The Student Room Group

Official Vacation Scheme Thread 2015!!!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4240
Original post by isrox08
Penningtons Manches and Taylor Vinters interviews. Any tips/hints anybody please? These will be my first ever vac scheme interviews!

for penningtons manches its just an assessment centre (no interview) isnt it?
Original post by almvp

I have no idea! They said they will give us more information closer to the time, so fingers crossed they give us a detailed breakdown.
Original post by t1m1m1
has anyone who had their AC with HSF this week heard back yet?

Nope! Do you know how long they usually take to respond post-AC?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4243
Original post by isrox08
I have no idea! They said they will give us more information closer to the time, so fingers crossed they give us a detailed breakdown.

Yes hopefully! I think i read online that its just assessment day activities for vac scheme and then interview for TC if successful on vac scheme. we will soon find out!
Original post by almvp
Yes hopefully! I think i read online that its just assessment day activities for vac scheme and then interview for TC if successful on vac scheme. we will soon find out!

I read the same :smile: I'm sure I read somewhere that it's just a mix of written and verbal tasks - I assume there will be a group activity in there somewhere? Which office is yours at?(if I haven't already asked :tongue: )
Original post by sparkykate
Ah congrats - good luck! It was my first face to face interview so I was really nervous! They're really nice though and try to ease you into it. There were trainees there too to chill people out beforehand! I'm not sure how it went, I'm mixed about it really... As long as you do a bit of prep you'll be fine! :smile:

Which office have you applied to?

Hey!

The Birmingham office, yourself?

Yes it'll be my first too I'm terrified but also excited!
Original post by sparkykate
I have! Eagerly waiting to hear back... Apparently we'll hear back within two weeks :smile:

hope you hear good news!

If you dont mind me asking, what sort of questions did they ask? I have one this week
Reply 4247
Original post by IValkov
Congratz! May I ask when was your interview?

Cheers! My interview was on the 19th of Feb.
Reply 4248
Original post by leicester52
Hey when did you have your interview at RPC?

19th of Feb!
Reply 4249
Original post by TrainingChopeful
I read the same :smile: I'm sure I read somewhere that it's just a mix of written and verbal tasks - I assume there will be a group activity in there somewhere? Which office is yours at?(if I haven't already asked :tongue: )

Yes I have read the same and there usually is a group exercise from my experience. I've applied to reading/basingstoke and its at the end of this month. you?
Has anyone heard from Bates Wells Braithwaite? Thanks!
Reply 4251
Original post by Defragmentation
Nope! Do you know how long they usually take to respond post-AC?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not sure. They said a couple of days???
Do you mind me asking what day you did yours?
Original post by Chrisjones123
Hey!

The Birmingham office, yourself?

Yes it'll be my first too I'm terrified but also excited!

The Leeds office :smile: Honestly, it really isn't as bad as you think it's going to be - mine was fairly informal and more just that they wanted to get to know you :smile: Let me know how it goes - when is it? :smile:
Original post by Hazza77
hope you hear good news!

If you dont mind me asking, what sort of questions did they ask? I have one this week

It was mainly competency and CV based, I can't really remember specific questions but more 'tell me about a time when...' etc. Honestly it's not that bad, don't worry! Which office have you applied to? :smile:
Reply 4254
I've spoken to a person in SPB's HR department and she informed me that their shortlist has been finalised quite some time now. However, they haven't sent out the rejections, just in case someone is not as good in person as they appear on paper....
Hey does anyone know what percentage of TC intake comes from Vac schemes for firms like Clifford/ Allen Overy and Linklaters?
Does anybody know what salary Freshfields pay for their summer vacation schemes? I can't seem to find any up to date information on it.

Just want to make sure before I book any accommodation for the summer!

Thanks.
Does anyone know if SPB do any critical analysis test on their AC? Like Watson Glaser?
Original post by almvp

Original post by isrox08

Can I ask when you both applied? I still haven't heard back from them.
When did they offer you interview if you dont mind me askin?
Reply 4259
Original post by cutegirl15
Can I ask when you both applied? I still haven't heard back from them.
When did they offer you interview if you dont mind me askin?

I sent my application 16th feb and was invited to AC 3rd march

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending