The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

lol.
Yalda's dad is really ill atm, he's in hospital.
She's requesting everyone to make dua for him please. It's urgent.
JZK.

Posted from TSR Mobile
May Allah give him Shifaa and keep him in the best of health. May Allah grant her family patience and strength throughout. Ameen. Tell her to stay strong. :smile:
Original post by R£SP£CT
May Allah give him Shifaa and keep him in the best of health. May Allah grant her family patience and strength throughout. Ameen. Tell her to stay strong. :smile:

Ameen.
JZK I will :yy:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ameen ya rabb al alameen
Original post by HAnwar
JZK.

Posted from TSR Mobile

May Allah, the most Merciful, the most Graceful, grant him Shifa (cure) from all type of diseases and illnesses. Tell her don't stress too much, even thought she is facing a lot of problems/difficulties.
(edited 9 years ago)
[h="2"]Veteran US journalist slams Israeli propaganda[/h]

Veteran US journalist and former CNN anchor Jim Clancy has spoken out against the Israeli media less than two months after stepping down from the news network following his anti-Israeli tweets.
Clancy told Lebanese journalists in Beirut on Friday that the Israeli media is particularly well-funded and is acting in an organized manner in their propaganda campaign, according to The Daily Star.The veteran journalist noted, however, that the Israeli lobby’s propaganda efforts have failed because an increasing number of young people on university campuses across the US now support the Palestinian cause.“Hasbara [propaganda] funding has increased for the Israeli lobby, but its propaganda efforts have failed. I mean the number of young people on campuses who now support the Palestinian cause has risen,” he told the audience.Clancy resigned in January following angry exchanges on Twitter with pro-Israeli commentators.He quit his job after he appeared to suggest that the Charlie Hebdo terror attacks in Paris were provoked by the magazine’s pro-Israel stance.The former anchor noted Friday that he did not regret making the anti-Israeli comments because he “had enough.”“I don’t have to put up with this... and I’m not going to. I’d had enough,” he said. “In my case I’d rather be Twitter-fried for telling the truth than held out for lying, saying I was somewhere I wasn't or claiming I saw people murdered who weren’t,” Clancy told The Daily Star.Some who argued with him on Twitter have worked for the Israeli regime and pro-Israel lobby groups like AIPAC.Clancy has been critical of the Israeli occupation and its treatment of Palestinians.

http://www.presstv.com/Detail/2015/03/07/400701/ExCNN-anchor-slams-Israeli-propaganda
Don't the Israeli lobbyists realize, when truth confronts falsehood, falsehood perishes, because falsehood by its nature is bound to perish? No matter how well funded, how well strategists, no matter how one tries to defame or make the truth seemed crooked, and confuse the masses, the truth prevails.

I condemn ISIS and all terrorism, including Israels occupation of Palestine.
[h="2"]Saudi court hands gang-raped woman 200 lashes, 6-month jail term[/h]
A Saudi woman who had fallen victim to a violent gang-rape has been sentenced to 200 lashes and six months in jail after being found guilty of speaking to the media about the crime and indecency.The Shia woman, 19 years old back in 2006, was in the car of a student friend when two men got into the vehicle and drove them to a secluded area, where she was raped by seven men, the Middle East Monitor reported on Friday.She was initially sentenced to 90 lashes for being in the car of a strange man, because the Saudi law dictates that a male family member must accompany a woman at all times in public.The rapists were, surprisingly, sentenced to prison terms up to five years, which were regarded light considering the fact that they could have faced the death penalty.The woman’s lawyer, Abdul Rahman al-Lahem, appealed to the Saudi General Court after the sentences were handed down. The court, however, more than doubled her sentence because the victim had spoken to the media.“For whoever has an objection on verdicts issued, the system allows to appeal without resorting to the media,” Saudi officials said in a statement published on the official Saudi Press Agency.The lawyer was also banned from the case, his license was confiscated, and was summoned to a disciplinary hearing scheduled for later this month.The verdict has been criticized by a number of politicians and human rights organizations around the globe.Moreover, former US State Department spokesman Sean McCormack said, “I think when you look at the crime and the fact that now the victim is punished, I think that causes a fair degree of surprise and astonishment. It is within the power of the Saudi government to take a look at the verdict and change it.”The Human Rights Watch also noted that the ruling “not only sends victims of sexual violence the message that they should not press charges, but in effect offers protection and impunity to the perpetrators.”International human rights organizations have repeatedly lashed out at Saudi Arabia for failing to address the rights situation in the kingdom.They say Saudi Arabia has persistently implemented repressive policies that stifle freedom of expression, association and assembly.MSM/AS/MHB

http://www.presstv.ir/Detail/2015/03/07/400614/Gangraped-Saudi-woman-given-200-lashes
[video="youtube;uRUiq__5mbE"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRUiq__5mbE[/video]
Original post by ThatMuslimGuy
[video="youtube;uRUiq__5mbE"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRUiq__5mbE[/video]

Salaam,

Love your posts. Please keep your blog updated with more posts insha Allah.

