The Student Room Group

Official Vacation Scheme Thread 2015!!!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Able star
Ah. When did you send your app off?

Around a week before the deadline. The 8th, I think
Reply 4201
RPC VS offer
Do Mishcon even have any space left? I've been waiting 3 weeks since my interview now.
Original post by sg7402a
Around a week before the deadline. The 8th, I think

I wish they'd hurry up and send me mine - sent my app early Jan and heard nothing since
Original post by legal_nyx
Trowers interview! Just when I was beginning to despair! :biggrin:

Congrats! Is this for london?
Original post by school_freak
congrats! may i ask how long it took for them to get back to you after phone interview? thanks

2 days, they had said that I would definitely hear within 2 weeks which is there normal timeframe
Original post by TC39
RPC VS offer

Congratz! May I ask when was your interview?
Original post by Hazza77
2 days, they had said that I would definitely hear within 2 weeks which is there normal timeframe

wow quick response then, yea i had my phone interview a couple days back but im still waiting :/
Reed smith offer!

Posted from TSR Mobile
The long awaited PFO from Boodle this morning and also an expected PFO from Bevan Brittan. Not surprised at all.....
Original post by almvp
Just finished the Lewis Silkin video... not sure what to think of it :/

Hey, I'm sure it went better than you think! I'm going to be doing it tomorrow... Absolutely terrified. I've never done a video interview before! Any cheeky pointers at all? I'd be so grateful :confused: :s-smilie: :smile:
Reply 4211
Original post by warwick_lawyer2b
Hey, I'm sure it went better than you think! I'm going to be doing it tomorrow... Absolutely terrified. I've never done a video interview before! Any cheeky pointers at all? I'd be so grateful :confused: :s-smilie: :smile:

I would say that you need to revise and know unique points about the firm i.e. clients, and practice how to communicate your own experiences.

Obviously wear a suit, look at the camera lens, speak clearly etc

You basically have 30 secs to prepare what you want to say and then 2 mins to answer

Good Luck!
Hey when did you have your interview at RPC?

Original post by TC39
RPC VS offer
Reply 4213
Original post by TiredandHopeful
Apparently, TW withdrew my application because all their places were filled. Sigh.

Lol i got it too, did you take it as meaning they've read it and rejected us though, or do you think they actually meant that they never even got around to reading ours? So ridiculous
I was rejected by bevan too :/!
Original post by school_freak
wow quick response then, yea i had my phone interview a couple days back but im still waiting :/

yeah I was surprised by how quick i heard back, hopefully you will hear something positive early next week
Original post by np2807
Lol i got it too, did you take it as meaning they've read it and rejected us though, or do you think they actually meant that they never even got around to reading ours? So ridiculous

Even though the e-mail mentioned 'careful consideration' of my (and presumably your) application, their use of the word 'withdraw' instead of 'rejected' in addition to just how the email was worded worries me. I call bull****. Sigh, what a complete waste of time. Regardless, hope your other apps have gone well!
Penningtons Manches and Taylor Vinters interviews. Any tips/hints anybody please? These will be my first ever vac scheme interviews!
Original post by actusreus94
Taylor Vinters interview offer! anyone else :smile:

Me too! Any ideas on what to expect?
Hey, how long did it usually take for HSF to get back to people post assessment centre?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending