The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by JustaDreamer
Optometry (optician degree). Yeah, can't wait to go there! Omg I know the pain I forgot tissues once and I just-:rip:

Oooh I remember now

Awesome!you'll love it here

Apparently you can get like 1% extra for it lol
Original post by pryngles
I JUST GOT AN OFFER OR REJECTION EMAIL BUT BECAUSE UCAS IS DOWN I HAVE TO WAIT UNTIL MONDAY THIS IS HELL :frown: apapapiwjepfla alckenspabxkspemflalabckfnaiallcbdoalabxbcocoeuhwosjdvoenaoancifos

Gah, you could try checking your individual uni trackers if they have it. Or normally they send an email themselves too

Gl
I JUST GOT AN OFFER OR REJECTION EMAIL BUT BECAUSE UCAS IS DOWN I HAVE TO WAIT UNTIL MONDAY THIS IS HELL :frown: apapapiwjepfla alckenspabxkspemflalabckfnaiallcbdoalabxbcocoeuhwosjdvoenaoancifos

Good luck!!
I've finally firmed Nottingham and insured Reading - I'm actually going to uni, how terrifying.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Going to Manchester today to look at the accommodation..... **** weather for it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by rachelc142
Going to Manchester today to look at the accommodation..... **** weather for it

Posted from TSR Mobile

You'll have to get used to **** weather if you're going to Manchester:tongue:
Original post by Red Fox

I know :'(

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Red Fox

Have you got an offer holder day for Bath?
Original post by Bude8
Have you got an offer holder day for Bath?

Nah but I went to visit recently, I liked the town and the campus was nice but I'm not sure on whether I want to go to a campus uni.
Original post by Red Fox
Nah but I went to visit recently, I liked the town and the campus was nice but I'm not sure on whether I want to go to a campus uni.

up to you, it's really convenient how you can do pretty much everything on campus but after 1st year accommodation's in town so...
Original post by Bude8
up to you, it's really convenient how you can do pretty much everything on campus but after 1st year accommodation's in town so...

Have you worked out all your finances and stuff because Bath is fairly expensive.
Original post by Red Fox
Have you worked out all your finances and stuff because Bath is fairly expensive.

Working out a budget and finances is such a pain..
Original post by binarythoughts
Working out a budget and finances is such a pain..

I cba for it all but I suppose it's something I'll have to do eventually.
Original post by Red Fox

Not yet, I can't even apply for a loan yet because I don't have an NI number... Yeah it does seem fairly expensive to some other places, but there's not much I can do in my case :lol: Anyhow, I don't think paying off loans will be a problem for engineers...

I think Prince mentioned his accommodation at Notts is £200/week though?!
(edited 9 years ago)
I have a question...

With Santander, you need to have an unconditional or in first year to be able to create a student account.

So could I do student finance, link it to my current bank account. Then make a student account with Santander after results day, and change student finance to that new account?
Original post by L'Evil Fish
I have a question...

With Santander, you need to have an unconditional or in first year to be able to create a student account.

So could I do student finance, link it to my current bank account. Then make a student account with Santander after results day, and change student finance to that new account?

I'm pretty sure you can change what bank account your SF money goes into at any point so that should work!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Princepieman
See you in September!!

I'm going with Nottingham as my firm choice and unconditional at Reading as my insurance.

Posted from TSR Mobile

See you there! What are you studying?

That IS hell, hang in there friend!!
Original post by rachelc142
I'm pretty sure you can change what bank account your SF money goes into at any point so that should work!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I hope, is it the right bank to choose hmm :lol:
Original post by L'Evil Fish
I hope, is it the right bank to choose hmm :lol:

How long does this whole student finance thing take ?

So not bothered now
Original post by blamethenargles
See you there! What are you studying?

Posted from TSR Mobile

MSci Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence with a year abroad. :smile:
Original post by Bude8
Not yet, I can't even apply for a loan yet because I don't have an NI number... Yeah it does seem fairly expensive to some other places, but there's not much I can do in my case :lol: Anyhow, I don't think paying off loans will be a problem for engineers...

I think Prince mentioned his accommodation at Notts is £200/week though?!

I'm not worried about paying the loans off after but more about actually having enough money to enjoy my time at uni.

Latest