The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVI

Scroll to see replies

I'm on a hot tub holiday with my friends and I feel a bit dreadful this morning.

They had some sort of argument last night after I went to bed and that woke me up and now I'm just really grumpy.

And I'm hitting a brick wall with my pgce and I'm just really struggling to keep going to get through it.

I think I just need a mhss hug *grabby hands*

Posted from TSR Mobile
I understand how frustrating it is trying to get people to help you out with research/surveys/similarish type things here :lol:
Original post by ParadoxSocks
I'm on a hot tub holiday with my friends and I feel a bit dreadful this morning.

They had some sort of argument last night after I went to bed and that woke me up and now I'm just really grumpy.

And I'm hitting a brick wall with my pgce and I'm just really struggling to keep going to get through it.

I think I just need a mhss hug *grabby hands*

Posted from TSR Mobile

:hugs: hopefully the rest of your holiday goes better! You getting much support with you pgce?

---

Applied to be a listener with local Samaritans branch...something to do, means I can help other people with MH issues and people have told me I'm good on the phone, hoping they need night time people as well cause my sleep pattern might actually help there! But yeah, focusing on this positive instead of my lack of sleep in 18 hours and missing conference cause of it. Trying to anyway.

Posted from TSR Mobile
ugh, exhausted, despite spending all of yesterday in bed and getting a decent amount of sleep last night. the only thing i can think of is that the sertraline increase is doing this? but ive never experienced extreme tiredness with my previous sertraline increases :/
Original post by Jean-Luc Picard
:hugs: hopefully the rest of your holiday goes better! You getting much support with you pgce?

---

Applied to be a listener with local Samaritans branch...something to do, means I can help other people with MH issues and people have told me I'm good on the phone, hoping they need night time people as well cause my sleep pattern might actually help there! But yeah, focusing on this positive instead of my lack of sleep in 18 hours and missing conference cause of it. Trying to anyway.

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's a really great thing to do, well done. :hugs: Afaik, all volunteers do one night shift a month, (I think it's 1-7 or something).

---

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have also applied for Samaritans. Still got a month till the first information evening though. :smile:
Original post by moment of truth
I have also applied for Samaritans. Still got a month till the first information evening though. :smile:

Cool, they said it would be up to 3 weeks before they got in touch online but hopefully isn't too long!

Original post by ScaryScience
That's a really great thing to do, well done. :hugs: Afaik, all volunteers do one night shift a month, (I think it's 1-7 or something).

Ah okay, well hopefully they let me know! Hope you're okay? :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Cool, they said it would be up to 3 weeks before they got in touch online but hopefully isn't too long!

Ah okay, well hopefully they let me know! Hope you're okay? :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, I'm sure you'd be an absolute credit to them :hugs: I dunno really. Okayish I guess. Feel a bit weird. How are you? :hugs:
Original post by ScaryScience
Yeah, I'm sure you'd be an absolute credit to them :hugs: I dunno really. Okayish I guess. Feel a bit weird. How are you? :hugs:

Aww thank you :redface: hopefully you have a good day and stuff! I'm okay, well, not slept but Ill be okay I guess. :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ergh, I am exhausted. Got about 3 hours sleep last night. I don't even know where this has come from usually I struggle to wake up.

Still hearing whispering. I decided to increase the haldol this morning so hopefully that will both help me sleep and stop them.
I'm really worried that the CMHT have forgotten about me, still haven't heard back from them. I think they're just laughing at me or something, dunno what to do. Still haven't made an appointment with my GP, I think I'm wasting her time too.

ED TW

Spoiler

Finally finished my draft of the essay for the timed essay on Wednesday, I dunno if it covers the question, might draft an email asking if there's anything specific they want? :dontknow: The question is so vague! :s-smilie:
Found the scrummiest best biscuits ever today!

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1425834408.979468.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PandaWho
Found the scrummiest best biscuits ever today!

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1425834408.979468.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ohh, they look yummy! Where from?
Original post by Pathway
I'm really worried that the CMHT have forgotten about me, still haven't heard back from them. I think they're just laughing at me or something, dunno what to do. Still haven't made an appointment with my GP, I think I'm wasting her time too.

ED TW

Spoiler

Finally finished my draft of the essay for the timed essay on Wednesday, I dunno if it covers the question, might draft an email asking if there's anything specific they want? :dontknow: The question is so vague! :s-smilie:

I think you should try to call your GP tomorrow to make an appointment. You're not wasting her time. You can tell her about the eating and the fact CMHT haven't got back to you yet. It really does sound like you could do with some help. :console:

Well done on finishing the essay draft. :smile:
Original post by Pathway
Ohh, they look yummy! Where from?

They are amazing!
I found them in a random Chinese supermarket place!
There a bit like BNBN style biscuits but its like a ball shape ish with the chocolate centre in the middle :drool:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Sabertooth
I think you should try to call your GP tomorrow to make an appointment. You're not wasting her time. You can tell her about the eating and the fact CMHT haven't got back to you yet. It really does sound like you could do with some help. :console:

Well done on finishing the essay draft. :smile:

Yeah, I think I might. I was actually supposed to see her last week, but I've been so up and down mood wise it's been difficult to do anything. :s-smilie: I did briefly mention ED stuff to her last time, but she didn't seem that bothered? :dontknow: CMHT said that they were going to write a letter about a follow up appointment for this month/to explain what was going to come of the complaint meeting I attended/to confirm I was back under CMHT (I got discharged by the trainee who assessed me, and the consultants I saw at the complaint meeting said I shouldn't have been).

Thank you. :h:

How are you feeling? :hugs:

Original post by PandaWho
They are amazing!
I found them in a random Chinese supermarket place!
There a bit like BNBN style biscuits but its like a ball shape ish with the chocolate centre in the middle :drool:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ohh, BNBNs I haven't had them in years - keep seeing them in Tesco when I have a wander down the aisles though, lol. They do sound amazing. :drool:
what on earth is a BNBN biscuit? :ninja:
Had a phone call from my in-laws to say that they're waiting to hear if my puppy needs emergency surgery or not because they think he has something stuck in his stomach :sad:
Original post by sherbet_lemons7
what on earth is a BNBN biscuit? :ninja:

:eek: :eek:
:unimpressed:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ParadoxSocks
Had a phone call from my in-laws to say that they're waiting to hear if my puppy needs emergency surgery or not because they think he has something stuck in his stomach :sad:

:jumphug: hopefully hell be ok! What did he eat that he shouldnt have??

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest