The Student Room Group

Speech & Language Therapy 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Higlet
Got rejected from Leeds - there explanation
"Your personal statement does not demonstrate the full range of attributes required for this course"
I was expecting it but I still feel annoyed that they never even gave me a shot at an interview. Hey ho, everything happens for a reason.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sorry to hear that, but at least you can now start planning.
Original post by Higlet
Yeah that's true!
To be honest, every course looks for something different and Manchester met answered so quickly I've obviously got what they want so while I'm a bit annoyed, it's not the end of the world.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah exactly! Every uni that met me offered me a place...yet I got three rejections purely from my application. So I'm just thinking that it's completely dependant on the individual who's reviewing applications in admissions! Good luck at Manc met!!
I just got rejected from Leeds as well, I will send them an email to get an explanation too. I think the long wait gave it away a bit!
Original post by aderyn96
I just got rejected from Leeds as well, I will send them an email to get an explanation too. I think the long wait gave it away a bit!

Sorry to hear that, good luck with your other applications
Original post by shropshirelass51
Sorry to hear that, but at least you can now start planning.

Yeah that's true! I'm more gutted that I now have to move out of Yorkshire hahaha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by izzydizzyyy
Yeah exactly! Every uni that met me offered me a place...yet I got three rejections purely from my application. So I'm just thinking that it's completely dependant on the individual who's reviewing applications in admissions! Good luck at Manc met!!

Same! Never thought of it that way!!
Thank you, I'm beginning to feel excited for going to Manchester met - at least I'd decided that was what I was going to do before I got the rejection, otherwise I would have been a sobbing mess haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Higlet
Yeah that's true!
To be honest, every course looks for something different and Manchester met answered so quickly I've obviously got what they want so while I'm a bit annoyed, it's not the end of the world.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sorry about Leeds - but you can now move forward and firm your choices and start to plan!

Its a weird trend I noticed last year that very few get accepted at both MMU and Leeds - looks like it may be continuing this year - its strange how they all seem to be looking at applications differently!

Come to MMU where you are wanted lol and bugger Leeds :biggrin:

Aww sorry to hear that! We were evidently just too good for them!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AmyPilot
Sorry about Leeds - but you can now move forward and firm your choices and start to plan!

Its a weird trend I noticed last year that very few get accepted at both MMU and Leeds - looks like it may be continuing this year - its strange how they all seem to be looking at applications differently!

Come to MMU where you are wanted lol and bugger Leeds :biggrin:

HAHAHAHA! Yeah exactly!!! Who needs Leeds when I can have MMU!!

Think I'm going to firm at the weekend once I've made definitely sure that's the one! But I'm pretty convinced on it!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sorry about Leeds - do you have any offers/are you waiting to hear from any others?

Good luck
Original post by Higlet
HAHAHAHA! Yeah exactly!!! Who needs Leeds when I can have MMU!!

Think I'm going to firm at the weekend once I've made definitely sure that's the one! But I'm pretty convinced on it!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Don't take Leeds too personal - its a hellish rollercoaster ride this applications business.

You will have to tell me your real first name sometime - cant be going into lectures next year shouting Higlet!
Sorry to hear about the rejections, but at least you can move forward and plan ahead for your exciting new venture! :smile:
Original post by nesca89
Sorry to hear about the rejections, but at least you can move forward and plan ahead for your exciting new venture! :smile:

Still no news?
Hahaha obviously we were! Guess we'll just have to wait and see for the rest of them!
Sorry about Leeds - do you have any offers/are you waiting to hear from any others?

Good luck

Waiting to hear from DMU, Newcastle and BCU - all of which I've had interviews for! So we shall see! Thank you :smile:
Still no news?

I think it's safe to assume that I am always the last to hear, so no, nothing. I'm not expecting anything until the end of March now. :tongue:
Original post by nesca89
I think it's safe to assume that I am always the last to hear, so no, nothing. I'm not expecting anything until the end of March now. :tongue:

Looks as if Leeds are getting round to replying so you never know - fingers crossed as always for you :smile:
Waiting to hear from DMU, Newcastle and BCU - all of which I've had interviews for! So we shall see! Thank you :smile:

Well good luck - hope you get some happy news soon.
Looks as if Leeds are getting round to replying so you never know - fingers crossed as always for you :smile:

Thank you :smile: I really want my mmu offer! So as someone said before if people apply to mmu and Leeds, they get into one or the other. In that case I wouldn't mind a rejection from leeds haha!
Original post by nesca89
Thank you :smile: I really want my mmu offer! So as someone said before if people apply to mmu and Leeds, they get into one or the other. In that case I wouldn't mind a rejection from leeds haha!

It was me that said about MMU/Leeds lol - it seemed that way to me last year but maybe I was looking for patterns that didn't exist! (Leeds did turn me down after all so maybe my views are tainted)

Just hope you get some good news soon

Quick Reply

Latest