The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVI

Scroll to see replies

Original post by gabs410
Why is it when your ill you become more depressed and anxious?! I hate it!

Posted from TSR Mobile

My first real issue with anxiety came when I had flu four years ago. I was stuck in bed for days and it really triggered anxiety like I had never, ever felt before.

--

I have requested a ban on my TSR account. The only thing that I WANT to use it for is this thread, but unfortunately I find myself wasting way too much time on other threads as well as this one. If I couldn't get onto it, I would have to do other things, and "other things" are definitely what I would prefer to be doing, to be honest.

So I don't know when, exactly, the ban will take place, but fingers crossed it's soon, because I have a horrible habit of just going onto the website at random times in the day when I really don't need to do it!

So thank you to everyone in here, you have all been lovely and very, very helpful. I am much MUCH better than I was when I first started posting in early October, I no longer wake with anxiety in the morning, I can once again enjoy my own company without having to beg somebody to spend time with me, and I am enjoying a few social things that would have just seemed completely impossible six months ago.

I have the best hope that you will all make a full recovery. I see so much struggle here, but also so much love, support and helpfulness. You're all good people, and I know it will be okay <3 xx
Original post by Anonymous

I have requested a ban on my TSR account. The only thing that I WANT to use it for is this thread, but unfortunately I find myself wasting way too much time on other threads as well as this one. If I couldn't get onto it, I would have to do other things, and "other things" are definitely what I would prefer to be doing, to be honest.

So I don't know when, exactly, the ban will take place, but fingers crossed it's soon, because I have a horrible habit of just going onto the website at random times in the day when I really don't need to do it!

So thank you to everyone in here, you have all been lovely and very, very helpful. I am much MUCH better than I was when I first started posting in early October, I no longer wake with anxiety in the morning, I can once again enjoy my own company without having to beg somebody to spend time with me, and I am enjoying a few social things that would have just seemed completely impossible six months ago.

I have the best hope that you will all make a full recovery. I see so much struggle here, but also so much love, support and helpfulness. You're all good people, and I know it will be okay <3 xx

Wishing you the very best of luck. I'm really glad you have seen such improvement. Keep going to band practice if you can - music is good for the soul :h:

Original post by Pathway
PM me if you need/want to chat? I'll be ok. :hugs:

Thanks hun. Slept after 5am :s-smilie: Didn't wanna worry you by PMing :no: But I appreciate the offer. Hope you are safe :hugs:

Waking up hearing class was cancelled was such a relief, anxiety is through the roof right now.

Oh no, so sorry to hear that :frown:
Well, I hardly slept last night. Because I'm exhausted, I panic more when I go out in case I see 'him'. Ugh! I hate feeling like this! Had to cancel my sessions today, now I feel lost.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd

Thanks hun. Slept after 5am :s-smilie: Didn't wanna worry you by PMing :no: But I appreciate the offer. Hope you are safe :hugs:

You're always welcome to PM. :hugs: Glad you were able to sleep though, sucks that it was so late. Hope today goes well for you! I'm ok, think I'm safe? Finally told my mum about CMHT...went better than expected, but I didn't tell her about PTSD though - don't want the questions associated with it (e.g. "what caused it?").:s-smilie: I'm really anxious actually.
Deleted.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Jean-Luc Picard
I hate my life.

Spoiler

Don't deserve any sympathy here so please kick the boot in, may as well know if people here hate me too.

Posted from TSR Mobile

No one on here hates you.
Original post by Noodlzzz
No one on here hates you.

They should, all I do is mess things up.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by gabs410
Well, I hardly slept last night. Because I'm exhausted, I panic more when I go out in case I see 'him'. Ugh! I hate feeling like this! Had to cancel my sessions today, now I feel lost.

Posted from TSR Mobile

:frown: :console: :hugs:

Original post by Pathway
You're always welcome to PM. :hugs: Glad you were able to sleep though, sucks that it was so late. Hope today goes well for you! I'm ok, think I'm safe? Finally told my mum about CMHT...went better than expected, but I didn't tell her about PTSD though - don't want the questions associated with it (e.g. "what caused it?").:s-smilie: I'm really anxious actually.

Well done for telling your mum a bit about it - glad that went better than you thought. Sorry to hear you're so anxious though :frown: :console: :hugs:
:hugs: to those who are struggling. I can't sleep so drop me a PM if you want (if I don't reply, that means I have finally dozed off :colondollar: )

I managed to put together information on 25 HEIs so hopefully this talk tomorrow will be OK. Though at this rate I probably won't wake up in time...

