The Student Room Group

Nottingham GEM (A101) Applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by JosieD
I have not heard anything either.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Have you tried contacting them
Reply 221
I'd give the post until the end of this week if you can. 2nd class post can take up to 5 working days I think :/
Definitely drop them an email if nothing arrives by next week though.
Reply 222
Phew! 24th march.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 223
still freaking nothing! I hope its just that the snow causing problems and not that I haven't got an interview :O
Reply 224
Original post by Vitzy93
still freaking nothing! I hope its just that the snow causing problems and not that I haven't got an interview :O

Definitely give them a call tomorrow. Should have been there by now.
Reply 225
Original post by Zorg
Definitely give them a call tomorrow. Should have been there by now.

Hey! I gave them a call last Thursday and they told me I'm on the list for having a letter sent out for interview - but will call again tomorrow if I don't receive anything in the post!
Reply 226
Congrats on the interviews guys, I was in your shoes last year before GEM if you want to ask me any questions :smile:
Any tips for the interview? :smile: thanks
Reply 228
Hey guys,
just wondering if anyone can shed some light on the different stations for the MMI as I never done one before and would be interested to know more, especially from people who have already been through the process :smile: thanks
Reply 229
[QUOTE="EBG92;53717003"]Congrats on the interviews guys, I was in your shoes last year before GEM if you want to ask me any questions :smile:[/QUOTE

Hey buddy, if you could just describe the interview that would really help. I'm trying to prepare as best I can and a little forewarning really helps with the nerves. Ta
Original post by EBG92
Congrats on the interviews guys, I was in your shoes last year before GEM if you want to ask me any questions :smile:

Hi. Thanks! How many stations were there and what did they consist of, please?
Reply 231
Hi! I realise I'm very late joining this thread, but from some initial internet-searching it seems like there will be 8 separate interviewers (clinicians, academics and a lay person). According to the website they'll be asking about whether we're realistic about what it means to be a doctor, our interest in the field of medicine, and personal attributes necessary for the study and practice of medicine. This is vague, of course, but I suppose it's enough to prepare a little?

My interview's on 1st April at 9:30 :smile:
Thanks for that. I suppose they tailor the questions to what we have put on our applications, do you reckon? I should have made a copy of exactly what I put on my Work Experience form. I wish you good luck with your interview though I wish myself slightly more, of course!
Reply 233
Original post by Jane1296
Hi. Thanks! How many stations were there and what did they consist of, please?

I can say there were 8 stations but for obvious reasons I'm not allowed to tell you what each station was. I think it has slightly changed since my interview but MMI is still a good way of carrying out the interviews.

don't panic if you mess up one station (I did) just move onto the next room and I'll be honest as soon as you step in through the door you forget about everything else :smile:

I hope this helps relax you guys a little bit knowing that a mistake here and there isn't always the end. It's very relaxed and you'll enjoy it.
Original post by EBG92
I can say there were 8 stations but for obvious reasons I'm not allowed to tell you what each station was. I think it has slightly changed since my interview but MMI is still a good way of carrying out the interviews.

don't panic if you mess up one station (I did) just move onto the next room and I'll be honest as soon as you step in through the door you forget about everything else :smile:

I hope this helps relax you guys a little bit knowing that a mistake here and there isn't always the end. It's very relaxed and you'll enjoy it.

Thanks for the tips. Georges was MMI and I bombed - hence the rejection. Are the stations timed and your buzzed out? And do the interviewers interact at all? I appreciate there is only so much you can tell us... Thanks
St georges MMI was absolutely horrible- interviewers were not allowed to interact in any way.

Ive heard nots is more relaxed?
Original post by whitelessflannel
St georges MMI was absolutely horrible- interviewers were not allowed to interact in any way.

I'm glad I'm not the only one that felt that way about George's. I'm hoping notts is nicer too...

Original post by whitelessflannel

Reply 237
Hi Guys! Does anyone know how long you can use your GAMSAT for?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 238
Original post by Finnius
Hi Guys! Does anyone know how long you can use your GAMSAT for?

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's on your results page. 2 application cycles.
Original post by emmalou87
Thanks for the tips. Georges was MMI and I bombed - hence the rejection. Are the stations timed and your buzzed out? And do the interviewers interact at all? I appreciate there is only so much you can tell us... Thanks

Without giving too much away, the stations are timed and a bell rung at the end, but the interviewers are certainly interactive and encouraging. I found it a far more pleasant/less nerve wracking experience than SGUL, and a good deal of people agree with me in that respect.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending