The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVI

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ParadoxSocks
Had a phone call from my in-laws to say that they're waiting to hear if my puppy needs emergency surgery or not because they think he has something stuck in his stomach :sad:

Oh no! :frown: Hope he's okay! :hugs:

:getmecoat:
Original post by Pathway
Yeah, I think I might. I was actually supposed to see her last week, but I've been so up and down mood wise it's been difficult to do anything. :s-smilie: I did briefly mention ED stuff to her last time, but she didn't seem that bothered? :dontknow: CMHT said that they were going to write a letter about a follow up appointment for this month/to explain what was going to come of the complaint meeting I attended/to confirm I was back under CMHT (I got discharged by the trainee who assessed me, and the consultants I saw at the complaint meeting said I shouldn't have been).

Thank you. :h:

How are you feeling? :hugs:

Spoiler

I'm not great but meh, trying to get on with things. :nothing:
Original post by PandaWho
:jumphug: hopefully hell be ok! What did he eat that he shouldnt have??

Posted from TSR Mobile

We don't know. He's been x-rayed and there's definitely something wrong in there. It's probably a sock or a bit of tree or something equally stupid :frown:
Pathway, def go see your GP pronto. Unfortunately CMHTs can be somewhat slow to correspond sometimes, but that's no excuse :no:

Saber, well done for your posts on that anti-meds thread. That escalated quickly :eek:

Original post by sherbet_lemons7
what on earth is a BNBN biscuit? :ninja:

:headfire:

I may have to officially disown you now :sadnod:

:tongue:

Original post by ParadoxSocks
Had a phone call from my in-laws to say that they're waiting to hear if my puppy needs emergency surgery or not because they think he has something stuck in his stomach :sad:

:hugs:
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Pathway, def go see your GP pronto. Unfortunately CMHTs can be somewhat slow to correspond sometimes, but that's no excuse :no:

Saber, well done for your posts on that anti-meds thread. That escalated quickly :eek:

:headfire:

I may have to officially disown you now :sadnod:

:hugs:

:eek3:
:sad:
:cry2:
:lovehug:

And definitely! Go Saber! :eek:
I just googled them- we called them "biscuit smiles". :tongue:
Original post by Sabertooth

Spoiler

I'm not great but meh, trying to get on with things. :nothing:

Spoiler

If you need/want to rant at someone, I'm about. :console:

Will do, just not sure how to say what I need to say? My heads all jumbled up still. :s-smilie: Maybe I'll make a list again? That helped a bit last time. Feel like there's so much going on and I can't concentrate on anything for very long. :redface:

How are you? :jumphugs:
Original post by kiera28
How are you doing bub?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm allowed 4 hours out each day which is good, and my mood has been improving :smile:
Original post by Pathway

Spoiler

If you need/want to rant at someone, I'm about. :console:

Will do, just not sure how to say what I need to say? My heads all jumbled up still. :s-smilie: Maybe I'll make a list again? That helped a bit last time. Feel like there's so much going on and I can't concentrate on anything for very long. :redface:

Writing it down definitely sounds like a good idea. You're not a time waster. I hope your GP is helpful :hugs:

And thanks for the offer, I think I'll try drinking some tea before annoying you guys with my ranting :tongue:

And thanks sherbet_lemons7 and TLG :colondollar: it just annoys me when people go round spreading crap about something that can really help people.
Original post by sherbet_lemons7
I just googled them- we called them "biscuit smiles". :tongue:

But how are you supposed to sing the BNBN song if you call them "biscuit smiles"? :hmmm:

:lovehug:

Original post by Pathway

Do make a list - I'm a big fan of lists :biggrin: I'm so tired, despite having slept lots. Sorry again that I was such a letdown last night :frown:

Original post by Sabertooth
And thanks sherbet_lemons7 and TLG :colondollar: it just annoys me when people go round spreading crap about something that can really help people.

