The Student Room Group

St George's Medicine Applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jaska
I tried calling them before and they never picked up, try emailing - they are really efficient when it comes to that. Btw I already have an offer from my first choice, thats why im not that bothered if i get the references in, you may wanna double check with them if they actually will withdraw offers.

which email address did you email?
Original post by hukdealz
which email address did you email?

reply to the email address that sent the offer.
Any waiting list applicants here?
(edited 9 years ago)
Just withdrew my application ! Good luck guys

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ashkun
Just withdrew my application ! Good luck guys

Posted from TSR Mobile

Post interview?

Any info on waiting list protocols?
Original post by slsgt3
Post interview?

Any info on waiting list protocols?

Pre interview , so not sure on the waiting list stuff :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does anyone know how the waiting list operates?

and what percentage of waiting list candidates end up getting offers?
Original post by slsgt3

Well offers are being withdrawn from people who don't give in their references on time, so they may be given to those on the waiting list.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by slsgt3

A lot of people get offers
Last year about 500 interviews with 302ish offers

This 60% is higher than the average 50% most medical schools do (a bit obvious )
Original post by ryanb97
A lot of people get offers
Last year about 500 interviews with 302ish offers

This 60% is higher than the average 50% most medical schools do (a bit obvious )

I was talking about the post interview waiting list that St Georges operate.
Hey guys so i have an interview in April and I'm really worried if this means that i am less likely of being an offer as allot of offers have already seem to be made. Even if I was put on the waiting list id have no chance of getting an offer :frown: judging by last years thread and the year before I haven't really seen anyone with an offer after being interviewed in April :/ does anyone know how this works? like how St Georges sets the numbers of offers it gives? surely earlier interviews have a greater chance as there are more offers available?
Original post by chrissy96x
Hey guys so i have an interview in April and I'm really worried if this means that i am less likely of being an offer as allot of offers have already seem to be made. Even if I was put on the waiting list id have no chance of getting an offer :frown: judging by last years thread and the year before I haven't really seen anyone with an offer after being interviewed in April :/ does anyone know how this works? like how St Georges sets the numbers of offers it gives? surely earlier interviews have a greater chance as there are more offers available?

I don't think there is much point in worrying and if you had "no chance" of getting an offer the interview would be a pointless process - same goes for the waiting list.

They most likely give offers to those who score over the threshold interview score comparing it to the cut-off last year and then those who are near the cut-off - either slightly below or above are placed on the waiting list to see the average performance of the applicants this cycle. I don't have any stats or evidence to back this up but it's just my guess.
Original post by chrissy96x

My interview's also not until April :smile: When abouts in April is yours?
And I think offers are based mainly on interview score so even though we're late in the process, if we ended up with an amazing score surely they couldn't reject us. Well... hopefully anyways.
SGUL give out a ridiculous amount of offers compared to places, because many people opt to go to one of their other choices (if they have any other offers)
SGUL give out a ridiculous amount of offers compared to places, because many people opt to go to one of their other choices (if they have any other offers)

Not ridiculous ... Bham give out about 65% of interviewed applicants offers... And UCL/Imperial also give out 60%+.. I think barts and manchester are close to 60% as well. (These are for 2014 entry ... of the top of my head)

SGUL isn't the only one in the 60% mark

But most Unis are around the 50% mark

A couple years ago SG was on the 45% mark
Hey guys theres a group on FB set up for all of us! Thought I'd share the link...

https://www.facebook.com/groups/921433177869234/
Original post by ryanb97
Not ridiculous ... Bham give out about 65% of interviewed applicants offers... And UCL/Imperial also give out 60%+.. I think barts and manchester are close to 60% as well. (These are for 2014 entry ... of the top of my head)

SGUL isn't the only one in the 60% mark

But most Unis are around the 50% mark

A couple years ago SG was on the 45% mark

I honestly think the 'waiting list' system is to bodge the stats. Including the waiting list, I wouldn't be surprised if it was around the 75-80% mark
I honestly think the 'waiting list' system is to bodge the stats. Including the waiting list, I wouldn't be surprised if it was around the 75-80% mark

But http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/Medical_School_Competition_Ratios shows (well for 2013 entry anyway) that SG has the lowest offer to interview ratio along with Oxford?
Original post by popolo
But http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/Medical_School_Competition_Ratios shows (well for 2013 entry anyway) that SG has the lowest offer to interview ratio along with Oxford?

I don't really know, my claims aren't at all backed up by evidence.

But the feeling I get is that a lot of people get offers from SGUL and its probably the least competitive med school (they gave me an offer, so that must be true!)
Original post by popolo

also, just to add to that, I remember the admissions lady saying that they give out ~500 offers, not the 180 listed on that page? Huge disparity between these numbers, I'm not sure where TSR has got that figure from.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending