The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVI

Scroll to see replies

Spoiler

Original post by IDukem
No worries! Yeah a lot of my mates have got all these amazing things happening to them and I'm super buzzed for them and so I'm like "woooooooo"...

Then I sit back and look at myself and I'm like "yeah, Duke mate...ermmmm..." :lol:

:hugs:

Ah I hate those kind of situations :lol: As much as you want to be happy for them there's a little voice at the back of your mind like "What about me?" :puppyeyes:

I'm sure that there's something exciting in store for you soon, it'll come when you least expect it :wink:

Original post by SassQueen13
Ah I hate those kind of situations :lol: As much as you want to be happy for them there's a little voice at the back of your mind like "What about me?" :puppyeyes:

I'm sure that there's something exciting in store for you soon, it'll come when you least expect it :wink:

Exactly! A little jealousy is fine when it's put right as it's inspired me to work a little harder than before :smile:

I hope so hahaaaaa it'd be nice if something so gosh darn awesome came along and rock my world on its head n'all :moon:

I hope everything's going well for you :hugs:
Spoilered for rant.

Spoiler

Sorry to anyone that felt the need to read that, just needed to get it out I think. Hope people are ok :redface:

On a different (less selfish...) note, has anyone heard from Pathway recently/know if she's alright?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)

yeah I'm the same, I feel so terrible for it
Original post by superwolf
Awesome. :biggrin:

:hugs: Being on meds isn't a failure, and you shouldn't feel bad for needing them just now.

Thanks. Just feeling frustrated really, thought things were going well.

Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
That is pretty harsh :eek: :console: :sadnod:

Huge hugs hun :jumphug:

Original post by Sabertooth
**** YEAH! :five:

:hugs: That sucks but hopefully the haldol will help and perhaps you can try going no-meds again in the future.

Thanks saber :hugs: Sorry to hear things aren't great :hugs:
Anyone here seen their GP weekly whilst awaiting therapy ? Sent my therapy referral forms off, spoke to place on phone and they said willl be 3 weeks til i get an assessment, then another 6-8 weeks waiting. So at least 2 and half months-ish until CBT starts

I have just found out that house moving stuff going through faster than i expected it too which is horrible, too fast for my liking

Although we are getting a shared room so i can stay in local area, i don't know how i am going to cope when for sale board goes up and people start viewing. Just talking about moving house made anger and depression and stuff come out in me, had to go back and see GP at one point as emergency as dad was worried about me. Going to be worse when for sale board goes up and people start viewing, coping for me will not be easy. Depressed over leaving house after living there 14 years. Can see my anger returning even more. Dont know how i will relax or what i will do when people view. Crying thinking about it all. Just talking about house moving made me feel like i didn't want to exist and v angry. This stage if people viewing will be awful

Would it be weird to ask my GP if he can see me weekly whilst this is going on, at least until CBT starts as no other support until then
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Scott_Maslen_Fan
Anyone here seen their GP weekly whilst awaiting therapy ? Sent my therapy referral forms off, spoke to place on phone and they said willl be 3 weeks til i get an assessment, then another 6-8 weeks waiting. So at least 2 and half months-ish until CBT starts

I have just found out that house moving stuff going through faster than i expected it too which is horrible, too fast for my liking

Although we are getting a shared room so i can stay in local area, i don't know how i am going to cope when for sale board goes up and people start viewing. Just talking about moving house made anger and depression and stuff come out in me, had to go back and see GP at one point as emergency as dad was worried about me. Going to be worse when for sale board goes up and people start viewing, coping for me will not be easy. Depressed over leaving house after living there 14 years. Can see my anger returning even more. Dont know how i will relax or what i will do when people view. Crying thinking about it all. Just talking about house moving made me feel like i didn't want to exist and v angry. This stage if people viewing will be awful

Would it be weird to ask my GP if he can see me weekly whilst this is going on, at least until CBT starts as no other support until then

You've asked this same question many times now and it's been answered by various different people - it is fine and your GP won't just get rid of you because you're in therapy. Therapy and medical intervention are completely separate and you will continue to be reviewed throughout.
Original post by ScaryScience
You've asked this same question many times now and it's been answered by various different people - it is fine and your GP won't just get rid of you because you're in therapy. Therapy and medical intervention are completely separate and you will continue to be reviewed throughout.

