The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Tawheed
The following Sermon by Imam Ali a.s (reportedly) is so sublime. To the non-muslim or muslim, these sermons and letters and sayings were compiled around 300 years after Muhammed pbuh , and the chains of many of the sermons can be found in other texts with the Sanads and traced in both shia and sunni books.

Which ones?
Original post by Ibn Fulaan
Which ones?

There are some sermons which have been cited and noted by Sunni's of distant past in their books, such as shaqshaqiya etc. A lot of the content can be found with chains in shia books, or in past authors shia or sunni.

A 'sunni' book in my words does not necessarily mean the 'sihah al sitta'.

Al Radi simply intended to collect through history famous sermons, letters, sayings from Imam Ali a.s.

From a historical analysis, not all can be attributed to Imam Ali a.s, but there is a lot of content you say definitely could, just by its historicity/historical strength, as well as chains etc

Just to clear this up, it is not the first, second, third, fourth or fifth most authentic book among shia's. It's below Al Kafi and co on rank.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by ash92:)

A question in the ISOC thread? :indiff:

What's wrong with that....
:getmecoat:

You just asked me a question, about me asking a question...:unimpressed:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Kadak
Posted from TSR Mobile

No,they would still be classified as Caucasian.

Ok, thanks. I'll just use ethnicities.
Original post by Tawheed
There are some sermons which have been cited and noted by Sunni's of distant past in their books, such as shaqshaqiya etc. A lot of the content can be found with chains in shia books, or in past authors shia or sunni.

A 'sunni' book in my words does not necessarily mean the 'sihah al sitta'.

Al Radi simply intended to collect through history famous sermons, letters, sayings from Imam Ali a.s.

From a historical analysis, not all can be attributed to Imam Ali a.s, but there is a lot of content you say definitely could, just by its historicity/historical strength, as well as chains etc

Just to clear this up, it is not the first, second, third, fourth or fifth most authentic book among shia's. It's below Al Kafi and co on rank.

Which ones?
Original post by ThatMuslimGuy
AsalamuAlaikum,

Over time ive created and read many threads in order to understand what mistakes or moral issues people see in Islam. Some thread examples are [1] [2]

A while back I created a blogspot [3] .

Now ive created a website www.quran-errors.com

So I was just wondering brothers and sisters what topics and issues you struggle with most - so that I can create a list of these issues for me to write on. This can include claims of mistakes, contradictions, moral questions etc

Jazak Allahu Khairan.

I'll definetely be reading this:smile:
Reply 6346
Original post by soulja of allah
I have started revising for the 6 exams which i am going to retake

However, i really cant be bothered with the exams now that i have an unconditional offer. :smug:

I guess i might as well give them a good shot since i coughed up quite a bit of money for the retakes :dontknow:

Posted from TSR Mobile

What course?
I have started revising for the 6 exams which i am going to retake

However, i really cant be bothered with the exams now that i have an unconditional offer. :smug:

I guess i might as well give them a good shot since i coughed up quite a bit of money for the retakes :dontknow:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile
What course and which uni!?I'm so jelly of people who get unconditional offers.
[video="youtube;fE50azsAgis"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fE50azsAgis[/video]
It would be fair to say that the Muslims in the UK are under the spot light for the wrong reasons, we have Islamophobia, which is on the rise, the government are pressing for certain bills that scrutinise the Muslim community, right wing groups have more fuel to serve their goals and we have groups within the Muslim community who wish to change Islam to meet their own agendas.

So how do we respond?

We respond by 'Being The Example' -

A MUST attend event is taking place on the 22nd of March, with leading thinkers from around the country on one platform to discuss the solution

Book your tickets now!

'Re-thinking Dawah in the UK'

Myriad Foundation
Wa alaikuk assalaam bro tmg

Mountains as pegs

Space jinn and their predictability

Embryology where it got the flesh and bones in the wrong order

The quran challenge and its subjectivity

Man made from clay

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by Tawheed
Peace be with you,

Brother, i recommend you on your attempt to really read into peoples criticisms of the Quran, as well as responses already done, and then look at counter responses, and responses to those counter responses.

The Quran contains no contradictions or scientific errors - until you start bringing about the hadith. I recommend as much as possible only focusing on the Quran and nothing more, as all muslims agree on that.

The theory of evolution is an interesting topic. The only challenge i hear is 'human' evolution and Islam. I would not dismiss human evolution, but simply do research on it first. It is important to examine their claims rather than dismiss them.

But yes, there is no contradiction at all in the Quran nor 'error'.

I.E ALAQAH can be explained i.e primordial cardiovascular system, stasis of blood, or a 'clinging' substance(implantation of blastocyst) etc. It does not say 'curdled blood' or 'curdled menstrual blood'. We don't even find this in hadith. I fail to see any clear helenic link.

Thanks for recommendations.
وَإِذَا قِيلَ لَهُمْ آمِنُوا كَمَا آمَنَ النَّاسُ قَالُوا أَنُؤْمِنُ كَمَا آمَنَ السُّفَهَاءُ

And when it is said to them, "Believe as the people have believed," they say, "Should we believe as the foolish have believed?"

أَلَا إِنَّهُمْ هُمُ السُّفَهَاءُ وَلَٰكِن لَّا يَعْلَمُونَ

Unquestionably, it is they who are the foolish, but they know [it] not.
Original post by zubz91
Please see attached

Where is this taking place?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by kyoti

subhanallah touchinh
[video="youtube;hxF6h5ZfxDA"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxF6h5ZfxDA[/video]
Original post by HAnwar
Where is this taking place?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Manchester, will be really good if can make it and would also really be benificial for us. It's what the world needs at this time
Original post by zubz91
Manchester, will be really good if can make it and would also really be benificial for us. It's what the world needs at this time

Ah I'd love to come but Manchester's a bit far from home.
I'll see Insha Allah.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Kadak
Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah yes,I remember that infamous statement.Coldest thing I ever heard.

Instances like that are why I'm quite vocal against certain western governments. If a guy with a long beard and funny clothes said it was worth it to kill 500,000 children over a 10 year period, well I'd imagine they'd be called a terrorist.

Latest

Trending

Trending