Welcome to MHSS! :hi: Sorry you're ill atm though :frown:

I'm Shan, the yodelling goatherd :musicus:

Hope it goes/has gone well!!
So 6 months after I "started" my dissertation i've come up with a great topic i'd love to do and would probably end up doing in my spare time out of interest in the subject but it's far too late to change now with six weeks left to hand it in.

I'm seriously wishing i'd done that instead; i hate my current topic and i've done barely any work on it.
Original post by Noodlzzz
Hope it goes/has gone well!!

I couldn't go - felt too rough :getmecoat:
Wishing you the very best of luck. I'm really glad you have seen such improvement. Keep going to band practice if you can - music is good for the soul :h:

Thank you - I know it is :smile:. It's been about 5 weeks now and I haven't missed a single rehearsal, taken part in a contest, and have my first concert tomorrow evening. It hasn't actually crossed my mind to miss it either, which is great for me!

Still not banned :wink: lol.
Thank you - I know it is :smile:. It's been about 5 weeks now and I haven't missed a single rehearsal, taken part in a contest, and have my first concert tomorrow evening. It hasn't actually crossed my mind to miss it either, which is great for me!

Still not banned :wink: lol.

Amazing. Keep up the good work and remember you are always welcome back if you ever feel like un-banning yourself, for whatever reason :h:
Walking round campus to find somewhere to sit/write stuff down for GP appointment, and sort of notice I'm not feeling much besides low, and just try out deciding to be happy, and it sort of semi-works/just feel more normal when I try? And now I'm just confused :s-smilie: Have I just been crying over nothing in between worse episodes? Quite possibly, and that just feels stupid.
Annoyed I'm feeling a bit better for GP too, in a weird way? I don't know :s-smilie: Will try writing lots down now I guess about the last term.

:dontknow: :confused:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Why why why what am I doing
Original post by purple-duck
Walking round campus to find somewhere to sit/write stuff down for GP appointment, and sort of notice I'm not feeling much besides low, and just try out deciding to be happy, and it sort of semi-works/just feel more normal when I try? And now I'm just confused :s-smilie: Have I just been crying over nothing in between worse episodes? Quite possibly, and that just feels stupid.
Annoyed I'm feeling a bit better for GP too, in a weird way? I don't know :s-smilie: Will try writing lots down now I guess about the last term.

:dontknow: :confused:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Doesn't sound like you've been crying over nothing :no: It sounds like you've suffered a lot of pain and anguish recently :console:

Original post by ScaryScience

What's up hun? :frown:
Doesn't sound like you've been crying over nothing :no: It sounds like you've suffered a lot of pain and anguish recently :console:

What's up hun? :frown:

Will text you later if that's ok. Hope you are ok xxxx
I am a bit annoyed at social work at the moment, waited about 3 months for them to give me a social worker, then when I got one I was told I am not entitled to carers like in old town which had different council, then every time you ring they almost never answer and if they do its office hours only! Trying to get hold of my social worker and the line just rings and rings.

There was a problem I had in November where I left phone at home and was meant to meet parents who had my house key and all I asked was for when I went to social work office for them to phone my parents for 10 seconds to tell them where to meet me and was given a snotty "just go a phone box" and when I mentioned I am a vulnerable person with a social worker they made me wait almost a hour and a half to speak to on duty social worker just for that person to just hand me a phone and let me ring parents!
Will text you later if that's ok. Hope you are ok xxxx

Sure no worries hun :penguinhug:

Original post by drbluebox
I am a bit annoyed at social work at the moment, waited about 3 months for them to give me a social worker, then when I got one I was told I am not entitled to carers like in old town which had different council, then every time you ring they almost never answer and if they do its office hours only! Trying to get hold of my social worker and the line just rings and rings.

There was a problem I had in November where I left phone at home and was meant to meet parents who had my house key and all I asked was for when I went to social work office for them to phone my parents for 10 seconds to tell them where to meet me and was given a snotty "just go a phone box" and when I mentioned I am a vulnerable person with a social worker they made me wait almost a hour and a half to speak to on duty social worker just for that person to just hand me a phone and let me ring parents!

That does sound pretty bad and useless of them :s-smilie:

Hope you're okay :jumphug:

Thanks TLG :hugs: Not sure, like I know its not been nothing when I've been worse, but just in between wondering if I should've been/should be trying harder to be better/even maybe just acknowledge that I'm maybe not as bad :s-smilie:
Hope you're okay :hugs: Sorry you've felt rough :frown: :console:

------------------

Been prescribed 10mg citalopram :s-smilie:
Ramble

Spoiler

Sorry for massive ramble. Just kinda :s-smilie: and confused about it all.
But also slightly optimistic/glad sort of because thinking that if it does help, then is really good for revision next term/exams?
Not sure quite what to expect though.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest