The Student Room Group
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website

University of Kent Firmers 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Zaffy
Awh, similar to me. I was meant to attend in 2014, but it was history so I dropped out. Happy to know I won't be the only 19 year old

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm nineteen tooooooooo :h:
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website
Reply 21
Oh yay! I was really worried about being the oldest! I'll be turning 19 after joining uni though!
Original post by Expired Potato
I'm nineteen tooooooooo :h:
Reply 22
I had visa issues and didn't wanna join a college here knowing I have admission elsewhere! Yup same here, was secretly worrying about being the oldest x'D

Original post by Zaffy
Awh, similar to me. I was meant to attend in 2014, but it was history so I dropped out. Happy to know I won't be the only 19 year old ������

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 23
Oh wow, that must have been difficult :|
What course are you going to do? :smile:

Original post by jwhitehead94
Don't worry; I was meant to start about two years ago. Blood clotting in my right lung and chronic fatigue syndrome stopped me in the past two years. I'll be 21 when I start so you needn't worry about age!
Original post by Chanch13
Oh wow, that must have been difficult :|
What course are you going to do? :smile:

I always see it that some have been through worse!

Good old law! Applied for English and American Literature last year but decided that law's more appealing.
Original post by jwhitehead94
I always see it that some have been through worse!

Good old law! Applied for English and American Literature last year but decided that law's more appealing.

I'm in the upcoming English and American Lit :awesome::ahee:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Firmed my offer for Economics and Econometrics!! September is taking too long to come around.
Original post by George brim
Firmed my offer for Economics and Econometrics!! September is taking too long to come around.

Was the internet not being 3mb/s a selling point? xD
Original post by Penguinfarts
Was the internet not being 3mb/s a selling point? xD

In all honesty I wanted Kent in my heart of hearts but when I saw that, I firmed it that minuet! Got to be able to stream movies and game!! LOL. Thanks for that.

Anyone going to the applicant day on April 11th?
In all honesty I wanted Kent in my heart of hearts but when I saw that, I firmed it that minuet! Got to be able to stream movies and game!! LOL. Thanks for that.

Anyone going to the applicant day on April 11th?

I went to the applicant day for Economics back in February and they definitely did impress then, You have 1 hour allocated for lunch, but in reality you spend most of that time individually talking to some of the students/lecturers who all impressed. I personally spent about 20 minutes talking to their Head of Economics who was a breath of fresh air compared to my current Economics teacher :smile: The main selling points in the power point they gave after Lunch were that they have been consistently in the top 10 for student satisfaction and are extremely successful at getting placements in the Bank of England the Government Economic service. There is also 30 minutes allocated for questions and answers at the end but I didn't have time to stay for that sadly.
I went to the applicant day for Economics back in February and they definitely did impress then, You have 1 hour allocated for lunch, but in reality you spend most of that time individually talking to some of the students/lecturers who all impressed. I personally spent about 20 minutes talking to their Head of Economics who was a breath of fresh air compared to my current Economics teacher :smile: The main selling points in the power point they gave after Lunch were that they have been consistently in the top 10 for student satisfaction and are extremely successful at getting placements in the Bank of England the Government Economic service. There is also 30 minutes allocated for questions and answers at the end but I didn't have time to stay for that sadly.

I also really liked Alistair (Head of Economics) when I went to an open day. I know someone that works in the Bank of England and have done work experience there twice before. They said that they often take a lot of students from Kent on their sandwich placements. Hopefully that can be us :colondollar:. What accommodation you looking to stay in?
I also really liked Alistair (Head of Economics) when I went to an open day. I know someone that works in the Bank of England and have done work experience there twice before. They said that they often take a lot of students from Kent on their sandwich placements. Hopefully that can be us :colondollar:. What accommodation you looking to stay in?

I picked Turing college as my first choice, just because it is new and shiny :smile:
Reply 32
Firmed Kent for Management in Primary Care (social sciences). I'm a bit of an anomaly, I'm a 3rd year medical student coming to do one year in Kent, so still an undergrad. Now to figure out accommodation..!
Original post by chloelindsayx
I've accepted my offer for Psychology with Studies in Europe :smile:

OH MY GOD I FINALLY FOUND YOU!!! Can I know when you applied and got an offer?
I've seen a bunch of people applying for psychology but not my course! Sorry if I creeped you out but I've finally found a potential classmate! :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Firmed my offer for criminal justice and criminology!!
I picked Turing college as my first choice, just because it is new and shiny :smile:

Lol! probs be seeing a lot of each other, I have put that down as well. Did you see them on the applicant day, they were still being built when I went to a open day.
Lol! probs be seeing a lot of each other, I have put that down as well. Did you see them on the applicant day, they were still being built when I went to a open day.

Yep, they at least have some of them done now, I posted some pictures I found online on this thread if you want to see. http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3155085
Original post by thefatduckTEEHEE
OH MY GOD I FINALLY FOUND YOU!!! Can I know when you applied and got an offer?
I've seen a bunch of people applying for psychology but not my course! Sorry if I creeped you out but I've finally found a potential classmate! :smile:

Oh hello! I applied quite early actually, I think it was about October and I recieved my offer in December time. Hope this helps!
Original post by LaurelEvermore
Hi I've applied for the same course but I haven't firmed yet. Can't decide between Kent and Lancaster... What language will you be studying? I've opted for Spanish.

I can't decide which country to go to yet 😁 I think I'm going to decide when we've been told a bit more about each one
Original post by chloelindsayx
Oh hello! I applied quite early actually, I think it was about October and I recieved my offer in December time. Hope this helps!

That's great! I applied in January but I haven't gotten my offer yet so hopefully it will come in soon. Have you applied for accommodation yet?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending