The Student Room Group

Britain isn't eating

Not sure if anyone else has posted this video yet (it's only 7 minutes long so it won't take too much of your time). It is a short micro play.

[video="youtube;wgE6P2qmKtA"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgE6P2qmKtA&feature=shar e[/video]
It's basically about a politician who is completely out of touch with the reality of the lives of some of the poorest in Britain doing a "cooking segment" to show why the poorest shouldn't need to use food banks, and shows the attitude many who have never faced such hardship tend to have.

What was your take on this video?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by SophieSmall
Not sure if anyone else has posted this video yet (it's only 7 minutes long so it won't take too much of your time). It is a short micro play.

[video="youtube;wgE6P2qmKtA"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgE6P2qmKtA&feature=shar e[/video]
It's basically about a politician who is completely out of touch with the reality of the lives of some of the poorest in Britain doing a "cooking segment" to show why the poorest shouldn't need to use food banks, and shows the attitude many who have never faced such hardship tend to have.

That.....that was...kinda deep, borderline scary. She has a point, but no need to be get so mad and creepy about it. The cooking was soooo creepy, no sounds apart from her talking and the sound of tin opening and dripping soup :/
Wow. Top stuff. Really well made and hard hitting

Amazing what you can find by stalking people... that was hilarious. :biggrin:
Original post by The Socktor
Amazing what you can find by stalking people... that was hilarious. :biggrin:

...Pretty sure it wasn't supposed to be hilarious.
...Pretty sure it wasn't supposed to be hilarious.

Well, obviously it was sad aswell.
Original post by The Socktor
Well, obviously it was sad aswell.

eh, watching it again yeah there is a spot of dark humour
That was brilliant, thanks for posting it :smile: The disgusting thing is I've heard people spouting **** like her a few times in person now. I would love to see how long they would survive in a situation where there is no heating in the middle of December and they've got a tin of beans to last them a few days. They just have no idea.
It's preaching to the choir.
Original post by ChaoticButterfly

Whut?
Original post by CherryWine
That was brilliant, thanks for posting it :smile: The disgusting thing is I've heard people spouting **** like her a few times in person now. I would love to see how long they would survive in a situation where there is no heating in the middle of December and they've got a tin of beans to last them a few days. They just have no idea.

Aye, it's true the majority can at least always feed themselves (heating...not necessarily, we could never afford it anyway). But there are people who fall through the cracks or are treated unfairly by the system and end up having no choice but to use food banks.

You'd be surprised
Whut?

Preaching to the choir means you are trying to make believers out of people who already believe, or convince people who are already convinced. Like I don't need convincing since I already defend food banks users.

It is an actual phrase right? :erm:
Preaching to the choir means you are trying to make believers out of people who already believe, or convince people who are already convinced.

It is an actual phrase right? :erm:

Yeah it's an actual phrase, but I don't really think I am preaching to the choir. I have found that a lot of people on here seem to think a life on benefits is a life of luxury.
Yeah it's an actual phrase, but I don't really think I am preaching to the choir. I have found that a lot of people on here seem to think a life on benefits is a life of luxury.

Original post by CherryWine
You'd be surprised

I was talking about in relation to me. Since you asked 'What do you think?' I know there are lots of ******s our there like that stupid chef.
(edited 9 years ago)
I was talking about in relation to me. Since you asked 'What do you think?' I know there are lots of ******s our there like that stupid chef.

Oh aha, I thought you were referring to the forum. My bad.
Oh aha, I thought you were referring to the forum. My bad.

God no. Just wait until MatureStudent or Billydisco find this thread :ninja:
God no. Just wait until MatureStudent or Billydisco find this thread :ninja:

The pair of them are ignorant twirps, though considering just how ridiculous billydisco is I suspect he may be a troll.
The pair of them are ignorant twirps, though considering just how ridiculous billydisco is I suspect he may be a troll.

You'd think so. But I encounter people like that in real life and they seem sincere :s-smilie:

Having these 'crack downs' on poor people on benefits ect and food bank users wins votes.
(edited 9 years ago)
You'd think so. But I encounter people like that in real life and they seem sincere :s-smilie:

I've not encountered people that verbal about it in real life, but I have encountered a couple of people who in a moment of anger or having watched a programme which is made to basically piss people off (benefits Britain) chime in with something unsavoury and of sheer ignorance.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending