The Student Room Group

GCSE revision 2015

Hi everyone:smile:
I was just wondering who has started revision for their GCSE exams this summer, and how long you do per day and how you revise and things, and how much you tend to cover in your sessions? Oooh also any good sites? I've started slowly, but I dont know how much other people are doing. I'm predicted 4 A*s, 5 As and a B btw :tongue: I do triple science too so soooo much to revise...back to revision! Good luck everyone!
I'm doing my GCSEs in the summer and so far I've been trying to compose revision notes for each subject as my teacher's haven't done a lot to help. I do about 2-3 hours of work a night, the less homework I have, the more concentrated revision I do. For websites, I use lots of different sites depending on the subject but if you need help in a certain topic, I can try and give you some suggestions.

Good luck!
Reply 2
Yes I agree my teachers are doing nothing, but saying how much work we should be doing and that's it :/ wow 2-3 hours, that's a lot, well done! Need to try motivate myself to do that much!
Reply 3
Original post by thepurplerain
I'm doing my GCSEs in the summer and so far I've been trying to compose revision notes for each subject as my teacher's haven't done a lot to help. I do about 2-3 hours of work a night, the less homework I have, the more concentrated revision I do. For websites, I use lots of different sites depending on the subject but if you need help in a certain topic, I can try and give you some suggestions.

Good luck!

Hey!
I'm doing my GCSE'S in the summer too!:biggrin:
Which sites or revision materials/tips would you recommed for :
R.E (edexcel) -(Mark's Gospel if im being specific )
Maths (edexcel)
English language (AQA)
French listening /reading (OCR)

Thanks in advance !!:biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by am99_
Hi everyone:smile:
I was just wondering who has started revision for their GCSE exams this summer, and how long you do per day and how you revise and things, and how much you tend to cover in your sessions? Oooh also any good sites? I've started slowly, but I dont know how much other people are doing. I'm predicted 4 A*s, 5 As and a B btw :tongue: I do triple science too so soooo much to revise...back to revision! Good luck everyone!

What are your exam boards for each subject? You have to be specific as sometimes it's good to watch every video on the website. But, if you're short of time then it would not be a good idea wasting time watching videos that are not on your specification. If you find out your specification, you can always get revision guides on them from Collins usually for triple science, I've got it too but I do OCR Gateway B for triple science, what about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by Chittesh14
What are your exam boards for each subject? You have to be specific as sometimes it's good to watch every video on the website. But, if you're short of time then it would not be a good idea wasting time watching videos that are not on your specification. If you find out your specification, you can always get revision guides on them from Collins usually for triple science, I've got it too but I do OCR Gateway B for triple science, what about you?

I'm OCR too but 21st century, I have cgp books, thankyou for the tip I'll look up some videos tomorrow! How long do you spend revising per day Aprox?
Original post by diana99
Hey!
I'm doing my GCSE'S in the summer too!:biggrin:
Which sites or revision materials/tips would you recommed for :
R.E (edexcel) -(Mark's Gospel if im being specific )
Maths (edexcel)
English language (AQA)
French listening /reading (OCR)

Thanks in advance !!:biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

For Maths, I find that this site is useful for actually doing past papers as it sorts questions from previous exams into bundles of graded topics so you can practise the questions that you struggled with.

For English Language, you can easily find any kind of newspaper article online and try to answer a Q1 style question - what do you learn from the article about...? Also, try doing some creative writing for example a persuasive argument to prepare for the writing section. A good way to improve your vocabulary is to write down a word, think of a synonym of this word and then an ambitious alternative to push yourself.

:smile:
Reply 7
Original post by thepurplerain
For Maths, I find that this site is useful for actually doing past papers as it sorts questions from previous exams into bundles of graded topics so you can practise the questions that you struggled with.

For English Language, you can easily find any kind of newspaper article online and try to answer a Q1 style question - what do you learn from the article about...? Also, try doing some creative writing for example a persuasive argument to prepare for the writing section. A good way to improve your vocabulary is to write down a word, think of a synonym of this word and then an ambitious alternative to push yourself.

:smile:

Thanks so much ! I'll take all of this on board :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by am99_
I'm OCR too but 21st century, I have cgp books, thankyou for the tip I'll look up some videos tomorrow! How long do you spend revising per day Aprox?

I don't revise, I'm an idiot. I need to start revising though, I get too lazy as I'm addicted to my iPad and laptop too much. From the easter holidays, I'm going to tell my parents to hide my iPad and laptop so I can revise.

Quick Reply

Latest