The Student Room Group
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website

Reading Accommodation Applicants 2015/16

Thought I would make a thread as application open on Feb 10th for unconditional offer holders!

I am looking at Greenow+McCombie as my top choice, but I like the look of Bridges! .. is anyone else deciding? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm a conditional offer holder so applications don't open for me until 26th March but I'm pretty sure I'll be applying for a premium room with shared bathroom in Bridges hall. We were taken on a tour round Bridges on the visit day in February and I fell in love with it!

If any UoR ambassadors or students see this I was wondering what happens when we order stuff online? Is it delivered to a central address where we collect it from or does it come to the building? Or even to our door?
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website
Original post by jake-weaver
I'm a conditional offer holder so applications don't open for me until 26th March but I'm pretty sure I'll be applying for a premium room with shared bathroom in Bridges hall. We were taken on a tour round Bridges on the visit day in February and I fell in love with it!

If any UoR ambassadors or students see this I was wondering what happens when we order stuff online? Is it delivered to a central address where we collect it from or does it come to the building? Or even to our door?

Hello!

All post and parcels get sent to the post office which is just by Bridges Hall reception-just on your doorstep! Post is accessible by a box for each flat and if you get a parcel then you'll receive a slip in the box so you can collect it. You'll receive details of your address when you move in.

Feel free to ask any more questions!
Pip, third year English Literature and History of Art :smile:
Original post by UniofReading
Hello!

All post and parcels get sent to the post office which is just by Bridges Hall reception-just on your doorstep! Post is accessible by a box for each flat and if you get a parcel then you'll receive a slip in the box so you can collect it. You'll receive details of your address when you move in.

Feel free to ask any more questions!
Pip, third year English Literature and History of Art :smile:

Brill thank you- I order so much junk from ebay. This thought occurred to me as i was clicking 'checkout' on an industrial bag of dried edible rose petals :laugh:
Original post by beingawallflower
Thought I would make a thread as application open on Feb 10th for unconditional offer holders!

I am looking at Greenow+McCombie as my top choice, but I like the look of Bridges! .. is anyone else deciding? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Did you visit the uni? I cant visit it until like June so wont be able to look round any of them :/ rough summary of each of them? Currently looking at Wessex or St. George's as they're both cheap :u:

Also, great dp, Chuck is so good
Original post by aidangarrett12
Did you visit the uni? I cant visit it until like June so wont be able to look round any of them :/ rough summary of each of them? Currently looking at Wessex or St. George's as they're both cheap :u:

Also, great dp, Chuck is so good

I visited the uni which was amazing but didn't see any accommodation actually - I have just read the info online and got a place in McCombie house the other week :smile: St George was my third choice - looks good :smile:

Chuck is the bee's knees xD

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hello Everybody!

If you haven't joined already, heres the link to this years Facebook group!

facebook.com/groups/766159836807760/?fref=ts
I've got a place in McCombie. I wanted to be near Henley Business School as most of my lectures would be there (I'm doing Accounting and Finance)
Original post by Kitty1996
I've got a place in McCombie. I wanted to be near Henley Business School as most of my lectures would be there (I'm doing Accounting and Finance)

I'm in McCombie too ^.^

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by beingawallflower
I'm in McCombie too ^.^

Posted from TSR Mobile

Cool, we may be flat mates :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending