Six months until we start, incredibly impatient already

where are you going to be living?
Dental Students, University of Central Lancashire
University of Central Lancashire
Preston
Visit website
Original post by sophiemf
where are you going to be living?

I m actually already at UCLAN/Preston(just finishing off my foundation degree) , I live with my boyfriend near the city centre:smile:

I did live in halls for my first year in preston though, so know a bit about them:P Where are you thinking of living?:smile:
i have just sorted my room for sanctuary living? seems nice i guess am from liverpool i don't have a clue tbh
i have just sorted my room for sanctuary living? seems nice i guess am from liverpool i don't have a clue tbh

Moor lane or walker street?:smile: I lived in moor lane for a few months.

Prestons pretty small compared to liverpool but you can walk to most places from campus so its alright:smile:
moor lane:smile: did you like it?
moor lane:smile: did you like it?

Apart from being in the block with no lift,I did like living there, especially being able to leave 10 minutes before a lecture and still make it on time :smile:
i think my block has a lift like haha when i went to visit it did haha! An oh good ahha!
Hi, Im looking into apply for Adult Nursing in September.
Im just finishing a foundation degree at the moment. I read online that the last date for applications is 24th of March! I just realised you all have applied wayyyyyy earlier, I hope all the places aren't taken already!
Original post by JasmineLeigha6
Hi, Im looking into apply for Adult Nursing in September.
Im just finishing a foundation degree at the moment. I read online that the last date for applications is 24th of March! I just realised you all have applied wayyyyyy earlier, I hope all the places aren't taken already!

The last date was january unless you applied internally
Original post by claireestelle
The last date was january unless you applied internally

oh your joking! 2016 it is then xD
oh your joking! 2016 it is then xD

You could apply late if you wanted to try to march 2016
i didn't realise they had a march intake thanks! I googled UCAS application deadline and it says 24th of March 2015 for all applications including reference. Maybe this course is one of the few that is listed with a 15th of January deadline :/

Yeah, most universities have two intakes a year of nursing. The UCAS wording is a bit confusing, every course is january except art drama courses which are in march or any applications through extra or clearing
Original post by claireestelle
Yeah, most universities have two intakes a year of nursing. The UCAS wording is a bit confusing, every course is january except art drama courses which are in march or any applications through extra or clearing

Thank you both! I think I might apply for March and hope for the best. Will give me a little break and able to get some more experience :smile: Good luck for September girls!
Hi everyone, I've just accepted my place for Adult nursing starting in September 2015. I was wondering will anyone else on here be living away from home in student accommodation within Preston? x
Original post by laurendaurge
Hi everyone, I've just accepted my place for Adult nursing starting in September 2015. I was wondering will anyone else on here be living away from home in student accommodation within Preston? x

Hi , I ve already lived in preston as a student for two years and live in private accommodation off campus now but if you wanted to know anything about accommodation I might be able to help :smile:
Hey Guys! There's a group on FB for everyone hoping to start at UCLAN in 2015!

Here's the link:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1403791876594392/
Original post by EmmaLiu342
Hey Guys! There's a group on FB for everyone hoping to start at UCLAN in 2015!

Here's the link:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1403791876594392/

Theres an official nursing group and uclan halls group that I think they start around may, the rest of the groups tend to be club promoting ones
Aw right, when it comes to applying for my accommodation I'll sure be asking you some questions! Thanks :smile:
Reply 238
Hi,
I have my interview for adult nursing on Thursday and am nervous about the maths test. Are the conversion values on the paper or do I have to know them? Also, does anyone know how many you need to get correct to pass?
Reply 239
Original post by l113
Hi,
I have my interview for adult nursing on Thursday and am nervous about the maths test. Are the conversion values on the paper or do I have to know them? Also, does anyone know how many you need to get correct to pass?

The conversions I had on my test were along the lines of millilitres to litres or millimeters to centimeters and things like that, stuff that everybody knows. Are they the ones you're asking about? You literally get no help with it, just the questions and thats it. No hints, its definitely GCSE standard and quite a few of the questions are easy enough to do in your head. Have you done some practise papers? Quite a few uni's have practise nursing entrance maths tests on their websites. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending