The Student Room Group

WJEC A2 Computing CG3 - Tuesday 23rd June 2015 [Exam Discussion Thread]

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by RonanWalters
Nice!

I'm doing 11 exams. 5 maths, 4 physics and 2 computing. My own fault for not trying harder last year and not getting the grades I wanted, so I'm making sure I don't make the same mistake this year.

How about you, do you have many?

Which section took you longer out of evaluation and user guide?:smile:

Oh right, well it sounds like you're determined so good luck to you!

I have 7 'proper' exams if you discount my Physics EMPA exam, which is not bad I suppose for 4 subjects aha.
1 computing, 1 history, 3 maths and 2 physics.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Sorry I've been inactive, just been busy with the coursework and mocks. We finished the coursework, and our final hand in is in two weeks time. Can't believe how quickly two years have gone by!
Reply 42
Original post by Casually Formal
Sorry I've been inactive, just been busy with the coursework and mocks. We finished the coursework, and our final hand in is in two weeks time. Can't believe how quickly two years have gone by!

Don't apologise it's totally understandable! Well done! I hope to finish the coursework by Easter.
I have evaluation, user guide and the teacher demonstration to go. Did Eval and the user guide take you long?

Oh I know! Crazy how time flies!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
Don't apologise it's totally understandable! Well done! I hope to finish the coursework by Easter.
I have evaluation, user guide and the teacher demonstration to go. Did Eval and the user guide take you long?

Oh I know! Crazy how time flies!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'd say the evaluation takes about 2 or 3 hours and the user guide takes about an hour.

So it's not too time consuming, the testing took me ages to finish.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 44
Original post by Casually Formal
I'd say the evaluation takes about 2 or 3 hours and the user guide takes about an hour.

So it's not too time consuming, the testing took me ages to finish.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh right thanks good to hear because testing has taken me years (okay not quite that long but it felt that way!)

How much theory have you got left to go?:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Damn! I wish our hand in deadline wasn't so early. We had to hand in our coursework 3 weeks ago. I guess it's because they just want to get all the marking out of the way.

Still really happy with what I got, though. In a way I miss doing the coursework because of how much time and effort I put into it, haha!

Original post by CD223
Oh right thanks good to hear because testing has taken me years (okay not quite that long but it felt that way!)

How much theory have you got left to go?:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, you should fly through the Evaluation & User Guide compared to the testing. The Evaluation took longer than the User Guide for me, but that's probably because I wrote a stupid amount when I didn't really need to. Same for me, hahaha. I don't think I want to hear the word 'Testing' for quite some time.

Edit:

I've just added all of the finished /updated revision notes to my first post, if anyone needs / wants any of them. (:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 46
Damn! I wish our hand in deadline wasn't so early. We had to hand in our coursework 3 weeks ago. I guess it's because they just want to get all the marking out of the way.

Still really happy with what I got, though. In a way I miss doing the coursework because of how much time and effort I put into it, haha!

Yeah, you should fly through the Evaluation & User Guide compared to the testing. The Evaluation took longer than the User Guide for me, but that's probably because I wrote a stupid amount when I didn't really need to. Same for me, hahaha. I don't think I want to hear the word 'Testing' for quite some time.

Edit:

I've just added all of the finished /updated revision notes to my first post, if anyone needs / wants any of them. (:

Oh right! Well at least you're done and dusted! Do you know what mark you got /100?

That makes sense! Did you talk about errors from testing in your evaluation, or at the end of testing? I'm unsure where to put mine...

Thank you!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I got 95/100. It was either 94 or 95. Was actually really disappointed with it at first because of compared to how much time I put into it, I felt like I should have gotten more. But now I'm actually really happy with it.

Are you on about error messages that were produced in your testing, or tests that failed to meet?
Reply 48
I got 95/100. It was either 94 or 95. Was actually really disappointed with it at first because of compared to how much time I put into it, I felt like I should have gotten more. But now I'm actually really happy with it.

Are you on about error messages that were produced in your testing, or tests that failed to meet?

Wow well done that's fantastic! When did you have your 1:1 demonstration with your teacher?

