The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVI

Scroll to see replies

Original post by gabs410
I struggle to sleep at night. Message me if you ever need to :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you, that's really kind of you to offer :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jean-Luc Picard
Thank you, that's really kind of you to offer :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile

You're welcome :-)

I am always happy to talk and try to entertain people :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
what is the point :/ seriously :/
Original post by ScaryScience

What's up?

*hugs*

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Sabertooth
Thanks. :colondollar:

What is it about the presentation that's worrying you?

Do you have any close friends in the society? You could try asking for feedback from them about how you're doing, sometimes it can be difficult to take an objective view about these sorts of things. Although if it's the fact it might get in the way of your degree I don't think that's bad to consider, after all it's what you're at uni for.

Realised I ever replied to this, I'm sorry!

Just having to do it/not knowing anything about it. Had so much time to research but I've taken so long to decide/find a topic, and still not sure on it, then had a busy few weeks/not felt too well/just hidden from it, really. Overall I suppose I'm marginally less bothered by it now than I was a couple weeks ago, just that it's so soon/over soon, plus it's not worth too much/I've missed assignments worth equal amounts easily. Just that with this it's in front of tutor group and tutor/they'll know, whereas no-one really knows if I miss an assignment/do badly.

Might ask a friend in society next term, they dropped out over christmas from their position (even if it would only continue for another 5 weeks 'til elections), so figure they might know more, plus they're on the same course as me, except a year ahead, so like they might be able to advise. Been finding it a lil' easier the last week or so with it, though. Is just horrible I think when it does get really busy :/

Echo peoples thoughts about that antidep thread thing - I mean I only just read up on it now after people just mentioned it here, but still :colondollar: Got me thinking about them, though/not sure what I'd say to 'em if I was offered/prescribed. Not sure. I suppose it's worth a shot trying them if the GP thinks it is.

Sorry you're still struggling with stuff, hope things can improve soon for you :redface:

stress levels rising and mood dropping. this isn't good news. this time last week I was utterly beside myself and ended up in a complete state. think its time to stop. yet again, failing to meet my targets and deadlines. im an absolute ****wit.

:jumphug: Don't worry about missing deadlines and things - not your fault you're ill :hugs:

----------------------------------------------------

GP tomorrow :s-smilie: Haven't written anything down yet, though figured I could possibly just do that before the appointment/it's at 2:50pm, so quite late.

Had a nice walk sort of today, went to tesco then went by ducks/just for a short stroll. Love the weather with it being kinda sunny now, though partly just being outside/walking while it's light is so nice, earlier in the term just have either been at home or in lectures when it's been light/been out while it's dark. Looking forward to doing more walking about as it gets sunnier/lighter though :redface:
Original post by gabs410
You're welcome :-)

I am always happy to talk and try to entertain people :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile

:hugs: big hugs scary!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by gabs410
What's up?

*hugs*

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have no control over my life and I'm sick of it. Sick of feeling this terrible. Can't sleep, haven't done the work I need to, been feeling so stressed and unstable and depressed. Anyway, welcome to the thread. Hope you're doing relatively okay apart from the cold :hugs:
Original post by purple-duck
Realised I ever replied to this, I'm sorry!

Just having to do it/not knowing anything about it. Had so much time to research but I've taken so long to decide/find a topic, and still not sure on it, then had a busy few weeks/not felt too well/just hidden from it, really. Overall I suppose I'm marginally less bothered by it now than I was a couple weeks ago, just that it's so soon/over soon, plus it's not worth too much/I've missed assignments worth equal amounts easily. Just that with this it's in front of tutor group and tutor/they'll know, whereas no-one really knows if I miss an assignment/do badly.

Might ask a friend in society next term, they dropped out over christmas from their position (even if it would only continue for another 5 weeks 'til elections), so figure they might know more, plus they're on the same course as me, except a year ahead, so like they might be able to advise. Been finding it a lil' easier the last week or so with it, though. Is just horrible I think when it does get really busy :/

Echo peoples thoughts about that antidep thread thing - I mean I only just read up on it now after people just mentioned it here, but still :colondollar: Got me thinking about them, though/not sure what I'd say to 'em if I was offered/prescribed. Not sure. I suppose it's worth a shot trying them if the GP thinks it is.

