Study buddy needed

I TAKE

CIE IGCSE English Literature

CIE IGCSE English Language
CIE IGCSE Maths Extended
CIE IGCSE Double Award Science
CIE IGCSE Mandarin
CIE IGCSE Economics
Edexcel IGCSE ICT (gonna get a D in this)
Edexcel GCSE Religious Studies
Edexcel GCSE Psychology. (sooo easy)
haha where r u taking these?im taking:
maths
English
English literature
triple science
graphic products
business studies
history ethics!
Original post by skhan99
haha where r u taking these?im taking:
maths
English
English literature
triple science
graphic products
business studies
history ethics!

What do you mean where am i taking it? haha... cie? Wanna study together?

I might do business on october
Reply 3
Original post by weirdpersonnn
I TAKE

CIE IGCSE English Literature

CIE IGCSE English Language
CIE IGCSE Maths Extended
CIE IGCSE Double Award Science
CIE IGCSE Mandarin
CIE IGCSE Economics
Edexcel IGCSE ICT (gonna get a D in this)
Edexcel GCSE Religious Studies
Edexcel GCSE Psychology. (sooo easy)

I've done the CIE IGCSE English Language and got an A* from the November 2014 paper so happy to give any tips or advice... Doing the same English lit paper as you. Which set texts and poems are you doing? And Im doing the same Religious studies exam as you. So happy to share tips and notes on the religious studies and english literature!
Original post by igcse101
I've done the CIE IGCSE English Language and got an A* from the November 2014 paper so happy to give any tips or advice... Doing the same English lit paper as you. Which set texts and poems are you doing? And Im doing the same Religious studies exam as you. So happy to share tips and notes on the religious studies and english literature!

For IGCSE language I'm only doing the Reading Paper because i'm doing coursework.

Wanna study together
Reply 5
For IGCSE language I'm only doing the Reading Paper because i'm doing coursework.

Wanna study together

oh okay i see, slightly different from me then. Yeah sure, what ideas/ how are you gonna structure your work? I think I am being given revision booklets from my teachers on the 4 RS topics, like powerpoint copies.. Hbu?
oh okay i see, slightly different from me then. Yeah sure, what ideas/ how are you gonna structure your work? I think I am being given revision booklets from my teachers on the 4 RS topics, like powerpoint copies.. Hbu?

I really wann go on a study leave now because we're not learning/doing anything in school.

So scared for maths which is my first exam.

For RE i'm just ognna do 1 chapter + praactice papers every week i guess.

And I have an RE book + powerpoints online hehe

For Lit i'm doing fasting feasting, inspector calls & songs of ourselves - pike, the cockroach, those poems
Reply 8
For Lit i'm doing fasting feasting, inspector calls & songs of ourselves - pike, the cockroach, those poems

Okay so the only common one we have is the poetry anthology as I am doing the same poems. Tbh the poetry part is fine if you just understand what the poems are about really well as you get given a copy in the exam of the specific poems so you don't have to remember it exactly as you can annotate the new one. I just need to go over them loads of times to remember any specific style points etc..
Okay so the only common one we have is the poetry anthology as I am doing the same poems. Tbh the poetry part is fine if you just understand what the poems are about really well as you get given a copy in the exam of the specific poems so you don't have to remember it exactly as you can annotate the new one. I just need to go over them loads of times to remember any specific style points etc..

Hi. Do you do igcse maths extended?

I'm doing the Reading Paper (Language) soon and since u got an A* i was wondering if u could give me some advice? Like using a past paper passage for example

Oh and do you wanna go over the poems some time?

I have a hard time answering essay questions
Hi. Do you do igcse maths extended?

I'm doing the Reading Paper (Language) soon and since u got an A* i was wondering if u could give me some advice? Like using a past paper passage for example

Oh and do you wanna go over the poems some time?