Indeed. Such noobface behaviour from them :nothing:

Do make a list - I'm a big fan of lists :biggrin: I'm so tired, despite having slept lots. Sorry again that I was such a letdown last night :frown:

Not a let down at all! The fact that you offered to help was enough (thank you for offering. :hugs:), and I completely dissociated pretty soon after anyway - not sure what happened because I stopped mid reply to furry too. :dontknow: Kind of worried, tbh. :s-smilie: Should probably mention that too...gah. Sorry to hear you're still tired, you're probably really run down. :frown: Lots of rest for TLG I think! :console:
Original post by Pathway
Not a let down at all! The fact that you offered to help was enough (thank you for offering. :hugs:), and I completely dissociated pretty soon after anyway - not sure what happened because I stopped mid reply to furry too. :dontknow: Kind of worried, tbh. :s-smilie: Should probably mention that too...gah. Sorry to hear you're still tired, you're probably really run down. :frown: Lots of rest for TLG I think! :console:

That does sound quite worrying :frown: Yeah, I think I've been trying to do too much. Am considering giving up my uni job but I hate letting people down and am scared they'll hate me :cry:
That does sound quite worrying :frown: Yeah, I think I've been trying to do too much. Am considering giving up my uni job but I hate letting people down and am scared they'll hate me :cry:

Yeah, it's happening quite frequently lately, not entirely sure how to stop it. :dontknow:

I think you should worry about yourself and health first. It's not good to run yourself into the ground. :sadnod::console: I doubt that they'll hate you. :nah: Would it be possible to do less hours? That could help. :hugs: I hope you feel better soon.
been trying to work on and off today. not really working. my head wont work. ive got to try and manipulate a mathematical model of boiling an egg to apply it to single celled organism and just gah cant think clearly about anything and surveying scientific literature to try and come up with useful parameters is absolutely impossible rn
Original post by Pathway
Yeah, it's happening quite frequently lately, not entirely sure how to stop it. :dontknow:

I think you should worry about yourself and health first. It's not good to run yourself into the ground. :sadnod::console: I doubt that they'll hate you. :nah: Would it be possible to do less hours? That could help. :hugs: I hope you feel better soon.

Thanks hun. It's not even hard work, just so tired and unable to juggle everything :emo:

Original post by ScaryScience
been trying to work on and off today. not really working. my head wont work. ive got to try and manipulate a mathematical model of boiling an egg to apply it to single celled organism and just gah cant think clearly about anything and surveying scientific literature to try and come up with useful parameters is absolutely impossible rn

:jumphug:
Thanks hun. It's not even hard work, just so tired and unable to juggle everything :emo:

:jumphug:

Still though, it can have an affect on you. :console: Wish I could help in some way. :frown:
Original post by Pathway
Still though, it can have an affect on you. :console: Wish I could help in some way. :frown:

Dw, it's my own stupid fault. Though in fairness to me, they've asked me to research disability policies at all UK HEIs (Higher Education Institutes) within a week. And there are about 142 unis on the list... :s-smilie:
Dw, it's my own stupid fault. Though in fairness to me, they've asked me to research disability policies at all UK HEIs (Higher Education Institutes) within a week. And there are about 142 unis on the list... :s-smilie:

That sounds tough :console: No one will think any less of you for admitting you're struggling or giving up the job though. :nah:
Original post by ScaryScience
That sounds tough :console: No one will think any less of you for admitting you're struggling or giving up the job though. :nah:

Thanks. I'm supposed to present them in front of Royal Holloway's disabled staff meeting tomorrow :cry: Think I'm just gonna aim for 20 unis or 25 maximum and they'll just have to make do with that for now :dontknow:

Sorry you're still having such a rough time of it, sweetie :sadnod:
Thanks. I'm supposed to present them in front of Royal Holloway's disabled staff meeting tomorrow :cry: Think I'm just gonna aim for 20 unis or 25 maximum and they'll just have to make do with that for now :dontknow:

Sorry you're still having such a rough time of it, sweetie :sadnod:

I think 20-25 will be ok. I agree with scary, too.

---------------

Spoiler

Latest