And I meant errors/bugs that cropped up during testing. I assume tests/criteria that I failed to meet would be in the evaluation criteria at the end of the evaluation?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
Wow well done that's fantastic! When did you have your 1:1 demonstration with your teacher?

And I meant errors/bugs that cropped up during testing. I assume tests/criteria that I failed to meet would be in the evaluation criteria at the end of the evaluation?

Posted from TSR Mobile

We did ours when we came back from the Christmas break.

You can do that or I think I did it for each part when comparing objectives / testing, etc. just to make sure I got the marks. But you probably don't have to do that. Could also relate it to the improvements part.

Sorry if that wasn't much help, struggling remember what I put for each put. If you want me to, I can double check if I do for you.
Reply 50
We did ours when we came back from the Christmas break.

You can do that or I think I did it for each part when comparing objectives / testing, etc. just to make sure I got the marks. But you probably don't have to do that. Could also relate it to the improvements part.

Sorry if that wasn't much help, struggling remember what I put for each put. If you want me to, I can double check if I do for you.

That's so good. My teacher says we're doing ours after Easter which is so long away...kinda wish it was sooner. Ah well. I guess now the system is done it doesn't matter when it is.

Ah right, thank you! Have you got much theory left to cover?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
That's so good. My teacher says we're doing ours after Easter which is so long away...kinda wish it was sooner. Ah well. I guess now the system is done it doesn't matter when it is.

Ah right, thank you! Have you got much theory left to cover?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah nice! Yeah, I wouldn't worry about it. Bet you look forward to showing it off.

We're coming close to finishing now. I think we'll finish a week before the Easter break. Next week we should finish skimming through all of the topics, and then we'll just spend the next couple of weeks finishing them all off. How about you?
Reply 52
Ah nice! Yeah, I wouldn't worry about it. Bet you look forward to showing it off.

We're coming close to finishing now. I think we'll finish a week before the Easter break. Next week we should finish skimming through all of the topics, and then we'll just spend the next couple of weeks finishing them all off. How about you?

It should hopefully be okay when it comes to the demonstration. I've had a few bugs that keep reappearing so I might, erm, 'tactically' avoid showing those bits unless he asks haha!

Oh wow that sounds good! We have the rest of software engineering and OOP to go and then I believe we will have finished :smile:
Reply 53

Sorry, but how many pages was your evaluation and user guide?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
It should hopefully be okay when it comes to the demonstration. I've had a few bugs that keep reappearing so I might, erm, 'tactically' avoid showing those bits unless he asks haha!

Oh wow that sounds good! We have the rest of software engineering and OOP to go and then I believe we will have finished :smile:

Ah nice! It's scary to think how quickly college has gone.

Altogether I ended up doing 63 pages for the my evaluation and user documentation.
Reply 55
Ah nice! It's scary to think how quickly college has gone.

Altogether I ended up doing 63 pages for the my evaluation and user documentation.

Yeah it's gone really quick!!
Oh wow! I'm doing my user documentation before my Eval purely because it seems more fun haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
Yeah it's gone really quick!!
Oh wow! I'm doing my user documentation before my Eval purely because it seems more fun haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, I definitely preferred doing the user doc compared to the evaluation, haha.
Reply 57
Yeah, I definitely preferred doing the user doc compared to the evaluation, haha.

It is more enjoyable aha! How did you do your sections on installation, backup and recovery?
Reply 58
I've finally done some spring cleaning on my A level exam threads and today have added resources to the first post of this thread!

If anyone wants their resources adding, either post it and quote me on here, or send me a PM :smile:

Thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey!

This thread has been far too inactive, haha. Sorry for not being around, towards the end of the term things started to get a bit crazy.

That term went by far too quickly... Especially towards the end with all the ISA's. Hope you guys are having a good time off.

How's the revision going for you guys? I haven't really done much for my computing exams yet, at the moment I'm just focusing on math's and physics. I'm probably going to start my computing revision on Tuesday.

If anyone fancies doing some revision together, or what ever for computing, let me know. (:
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest