The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
Nah it's not enabled at all. Would be useful to turn it on Tornado :colonhash:

Ahh thanks for the advice. A lot of mileage scares me as well, I guess I have to look past that though and stop being so damn picky. Because I know myself that's the thing. I'll give you one example, when the iPhone 4 came out they only had black in stock and I really wanted white but because the excitement of having the phone got the better of me I just go black and I swear to you, it annoyed me everyday, I couldn't stand the thing cos of it's colour. I have issues I know. I don't wanna make the same mistake with a car, buy it for the sake of it then when I'm driving round I'll feel a bit like crap.

Nah I hate searching on auto trader, only about 12 cars come up looool. More of a Gumtree person. :yep:

They really are turned on :confused:

Original post by samba
Find me people worth flirting with and sure :p:
Ahh, ok! My sis lives in Hampstead and works in the city so she just tubes it (as well as having failed her test 4 times :lol:) so I was thinking for being 'in the city' it's best not to drive! More understandable if you're going outta London 3 days a week. How much will parking cost though? My parking permit alone at uni is like £300 a year!

You're going to get absolutely raped on insurance anyway, so you could try an old honda accord (coupe) or even an old Hilux/jag. Can't imagine any small crappy autos at around the 1k mark being remotely decent.

Loool :tongue: ahh yes okay I see where you're coming from. Yeah in that case a car is nearly useless tbh. What does your sister do if you don't mind me asking :smile:
Ohhh my uni is very very very reasonable, I really love the place. There's a park and ride shuttle bus from campus to campus and at the end of the route there's the student car park where you pay 20p for a day ticket :biggrin: awesome right?! :ahee:

I know :frown: I'm searching hard :frown:

Original post by TornadoGR4
They really are turned on :confused:

Nopeee :frown:

Spoiler

Clearly it's nothing we're doing that's got anything to do with it. Dumb technology.
(edited 9 years ago)
Loool :tongue: ahh yes okay I see where you're coming from. Yeah in that case a car is nearly useless tbh. What does your sister do if you don't mind me asking :smile:
Ohhh my uni is very very very reasonable, I really love the place. There's a park and ride shuttle bus from campus to campus and at the end of the route there's the student car park where you pay 20p for a day ticket :biggrin: awesome right?! :ahee:

I know :frown: I'm searching hard :frown:

Nopeee :frown:

Spoiler

Clearly it's nothing we're doing that's got anything to do with it. Dumb technology.

I like that wolf. I changed Mirco Antenucci for that wolf.
Original post by sr90
No, it is illegal to discriminate against anyone on the basis of race.

It is technically, but it defo plays a part. Just like when I did quotes with and without my medical difference, literally everything else the same and prices inflated by £100's. Obviously it's quotes and they change all the time but it was too substantial to be mere chance.
Reply 1264

20p for a day ticket? :eek: That's insanely cheap! Tbf I do get to park about 10 metres from my lecture theatre if somebody doesn't steal my spot. Which uni is offering this madness? And she's a lawyer at a magic circle firm :smile:
I like that wolf. I changed Mirco Antenucci for that wolf.

:colonhash:

Original post by samba
20p for a day ticket? :eek: That's insanely cheap! Tbf I do get to park about 10 metres from my lecture theatre if somebody doesn't steal my spot. Which uni is offering this madness? And she's a lawyer at a magic circle firm :smile:

Yup! It's fair because uni's shouldn't be charging so much for services like that considering they get 9 grand and more from thousands of students. 10-15k for internationals ffs. We should not even have to pay to print :dry:

Spoiler

Great a lawyer, as I want to be :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 1266
:colonhash:

Yup! It's fair because uni's shouldn't be charging so much for services like that considering they get 9 grand and more from thousands of students. 10-15k for internationals ffs. We should not even have to pay to print :dry:

Spoiler

Great a lawyer, as I want to be :smile:

They should just charge med students and stuff more and leave the arts students alone! I've been to Herts, tis indeed pretty :smile: And a growing rep I believe, especially for things like video editing etc!

Spoiler

Original post by samba
They should just charge med students and stuff more and leave the arts students alone! I've been to Herts, tis indeed pretty :smile: And a growing rep I believe, especially for things like video editing etc!

That's a bit harsh? As other graduates have a scope for much higher salary especially.
Reply 1268
Original post by Depleted
That's a bit harsh? As other graduates have a scope for much higher salary especially.

It costs more to fund sciences/med though. So they should pay more, or have it subsidised in some other way that doesn't involve arts students paying higher fees to balance it out. That's how I see it anyway.