Would it be ok if I used your work? I may do a local magazine or something along those lines to raise awareness of the claims which are being made against the Quran. The work you are doing is priceless alhamdulillah.
(edited 9 years ago)
لَكُمْ دِينُكُمْ وَلِيَ دِينِ

For you is your religion, and for me is my religion
Original post by Mary562
Can someone answer my question :colone: Thanks

Please ask your local shaykh, or one that is reliable. We can't give fatawa :tongue:

Original post by female akhi
Wa alaikum assalaam, brother ash

I got it from one of the books at kalamullah.com

If you are still curious, i'll post the link after i come back from work

It really is a beautiful description, isnt it, akh :beard: :yes:

Posted from TSR Mobile

indeed

لَّا يَسْأَمُ الْإِنسَانُ مِن دُعَاءِ الْخَيْرِ وَإِن مَّسَّهُ الشَّرُّ فَيَئُوسٌ قَنُوطٌ

لَّا يَسْأَمُ الْإِنسَانُ مِن دُعَاءِ الْخَيْرِ وَإِن مَّسَّهُ الشَّرُّ فَيَئُوسٌ قَنُوطٌ

Man is not weary of supplication for good [things], but if evil touches him, he is hopeless and despairing.

وَإِذَا أَنْعَمْنَا عَلَى الْإِنسَانِ أَعْرَضَ وَنَأَىٰ بِجَانِبِهِ وَإِذَا مَسَّهُ الشَّرُّ فَذُو دُعَاءٍ عَرِيضٍ

And when We bestow favor upon man, he turns away and distances himself; but when evil touches him, then he is full of extensive supplication.

SubhaanAllah, it's beautiful.

Original post by Mary562
An Uncle passed away earlier today. I found out half an hour ago when Dad told me about this. SubhanAllah he was such a great man, I just can't forget the memories when I spent in Pakistan with him and the love he showed towards Dad and I. I feel totally empty and I just can't believe how this happened :frown: It's just seems unreal. He was the one who'd impart knowledge onto us. Unfortunately he had to leave England and go back to Pakistan. He passed away in Afghanistan. Please make dua for him and keep him in your duas.

Original post by The_K1NG
Inna lilahi wa ina illehi rajioon. May Allah forgive all his sins and give you sabr in this tough time.

Ameen

Original post by R£SP£CT

Ameen
Original post by ash92:)
Please ask your local shaykh, or one that is reliable. We can't give fatawa :tongue:

indeed

SubhaanAllah, it's beautiful.

Ameen

Ameen

Yo ash can i PM you a question?
Original post by HAnwar
JZK.

Posted from TSR Mobile

May Allah swt give her father health and give Yalda and her family sabr.
Original post by DeathGuardElite
Yo ash can i PM you a question?

Go for it mate :h:)
Anas said:

the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) was one of the best of men in character. One day he sent me to do something, and I said: I swore by Allah that I would not go. But in my heart I felt that I should go to do what the Prophet of Allah (ﷺ) had commanded me; so I went out and came upon some boys who were playing in the street. All of a sudden the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) who had come up behind caught me by the back of the neck, and when I looked at him he was laughing. He said: Go where I ordered you, little Anas. I replied: Yes, I am going, Apostle of Allah! Anas said: I swear by Allah, I served him for seven or nine years, and he never said to me about a thing which I had done: Why did you do such and such? Nor about a thing which I left: why did not do such and such?

Grade: Hasan (Al-Albani)
Sunan Abi Dawud 4773
لَكُمْ دِينُكُمْ وَلِيَ دِينِ

For you is your religion, and for me is my religion

Where does atheism fit into that? :tongue:
Wasn't aware of the following hadith. Even greater incentive to suppress anger :colondollar::tongue:

Narrated Mu'adh ibn Jabal:

The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said: If anyone suppresses anger when he is in a position to give vent to it, Allah, the Exalted, will call him on the Day of Resurrection over the heads of all creatures, and ask him to choose any of the bright and large eyed maidens he wishes.
Abu Dawud said: The name of the transmitter Abu Marhum is 'Abd al-Rahman b. Maimun

Grade: Hasan (Al-Albani)
Sunan Abi Dawud 4777
Guys i have a question

Are muslim brothers allowed to have girlfriend?

Latest

Trending

Trending