Oh I know

Just wondering if whilst i'm not in therapy and have to wait around 2 and half months for that to begin, it would be daft to ask GP if i can see him weekly as house goes up for sale next week, viewings and all sorts starting and i am going to find it loads harder to cope

Just talking about moving made me extremely angry and depressed. Door got broke, cups broke. That was when GP told my dad to get me to make an appointment with himself as i was so struggling
(edited 9 years ago)

Spoiler

Sweetie you are an amazing and a beautiful person :smile: You have 6 deadlines so just even it out and relax :smile:
Original post by Scott_Maslen_Fan
Oh I know

Just wondering if whilst i'm not in therapy and have to wait around 2 and half months for that to begin, it would be daft to ask GP if i can see him weekly as house goes up for sale next week, viewings and all sorts starting and i am going to find it loads harder to cope

Just talking about moving made me extremely angry and depressed. Door got broke, cups broke. That was when GP told my dad to get me to make an appointment with himself as i was so struggling

I would just go and ask them. Make an appointment and just say you would like to see them weekly. I'm sure they won't mind. Especially if you think you are going to struggle.

It might also be worth while looking into some coping strategies that you can use for yourself.
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
Sweetie you are an amazing and a beautiful person :smile: You have 6 deadlines so just even it out and relax :smile:

Thanks. Find that pretty much impossible to believe but thanks anyway. trying to take it one piece at a time but its not working.
feel ****. horrible intrusive/gruesome thoughts. want it over already.
Thanks. Find that pretty much impossible to believe but thanks anyway. trying to take it one piece at a time but its not working.

No believe me you are :smile: Just breathe and take it easy :smile:
Original post by jelly1000
yeah I'm the same, I feel so terrible for it

Don't be! It's natural and quite a common thing to feel so don't feel bad for it ^_^

Original post by IDukem
Exactly! A little jealousy is fine when it's put right as it's inspired me to work a little harder than before :smile:

I hope so hahaaaaa it'd be nice if something so gosh darn awesome came along and rock my world on its head n'all :moon:

I hope everything's going well for you :hugs:

You always manage to put a positive spin on things Dukey :h:

Things will take a turn for the better Dukes I can feel it! How could they not for our resident rockstar? :teehee:

I'm not at the best phase of my life right now but I'm trying to make the little things count :redface: Hopefully going to play cricket, volleyball and go swimming next week :awesome:

How are things with you? :smile:
Anyone else had a somewhat-creepy PM

Spoiler

today or was it just me? Trying to figure out whether I should just laugh it off or whether it needs reporting :erm:

Spoiler

today or was it just me? Trying to figure out whether I should just laugh it off or whether it needs reporting :erm:

Id report it :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile
You always manage to put a positive spin on things Dukey :h:

Things will take a turn for the better Dukes I can feel it! How could they not for our resident rockstar? :teehee:

I'm not at the best phase of my life right now but I'm trying to make the little things count :redface: Hopefully going to play cricket, volleyball and go swimming next week :awesome:

How are things with you? :smile:

I try too!! Emphasise on try :colondollar:

I really flippin' hope so hahaaaa, seems like luck isn't on my side right now :lol: Got my rock music though I guess :rock:

Awwww Sassilicious I'm sorry to hear that :hugs: You'll turn it around because your sass levels are just too sky high :yep: Volleyball and swimming are just :love:

Things are going well, trying to support my friends in some hard times and coming to grips with the fact that some people are worth it and some aren't :tongue:
Reply 2558

Spoiler

TSR males:sigh: report it:yep:
Feelinf really dissociated atm and i cant ground myself

Feel really unsafe

Latest