Sorry you're still struggling with stuff, hope things can improve soon for you :redface:

:jumphug: Don't worry about missing deadlines and things - not your fault you're ill :hugs:

----------------------------------------------------

GP tomorrow :s-smilie: Haven't written anything down yet, though figured I could possibly just do that before the appointment/it's at 2:50pm, so quite late.

Had a nice walk sort of today, went to tesco then went by ducks/just for a short stroll. Love the weather with it being kinda sunny now, though partly just being outside/walking while it's light is so nice, earlier in the term just have either been at home or in lectures when it's been light/been out while it's dark. Looking forward to doing more walking about as it gets sunnier/lighter though :redface:

Thanks :hugs: good luck with GP tomorrow - message me if you need at any point.
Original post by Jean-Luc Picard

:hugs: big hugs scary!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks, big hugs back to you. :hugs: hope you feel better soon hun.
I have no control over my life and I'm sick of it. Sick of feeling this terrible. Can't sleep, haven't done the work I need to, been feeling so stressed and unstable and depressed. Anyway, welcome to the thread. Hope you're doing relatively okay apart from the cold :hugs:

I feel the same way.
Apart from the cold I've been all over the place! Health has fallen and have to have an Operation on the 20th! That's stressing me out cause the bloody doctors keep addressing the word 'cancer' and that just scares the s*** out of me!
So I've got extensions on work I wanna do but can't focus on!
Maybe we should just jump on a place to a deserted island and stay there for a bit to relax!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
for some reason im soo nervous about life, feel like ive forgotten to do something very important which needs to be done but cant do it because i dont know what it is. on top of that my tutor hasnt replied to my email containing my assignment which needs to be in as we're getting moderated this week which im dreading as i have a feeling they will mark me down :s-smilie:

have too much to do and too little time to do it in (of the stuff i can remember) gahh, why do the next two weeks have to be filled with so much stress :/
Thanks, big hugs back to you. :hugs: hope you feel better soon hun.

Thanks :smile: I'll be okay just have to survive another night is all, telly and Internet are helping for now though

Posted from TSR Mobile
I want to hide. Can't deal with this. Brain's all over the place.
We should all go into a comfy room with chocolate and nice music and stuff and stay there forever!

Sending hugs to all you guys tonight!

If there is anything I can do, just say!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Dissociated and weird and bad :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile
:hugs: to those who are struggling. I can't sleep so drop me a PM if you want (if I don't reply, that means I have finally dozed off :colondollar: )

I managed to put together information on 25 HEIs so hopefully this talk tomorrow will be OK. Though at this rate I probably won't wake up in time...

Original post by gabs410
We should all go into a comfy room with chocolate and nice music and stuff and stay there forever!

Sending hugs to all you guys tonight!

If there is anything I can do, just say!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Welcome to MHSS! :hi: Sorry you're ill atm though :frown:

I'm Shan, the yodelling goatherd :musicus:
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
:hugs: to those who are struggling. I can't sleep so drop me a PM if you want (if I don't reply, that means I have finally dozed off :colondollar: )

I managed to put together information on 25 HEIs so hopefully this talk tomorrow will be OK. Though at this rate I probably won't wake up in time...

Welcome to MHSS! :hi: Sorry you're ill atm though :frown:

I'm Shan, the yodelling goatherd :musicus:

What's keeping you up? You ok? :hugs:
Original post by Pathway
What's keeping you up? You ok? :hugs:

Brain buzzing. Also slept way too much in the past 24 hours :colondollar: Hope you feel better soon hun :hugs:
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Brain buzzing. Also slept way too much in the past 24 hours :colondollar: Hope you feel better soon hun :hugs:

PM me if you need/want to chat? I'll be ok. :hugs:
Waking up hearing class was cancelled was such a relief, anxiety is through the roof right now.

Latest