The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 5n(12-2n)
Guys i have a question

Are muslim brothers allowed to have girlfriend?

nah, defo not permissible

if that was the case, I'd have had some by now :daydreaming:
Original post by soulja of allah
nah, defo not permissible

if that was the case, I'd have had some by now :daydreaming:

ok :frown:

Lol i know right :cool:
Guys i have a question

Are muslim brothers allowed to have girlfriend?

Are you a troll?
ok :frown:

Lol i know right :cool:

we only have to wait like... 10 more years to get a girlfriend (a.k.a.wife)

who knows if we'll even be alive by then

until then, we will never know what it's like to have one
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by binarythoughts
Are you a troll?

It is often hard to discern who is and isn't a troll on TSR.
Original post by tsruser3
Salaam,

Love your posts. Please keep your blog updated with more posts insha Allah.

Would it be ok if I used your work? I may do a local magazine or something along those lines to raise awareness of the claims which are being made against the Quran. The work you are doing is priceless alhamdulillah.

Wa 'alaikumasalam,

Yeah use anything. :smile:
Original post by binarythoughts
Are you a troll?

Nope

we only have to wait like... 10 more years to get a girlfriend (a.k.a.wife)

who knows if we'll even be alive by then

until then, we will never know what it's like to have one

agree
Original post by The Epicurean
Where does atheism fit into that? :tongue:

Deen refers to your religion, belief, your way of life etc
Narrated AbudDarda':

The Prophet (ﷺ) said: There is nothing heavier than good character put in the scale of a believer on the Day of Resurrection.

Grade: Sahih (Al-Albani)
Sunan Abi Dawud 4799
Abd Allah b. Mughaffal reported the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) as saying:

Allah is gentle, likes gentleness, and gives for gentleness what he does not give for harshness.

Sunan Abi Dawud 4807
Narrated Jabir ibn Abdullah:

The Prophet (ﷺ) said: If someone is given something, he should give a return for it provided he can afford; if he cannot afford, he should praise him. He who praises him for it, thanks him, and he who conceals it is ungrateful to him.

Grade: Hasan (Al-Albani)
Sunan Abi Dawud 4813
Narrated Anas ibn Malik:

The Prophet (ﷺ) said: A believer who recites the Qur'an is like a citron whose fragrance is sweet and whose taste is sweet, a believer who does not recite the Qur'an is like a date which has no fragrance but has sweet taste, a profligate who recites the Qur'an is like basil whose fragrance is sweet but whose taste is bitter, and the profligate who does not recite the Qur'an is like the colocynth which has a bitter taste and has not fragrance. A good companion is like a man who has musk; if nothing of it goes to you, its fragrance will (certainly) go to you; and a bad companion is like a man who has bellows; if its (black) root does not go to you, its smoke will (certainly) go to you.

Sunan Abi Dawud 4829

Spoiler

Advice everyone to take a gander.

Spoiler

http://www.onereason.org/the-quran/the-quran-and-science/
Wasn't aware of the following hadith. Even greater incentive to suppress anger :colondollar::tongue:

Narrated Mu'adh ibn Jabal:

The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said: If anyone suppresses anger when he is in a position to give vent to it, Allah, the Exalted, will call him on the Day of Resurrection over the heads of all creatures, and ask him to choose any of the bright and large eyed maidens he wishes.
Abu Dawud said: The name of the transmitter Abu Marhum is 'Abd al-Rahman b. Maimun

Grade: Hasan (Al-Albani)
Sunan Abi Dawud 4777

Imam Bukhari (rahimahullah) recorded the following:

لِقَوْلِ اللَّهِ تَعَالَى: {وَالَّذِينَ يَجْتَنِبُونَ كَبَائِرَ الإِثْمِ وَالْفَوَاحِشَ وَإِذَا مَا غَضِبُوا هُمْ يَغْفِرُونَ}، {الَّذِينَ يُنْفِقُونَ فِي السَّرَّاءِ وَالضَّرَّاءِ وَالْكَاظِمِينَ الْغَيْظَ وَالْعَافِينَ عَنِ النَّاسِ وَاللَّهُ يُحِبُّ الْمُحْسِنِينَ}.
Allah, most high, said (in the Quran): {And those who avoid the major sins and immoralities, and when they are angry, they forgive}, {Who spend [in the cause of Allah ] during ease and hardship and who restrain anger and who pardon the people - and Allah loves the doers of good}

حَدَّثَنَا عَبْدُ اللَّهِ بْنُ يُوسُفَ، أَخْبَرَنَا مَالِكٌ، عَنِ ابْنِ شِهَابٍ، عَنْ سَعِيدِ بْنِ الْمُسَيَّبِ، عَنْ أَبِي هُرَيْرَةَ ـ رضى الله عنه ـ أَنَّ رَسُولَ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم قَالَ "‏ لَيْسَ الشَّدِيدُ بِالصُّرَعَةِ، إِنَّمَا الشَّدِيدُ الَّذِي يَمْلِكُ نَفْسَهُ عِنْدَ الْغَضَبِ ‏"‏‏.‏
Narrated Abu Huraira (may Allah be pleased with him):
Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) said, "The strong is not the one who overcomes the people by his strength, but the strong is the one who controls himself while in anger."
[video="youtube;J_zveN47F-I"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_zveN47F-I[/video]
Moving^
Has anyone read al-fawz al-kabeer fee usool at-tafseer (by Shah Waliullah, rahimahullah)?
Original post by ash92:)
Has anyone read al-fawz al-kabeer fee usool at-tafseer (by Shah Waliullah, rahimahullah)?

Nope. Might have to pick it up in the future though.

http://idci.co.uk/Al-Fawz-al-Kabir-fi-Usul-at-Tafsir---The-Great-Victory-on-Quranic-Hermeneutics-3506-d

Yeh, I was just looking at that. I wonder if IF has read it:

Ibn Fulaan
x
Original post by ash92:)
Yeh, I was just looking at that. I wonder if IF has read it:

I haven't. I don't plan to read any of Shah Waliullah's books in English. The shaykh is a Legend subhanAllah.

I'd really love to study his Hujjatul Baaligha

Latest

Trending

Trending