The Student Room Group

The Football League thread II

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ..DT..
Bottom 3 all losing is nice relief. How derby drew today is beyond me. Forest are on some run right now. Watch them miss the playoffs and then druggie freedman get them relegated next year.

Knew the odds weren't good for us going in. We could have got something though if we'd tried harder. Need to fix our striking issues, just off the pace a little ATM. But so are all the other teams around us it seems, everyone has had a slip up at some point, it was us and Derby today.

That table is so tight though how often has that happened?
Why the **** is the Football League Show always on so late goddamn it.
Original post by Mackay
Why the **** is the Football League Show always on so late goddamn it.

I can't believe they bothered putting a MOTD on for 1 game, and I would've thought the FA Cup show could have waited until tomorrow night or even Monday night.

Usually in the Championship there's 1 run away team that wraps up the league, but the run-in is so tight this year. Hoping Bournemouth go up. Rotherham also got a valuable win which drags Fulham down to 21st & closer to the relegation dogfight.
Original post by TornadoGR4
I can't believe they bothered putting a MOTD on for 1 game, and I would've thought the FA Cup show could have waited until tomorrow night or even Monday night.

Half a ****ing hour long too.
Lee Clarke admits defeat with Blackpool 17pts away from safety & has said he "wants the season to be over now so he can begin the overhaul of the club." He's already been assured he'll be in charge for the 2015/2016 seasons.
Lee Clarke admits defeat with Blackpool 17pts away from safety & has said he "wants the season to be over now so he can begin the overhaul of the club." He's already been assured he'll be in charge for the 2015/2016 seasons.

Consecutive relegations for them if he stays in charge.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Glad they are going down
Blackpool going down is probably the most Predictable thing to have happened in the footballing world over the last year.
Best thing Blackpool can do is give Clarke the backing to rebuild the structure of the club. Give him three years in the job. Going down to the third tier has given life to teams like Southampton, Leicester and Wolves.
Original post by Mackay
Best thing Blackpool can do is give Clarke the backing to rebuild the structure of the club. Give him three years in the job. Going down to the third tier has given life to teams like Southampton, Leicester and Wolves.

This is Lee Clark your talking about the worst tactician in the game... on par with ince
Original post by Mackay

I direct you to my club and Sheffield United. All of those clubs were allowed to spend big, Blackpool won't.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I think Lee Clark will do well in League One
Original post by DarrenBCFC
This is Lee Clark your talking about the worst tactician in the game... on par with ince

You don't need to be a good tactician to get out of League One. You just need to not be as **** as everybody else.
Original post by Midlander
I direct you to my club and Sheffield United. All of those clubs were allowed to spend big, Blackpool won't.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Tbf I think Blackpool fans would bite your hands off if you offered them a decent cup run like the Blades'.
Original post by Mackay
Tbf I think Blackpool fans would bite your hands off if you offered them a decent cup run like the Blades'.

I think the Blades fans would trade that for being promoted but I could be wrong. Yes you have the stories of Leicester/Saints/Norwich/Wolves bouncing back but they all had money to burn (Saints spent £3m in one summer I believe?) and the Oystons will not sanction it because they want the club to be sustainable. I think they will do more like us, although maybe not quite as hopeless.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by shawn_o1
I think Lee Clark will do well in League One

By Playing RB'S in CM positions
By Playing LB'S in CB positions
And leaving your best striker on the Bench

Of course he will do absolute fantastic, won't lose a game.
Gestede is a handful.
Only just got back on here, but what the fiddle is it about all the dodgy refs coming to the Mol this season! Sako should have had his red card rescinded before the match had even finished it was that bad play acting from Forrestieri.

In terms of the match we could have won, but they could have scored as well late on so we'll take the point and the draw between Ips and Brentford. Realistically it's between us 3 for 6th, but then again when has anything gone to plan in the Champ - that's why we all love it!
Original post by hskjlclcn
Only just got back on here, but what the fiddle is it about all the dodgy refs coming to the Mol this season! Sako should have had his red card rescinded before the match had even finished it was that bad play acting from Forrestieri.

In terms of the match we could have won, but they could have scored as well late on so we'll take the point and the draw between Ips and Brentford. Realistically it's between us 3 for 6th, but then again when has anything gone to plan in the Champ - that's why we all love it!

Embarrassing. Sako's card should (or has?) be rescinded, and Forrestieri should serve a ban for simulation & cheating. The club should also take some form of internal disciplinary action.
Embarrassing. Sako's card should (or has?) be rescinded, and Forrestieri should serve a ban for simulation & cheating. The club should also take some form of internal disciplinary action.

Yeah, I can't imagine there'll be any slowness in the appeal being accepted and overturned. Not sure what Watford can really do, any champ club would rather play against him than there other 3 forwards anyway.

Good win for your lot at the weekend as well, Mowatt is a beast!

Quick Reply

Latest