Sciences/Med 'generally' have higher salaries too.
Original post by samba
It costs more to fund sciences/med though. So they should pay more, or have it subsidised in some other way that doesn't involve arts students paying higher fees to balance it out. That's how I see it anyway.

Sciences/Med 'generally' have higher salaries too.

Yeah I suppose so. I think other degrees should be reduced as opposed to raising their fees though.
Reply 1270
Original post by Depleted
Yeah I suppose so. I think other degrees should be reduced as opposed to raising their fees though.

That's a whole other argument about 'how much fees should be subsidized' - Not saying I disagree though. Just think that courses that cost less than £9000 shouldn't cost £9000 to subsidise more expensive ones arbitrarily.
#NoDegreeMasterRaceCheckingInAndContributingToThisIncrediblyLongHashtag
Reply 1272
I don't know if anybody still does matched betting, but as I'm gonna be bored as hell this week waiting impatiently for my funding, I'm gonna try to design an automated matched betting program. Free money is good, but money when you have to make a daily effort it not free.

I will not be releasing it to the public, but if anybody does matched betting and wants a copy I can pm you for free effortless moneys. Gonna make it for the pc at first, so unless you have a windows server you'll be unable to stick it on a remote shell. I will take no responsibility for any money lost due to misconfiguration or program error.
Original post by samba

Spoiler

I have no ambition to work in MC tbh. It's too competitive. I know it's good to aim high and stuff but when you don't go to an rg it's hard. I'd love to be a legal executive though, or just go through the standardised solicitors route LPC, training contract and get a decent job then work up. (Uni offrs they're own LPC as well :smile: ) Ultimate ambition is to work on the legal team of some large company though (like apple, a football club's board maybe :ahee: ) , or have my own firm as I'd love t go into company/media and commercial law etc. :smile:

Yeah herts is lovely, deserves the rep it's getting. What do you do btw Sambs? (<----- that nickname is copyrighted by me, that's right I'm talking to you Depleted)

#NoDegreeMasterRaceCheckingInAndContributingToThisIncrediblyLongHashtag

:lol:
Reply 1274
I have no ambition to work in MC tbh. It's too competitive. I know it's good to aim high and stuff but when you don't go to an rg it's hard. I'd love to be a legal executive though, or just go through the standardised solicitors route LPC, training contract and get a decent job then work up. (Uni offrs they're own LPC as well :smile: ) Ultimate ambition is to work on the legal team of some large company though (like apple, a football club's board maybe :ahee: ) , or have my own firm as I'd love t go into company/media and commercial law etc. :smile:

Yeah herts is lovely, deserves the rep it's getting. What do you do btw Sambs? (<----- that nickname is copyrighted by me, that's right I'm talking to you Depleted)

:lol:

RG is overrated anyway lol. Something like 40% of MC trainees is from oxbridge iirc.as well as 80% of judges or something. Really doesn't matter who you go for I guess, as long as they pay your GDL/LPC (if you arent doing law at undergrad!) :smile: Sounds way less boring than tax law at least! And I'm a scumbag history student :smile: (I do computational FX and am trying to start a business and stuff too, a little bit of everything I suppose!) The pennies add up here and there. One of my tsr acolytes (Rafa) now trades too :proud: And I shall be teaching fangirl to do so next year!
Reply 1275
#NoDegreeMasterRaceCheckingInAndContributingToThisIncrediblyLong Hashtag

A degree would have taught you not to put a space between long and hashtag :biggrin:
Original post by samba
A degree would have taught you not to put a space between long and hashtag :biggrin:

TSR does that on long words :colonhash:
Reply 1277
TSR does that on long words :colonhash:

A bad workman blames his tools. :h:
Original post by samba
RG is overrated anyway lol. Something like 40% of MC trainees is from oxbridge iirc.as well as 80% of judges or something. Really doesn't matter who you go for I guess, as long as they pay your GDL/LPC (if you arent doing law at undergrad!) :smile: Sounds way less boring than tax law at least! And I'm a scumbag history student :smile: (I do computational FX and am trying to start a business and stuff too, a little bit of everything I suppose!) The pennies add up here and there. One of my tsr acolytes (Rafa) now trades too :proud: And I shall be teaching fangirl to do so next year!

Ahh yes Rafa. That's why he's disappeared I guess. Yeah I'm doing law at undergrad :smile:
Oh wow, no don't put yourself down like that. History's a tough subject.
Yeah I'm trying to forget about this whole RG elitism thing etc, I think I bother about it a bit too much tbh. Well it sounds like you're doing really well anyway Samba, well done :h:
I love East is East :awesome:

Latest