesting experience :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I guess you're right!

I'm doing A-Levels as well, though I'm going with the Apolytirion & A-Levels combination.

LSE is probably the most diverse university in the UK, so that will happen regardless I think! I'm really excited about the whole university experience though, wherever I end up going! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I mean overall rep with employers - there doesn't seem to be as much interest in LSE law grads according to this:

Source: http://www.chambersstudent.co.uk/media/1067/what_is_a_good_university.pdf

Ah... Don't rely on that at all.

LSE has 4000 undergraduate students, while other universities have about 9000-14000+. It's natural that the latter feature more prominently in the survey. The fact that LSE is still prominent is actually really impressive (particularly for the US firms). Don't forget though -LSE "pushes" many of its undergraduates into IB/Finance and I suppose that's what most people doing the economics/maths courses are most interested in.

In any case, I'd say LSE is a world leader in the legal world, and its reputation is international.

(Don't get me wrong -Durham and Bristol are definitely good universities too! I'm still seriously considering the former as a matter of fact.)

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)

Latest