The Student Room Group

4th as level and a level reform

I am currently studying 3 as levels and want to do computer science at UCL. So I thought I could just pick up an as level with my 3 A2s but the law changed so I cannot do as because all a levels are linear so I don't know what to do...
Entry requirements for UCL are A*AA with a pass in a fourth as.
(edited 9 years ago)
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific Study Help forum should help get responses. :redface:

I'm going to quote in Puddles the Monkey now so she can move your thread to the right place if it's needed. :h: :yy:

Spoiler

Reply 2
Original post by shagonprime
I am currently studying 3 as levels and want to do computer science at UCL. So I thought I could just pick up an as level with my 3 A2s but the law changed so I cannot do as because all a levels are linear so I don't know what to do...

The 'law' has not changed. If your school allows you, you can still pick up an AS in Year 13.

I think you have said it all.
Reply 4
Original post by Compost
The 'law' has not changed. If your school allows you, you can still pick up an AS in Year 13.

So I'm fine then?
Reply 5

the specification for maths is not changing until 2017.
(you can still do an AS)
Reply 6
Original post by TeeEm
the specification for maths is not changing until 2017.
(you can still do an AS)

I'm alreading doing maths
AS levels still exist, they will just no longer form half of an A-level as before.
Reply 8
So I'm fine then?

Yes. Not all subjects are changing this Autumn (e.g. maths isn't) but that's irrelevant. AS levels will still exist and you can still do one alongside A2s.

Quick Reply