The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Atletico vs Valencia, should be a great game. Atletico need to get back into the title race and catch up Real's mistake.

It was 3-1 at the Mestalla, Valencia were 3-0 up in the first 15 minutes!
Valencia have better head to head than Atlético. Seems like there's too much ground for Valencia and Atlético to catch up for the title, but you can see Atlético challenging next season as they'll be keeping most of their top players.

Sevilla's best chance of CL is by winning europa again personally.
(edited 9 years ago)
Most GOALS+ASSISTS in YEAR 2015 (all comps, europe's top5 lgs)

MESSI 29
SUAREZ 17
Dost 15
Kane Berahino 14
NEYMAR 13
Robben DeBruyne 12

Posted from TSR Mobile
It says a lot about La Liga if any game that Real, Barca or Atletico lose (except against each other) is called a "shock"
Original post by shawn_o1
It says a lot about La Liga if any game that Real, Barca or Atletico lose (except against each other) is called a "shock"

A smaller team beating a bigger team isn't a shock then? K.

Posted from TSR Mobile
The fact Messi can spring up and score a 12-minute hat-trick without seemingly breaking sweat is nothing short of farcical. The man is a genius.

Suarez was my highlight, though. At the centre of absolutely everything for Barcelona yesterday. He's no flop.
Suarez has been immense. I wish he was sometimes a little more selfish though

....ok

Yeah your posts are rubbish.

If we go by the league tables the same goes for Chelsea as on average they have 2.33 points per game this season, while Real have 2.35 points a game, Barcelona have 2.38 and Atléti have 2.11 points a game.

So is the premier league crap too then?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Malevolent
Suarez has been immense. I wish he was sometimes a little more selfish though

He always had a knack of being unselfish at us, but he was still guilty at times of not getting his head up and seeing a different option. I think being surrounded by Neymar and Messi has led him to curtail that habit.

Lol wat. Any game Chelsea, Man City or Bayern lose is a shock because they are the best teams in their respective leagues

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Undisclosed 15
Lol wat. Any game Chelsea, Man City or Bayern lose is a shock because they are the best teams in their respective leagues

Posted from TSR Mobile

Have you watched them in 2015?
Original post by Mackay
Have you watched them in 2015?

Yes they have been poor. But them losing to a lower team is still a shock.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Depends who it is. And where it is.

I wouldn't bank on City at home against anyone tbh. Etihad has an air of total apathy these days and it's a tough place for home players to be motivated to perform against bottom half sides, hence why Leicester, Stoke, Burnley, Sunderland have all given them scares (or come close to at least).
Ronaldo was 12 ahead of Messi in terms of goals at Christmas. Now, they are level. Bale's gone 8 games without scoring and Madrid have dropped from 3.6 goals a game to 1.7.

May be time to break up the Bale-Benzema-Ronaldo attack.
Supposedly 33% of fans want Ronaldo dropped and for Real to go 4-4-2 in a survey, while 45% want Bale dropped.

Reckon times like this are when another striker would be useful, maybe using Jese for a game or two.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by jam277
Supposedly 33% of fans want Ronaldo dropped and for Real to go 4-4-2 in a survey, while 45% want Bale dropped.

Reckon times like this are when another striker would be useful, maybe using Jese for a game or two.

I dont see this as the complete fault of the players really, if Ancelotti had actually rotated at some point in the season then theyd be fresher as opposed to the whole first XI looking tired recently.

On the other hand Enrique's constant early season rotation is now coming into play and Barca look completely fresh.
Original post by CB91
I dont see this as the complete fault of the players really, if Ancelotti had actually rotated at some point in the season then theyd be fresher as opposed to the whole first XI looking tired recently.

On the other hand Enrique's constant early season rotation is now coming into play and Barca look completely fresh.

I agree. Ancelotti has not really been a fan of regular rotation from his previous clubs too.

Don't think Real will be like this for too much longer though. Modric's absence I think is the main reason for why they've declined post Christmas.
Ancelotti almost certainly won't have his contract renewed anyway. He hasn't got a lot of support from the hierarchy apparently.

None of his attack is in form, though. Ronaldo's post-Christmas plight has been damaging to their chances.
Bale has scored the same amount as Pique this calender year. (Although in fairness, Pique is having an amazing season).

Real Madrid fans are extremely fickle though