The Student Room Group

Resitting A-LEVEL during first year of uni

I'm asking for a friend; he isn't intending on changing universities, but the a-level's he currently has can impact future jobs/prospects. Is it possible to resit a few modules of a-levels during your first year of university, and if so, how do you go about it?
Reply 1
Original post by ssraiise
I'm asking for a friend; he isn't intending on changing universities, but the a-level's he currently has can impact future jobs/prospects. Is it possible to resit a few modules of a-levels during your first year of university, and if so, how do you go about it?

You can, but he needs to make sure that the exam dates don't clash with university exams. The main entry deadline for A level entries has passed for this summer but he can still enter at double fees. He needs to find an exam centre (=any secondary school or college) willing to accept him as a private candidate. The simplest option is his old school.
You can I did it, mostly because of the same reason and I actually intended to change course after the first year. As the previous post states, he should make sure that university and a level exam dates do not interfere. And if he has two mind about the issue, he should go ahead and the alevel exams in the first year, rather than later years, at least the marks in first year do not count to his final university degree.

Quick Reply

Latest