I have a hard time answering essay questions

No I have already done my igcse maths however the edexcel one not cie.. Yeah sure well the best advice i can give you is to just do lots of practise papers. So at the start i just couldn't wrap my mind around how i was meant to answer them and kept getting low A's but i just did more and more questions in class and made it to a high A* in the end. So genuinely just keep doing more and more questions, and under timed conditions. Which section of the paper do you find hardest?
No I have already done my igcse maths however the edexcel one not cie.. Yeah sure well the best advice i can give you is to just do lots of practise papers. So at the start i just couldn't wrap my mind around how i was meant to answer them and kept getting low A's but i just did more and more questions in class and made it to a high A* in the end. So genuinely just keep doing more and more questions, and under timed conditions. Which section of the paper do you find hardest?

For Language, I find the whole paper hard. The summary is a bit easier because you're given everything and you just have to summarise it.

For Literature, I find it really hard especially because it's timed andd handwritten. I need a lot of time to write a good essay. I am also very very slow. If you have another idea, it's hard to edit. For homeworks I get A-A* but during like actual tests I get B-Cs.

For Religious Studies, I think I'm doing Christianity and another religion. I'm actually thinking of doing another RE exam just to impress unis? IDK. Yeah, RE is hard too because you have to write long answers under timed conditions... I never finish on time
Oh for lit, i also find it hard to answer questions like how does ___ poet portray this and that. Like it's so hard to structure my answers & paragraphs
For Language, I find the whole paper hard. The summary is a bit easier because you're given everything and you just have to summarise it.

For Literature, I find it really hard especially because it's timed andd handwritten. I need a lot of time to write a good essay. I am also very very slow. If you have another idea, it's hard to edit. For homeworks I get A-A* but during like actual tests I get B-Cs.

For Religious Studies, I think I'm doing Christianity and another religion. I'm actually thinking of doing another RE exam just to impress unis? IDK. Yeah, RE is hard too because you have to write long answers under timed conditions... I never finish on time

Someone else was asking me about English Language and this was my message of advice to them so I'll just copy it here:
(Original post by igcse101)
Yup I did mine in November 2014 so makes sense. Okay well for the coursework you'll just have to take notes on what feedback your teacher gives and really work as hard as you can on it, as it can help bring your mark up. I can't help with the speaking and listening as I didn't have to do it so I have no idea, but with the actual questions in the exam I just did so many practice papers. and honestly thats the only way forward. So with the first question you need to understand exactly what is required for each form, e.g. what you need to write in a letter etc. As with some you have to be personal like a diary, but with a formal report or newsletter it is much more informative and facts based. Try and pick out 5 points for each of the 3 bullet points they give you in the exam. Then for the second question, group all the ideas together, and analysis short key phrases or words and talk about not only their meaning but what that implies and the effect that it gives. Then for the summary, highlight on the exam paper all key points that are necessary, and write ONLY what is necessary and put it in your OWN words. I can't stress that enough, it needs to be in your own words. I have left my english folder at school but ill have a look through it next lesson and see if I have anything else written down in it. I threw all my past work away after I found out I got an A*, so Ill see if I have anything important left and I'll let you know. Hope this has helped a bit at least!!

And this was their reply:
Wow... That was really helpful, thanks
I've printed your message out and I'm using it for revision prompts. I need to start doing past papers, because there is absolutely no way to revise for this exam;(.... I get what you mean for the exam questions, but will it only be a letter, diary or report/newsletter? Or will there be other possible things? .... Thanks

I agree with you about lit, i probably find that my hardest subject as i just don't feel anything when i read it. I just have to make up so much stuff haha! So I'm not the best for lit, but if my teacher tells us anything helpful ill pass it on to you..
Oh RS, okay so basically the actually subject isn't hard, i am only doing the short course which is more manageable, but basically you just have to memorise the textbook before the exam. And then regurgitate everything you have just learnt. Not much thinking involved just learning of the text book. Tbh once you know the points, you'll be able to do it under timed conditions as atm i find it so hard as i have to spend ages thinking of an answer but once you know it, you'll be fine. :smile: Hope this has helped :smile:

Hi! I know... 5 years later... haha.
But I am doing my IGCSEs this year, and I want to do my best, do you have any advice for english, history any sciences or general advice? I know a lot has changed, but you still have experince.

Quick Reply

Latest