The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Aguero is the very last asset that City would get rid of. And he's proclaimed loyalty to them.

The only way they're selling him is if Real or Barca make a concerted effort in a few years time.
I'm out, all I'm going to say is, Wenger deserves better than the bull**** he gets on here. Truly think he is too good for this club and the fans are in for a rude awakening if he leaves sooner than expected. If you think United's crumble was bad, wait for the crumble we are in store for when the running of the club goes to **** for a few seasons because Gazidis and his monkeys don't know what the **** they are doing. Wenger is a lot more than just a football manager at this club.

He's a better man than me, if I knew half the *******s the fans say on social media after giving my life to the club, then I would have ****ed off to Bayern/Real/Barca a long time ago.
Original post by AR_95
Serious though if FFP really does hammer down on them?

Chelsea have Costa and Remy, would you really go for Aguero?
Liverpool could do with Aguero but I don't see them outbidding us
UTD need strikers though, and they'll probably pay 80m for him :lol:

That or he eventually goes to Madrid

We could offer £300m plus De Gea for Aguero and they wouldn't sell to us.
Why is Aguero being sold even being discussed? He's on a long term contract so city can do what they want tbh. Only team that will buy him/ is capable of buying him is Real.

Still, I'd probably take a bid of £10mil plus Jovetic for Walcott
Original post by Tom_Ford
I'm out, all I'm going to say is, Wenger deserves better than the bull**** he gets on here. Truly think he is too good for this club and the fans are in for a rude awakening if he leaves sooner than expected. If you think United's crumble was bad, wait for the crumble we are in store for when the running of the club goes to **** for a few seasons because Gazidis and his monkeys don't know what the **** they are doing. Wenger is a lot more than just a football manager at this club.

He's a better man than me, if I knew half the *******s the fans say on social media after giving my life to the club, then I would have ****ed off to Bayern/Real/Barca a long time ago.

Wenger IS the club. He has been for 20 years, you may as well rename your stadium the WengerDome because he's the only reason it exists. Him and SAF are the last of their kind, we will never see anyone else like them again.

There are numerous players in your squad who only joined purely because of Wenger, I remember when Ozil joined reading an article about how Wenger personally phoned him and spent hours talking to him, outlining his vision for Arsenal etc. A different manager coming in will be a huge culture shock, no matter how experienced he is.
Original post by The Shed End
Lacazette would be a typical Wenger signing tbh, maybe a bit too much like Giroud in that he's top scorer in France, but the guy is rapid.

Completely different player and situation to Giroud. The only similarity as you say is that they began their careers in France...suprising given they are french eh?

Giroud has turned out to be a decent acquisition but he was 25-26 (ie approaching peak) and scored 2 goals for every 3 games played. He's also a completely different player/build to Laca.

Laca is 21 (aka bare potential) and is scoring a goal a game. He has the potential to be different class to giroud (and I'm an Olivier fanboy). Really can't compare the 2...different players...different situations.

Pretty much like saying that Ribery is too similar to Obertan as they both started out in France
Original post by leinad2012
Why is Aguero being sold even being discussed? He's on a long term contract so city can do what they want tbh. Only team that will buy him/ is capable of buying him is Real.

Still, I'd probably take a bid of £10mil plus Jovetic for Walcott

Yh jovetic would be ace we could use him at cf and ox on the wings then.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Arsenal troll thr- ahem match thread is up:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3185883

Lol wenger has taken us as far as he can. No doubt he's been our greatest but nothing lasts forever. Also he can't go to another club because the power he has will be nowhere near to what he has with us.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Lol wenger has taken us as far as he can. No doubt he's been our greatest but nothing lasts forever. Also he can't go to another club because the power he has will be nowhere near to what he has with us.

Posted from TSR Mobile

He deserves one last big job away from here, like a Barca job if it goes tits up with Enrique.

His work here is done in all honesty. People will not really appreciate him till he is gone and I want him to have a happy end to his career by winning big ears somewhere else. He has earned that. I will smile for him if this happens and support whatever team he takes on. But the man is just too loyal for his own good imo.
(edited 9 years ago)

The crumble won't be as horrific as ours, purely cause we were champions when Sir Alex left. But I agree, your fans should be careful what they wish for. Unless you get an elite manager in, it's going to be tough when he leaves.

Original post by sr90
Him and SAF are the last of their kind, we will never see anyone else like them again.

Giggsy, as long as he gets his 4-4-2 in full working motion.
Imagine this in a decade or so:

Chelsea managed by Terry
Arsenal managed by Henry
United managed by Giggs
Liverpool managed by Gerrard

Would be epic to see but i still dont rate any of them to go on and be elite managers. Bar maybe Terry, who managed his team to a CL trophy (dont rate Di Mateo).

Posted from TSR Mobile
Personally, I want Wenger to go and manage France, you never know maybe he'll win the big one while he's at it.
Original post by Pete_91
Personally, I want Wenger to go and manage France, you never know maybe he'll win the big one while he's at it.

Doubt it, he'll start a midget over Pogba and Giroud over Benzema :biggrin:
Original post by Kenan and Kel
Doubt it, he'll start a midget over Pogba and Giroud over Benzema :biggrin:

He's also not really a cup manager. Tactical nous and all that...
Original post by ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Posted from TSR Mobile

The difference between Fergie and Wenger is clear, Fergie made some awful decisions towards the end in the hope of going out with a bang, it's quite clear that Wenger is trying to put the resources in place so that his successor is in the best position possible to succeed.

I certainly hope he gets another top job even for only one or 2 years because he deserves it tbh
Reply 3616
Original post by leinad2012
The difference between Fergie and Wenger is clear, Fergie made some awful decisions towards the end in the hope of going out with a bang, it's quite clear that Wenger is trying to put the resources in place so that his successor is in the best position possible to succeed.

I certainly hope he gets another top job even for only one or 2 years because he deserves it tbh

Fergie was the better manager for sure. He was bad at making signings though.
Original post by sr90
Wenger IS the club. He has been for 20 years, you may as well rename your stadium the WengerDome because he's the only reason it exists. Him and SAF are the last of their kind, we will never see anyone else like them again.

There are numerous players in your squad who only joined purely because of Wenger, I remember when Ozil joined reading an article about how Wenger personally phoned him and spent hours talking to him, outlining his vision for Arsenal etc. A different manager coming in will be a huge culture shock, no matter how experienced he is.

Well said. A lot of people don't seem to understand the effect a manager can have on a club.
Original post by samba
Fergie was the better manager for sure. He was bad at making signings though.

His signings towards the end were suspect, £15mil for Zaha, £25mil for RVP (sure he played a part in his first season but has been appalling since) inb4 RVP scores and celebrates and against us on Monday
Original post by WeOnlyLiveOnce
Imagine this in a decade or so:

Chelsea managed by Terry
Arsenal managed by Henry
United managed by Giggs
Liverpool managed by Gerrard

Would be epic to see but i still dont rate any of them to go on and be elite managers. Bar maybe Terry, who managed his team to a CL trophy (dont rate Di Mateo).

Posted from TSR Mobile

Tottenham managed by Defoe..... bruh

Latest