The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AR_95
Reserve reserved

yeah reserved
Original post by leinad2012
His signings towards the end were suspect, £15mil for Zaha, £25mil for RVP (sure he played a part in his first season but has been appalling since) inb4 RVP scores and celebrates and against us on Monday

Injured :biggrin:
Reply 3622
His signings towards the end were suspect, £15mil for Zaha, £25mil for RVP (sure he played a part in his first season but has been appalling since) inb4 RVP scores and celebrates and against us on Monday

Not just towards the end. He made so many bad signings all the way through.

I do think though that if you'd have given him any squad in the top6 or so, he'd have won the PL

The £24m was worth it purely for #20.

Our signings ever since 2008 have been absolutely terrible and a lot of that is down to him. Makes my blood boil seeing how much money & wages he pissed up the wall whilst completely neglecting key positions. United in Fergie's last few years was just a retirement home/old boys club and i'm glad Van Gaal is finally clearing out the trash.
Original post by AliRizzo

Blessing in disguise for them tbh :colonhash:
Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
Blessing in disguise for them tbh :colonhash:

I would agree to a certain extent but he always puts in 150% against us. Hasn't failed to score against us at OT so far too so to hell with him
Reservations for 1
Original post by jam277
Lol you and Kruz should meet up.

We probably inadvertently walked passed each other during the first Carnage in Liverpool lol

Original post by fallen_acorns
x

I'm getting the 17:22 train from Lime street, it's set to arrive at 18:09 in Manchester Pic.

Mate, keep on saving up for the house. It's all about short term suffering for long term gains. Sacrifice.
Original post by sevchenko
We probably inadvertently walked passed each other during the first Carnage in Liverpool lol

I'm getting the 17:22 train from Lime street, it's set to arrive at 18:09 in Manchester Pic.

Mate, keep on saving up for the house. It's all about short term suffering for long term gains. Sacrifice.

Looks like you'll be getting on one of the Thameslink cast-offs
Original post by samba
Not just towards the end. He made so many bad signings all the way through.

I do think though that if you'd have given him any squad in the top6 or so, he'd have won the PL

When you look at the players he had, it's quite amazing how easily they walked the league in 2013, that team had a fair few weak areas iirc. Completely agree, you could give him ****ing Aston Villa and he'd probably get them CL football within a season or two
Original post by sr90
The £24m was worth it purely for #20.

Our signings ever since 2008 have been absolutely terrible and a lot of that is down to him. Makes my blood boil seeing how much money & wages he pissed up the wall whilst completely neglecting key positions. United in Fergie's last few years was just a retirement home/old boys club and i'm glad Van Gaal is finally clearing out the trash.

Nah, you probably would have won it without him tbh, Fergie was such a snake, wasn't there an RVP interview a few weeks/months back where he said that Fergie had promised to stay for 3 seasons when he joined. Worst off is Zaha, probably thought he was going to be Fergie's star man only for him to leave before he'd even played a game for you.

LVG may be clearing out the trash but a lot of what he has bought hasn't been spectacular. Players like Nani make me laugh "one man's trash is another man's come up"
Original post by shawn_o1
Looks like you'll be getting on one of the Thameslink cast-offs

Yeah the TransPennine Express trains carriages are kinda grim. You can say goodbye to whatever you had on a table unless it's nailed down when the train turns slightly
Fergie was a ridiculously overrated manager. He just made some good signings before Chelsea & Man City got rich that's all.
Original post by AliRizzo

Wilson starting up front them or Fellaini? :biggrin:
Wilson starting up front them or Fellaini? :biggrin:

Wilson would be a great option for this game but unfortunately I doubt he'll start unless we play 352. We'll either play that or a 433 with Rooney as the lone striker. Most likely lineup i'd say is this:

De Gea, Valencia, Smalling, Rojo, Shaw, Blind, Carrick, Herrera, Di Maria, Young, Rooney
Original post by sr90
Wilson would be a great option for this game but unfortunately I doubt he'll start unless we play 352. We'll either play that or a 433 with Rooney as the lone striker. Most likely lineup i'd say is this:

De Gea, Valencia, Smalling, Rojo, Shaw, Blind, Carrick, Herrera, Di Maria, Young, Rooney

I think that's the most sensible line-up but knowing LVG he won't do sensible, feel like Fellaini should be starting,he's been good in the cup so far
I think that's the most sensible line-up but knowing LVG he won't do sensible, feel like Fellaini should be starting,he's been good in the cup so far

Our play has been far too slow and lethargic this season and a Blind, Carrick, Fellaini midfield wouldn't help with that.

Then again it's Van Gaal so maybe we'll see Blackett at CB and Mata at CM...
Original post by sr90

No way Fellaini isn't starting. He's one of the dead certs. Blind and Carrick will also never play in midfield together.
Did not know Ivan Gazidis starred in Fever Pitch with Colin Firth... :lol: That was a much simpler time, nostalgia is strong.

(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by sr90
Our play has been far too slow and lethargic this season and a Blind, Carrick, Fellaini midfield wouldn't help with that.

Then again it's Van Gaal so maybe we'll see Blackett at CB and Mata at CM...

Playing players in their natural positions? Please, Mata on LW and Blackettbaur as CDM is LVG style

Latest