The Student Room Group

Official Vacation Scheme Thread 2015!!!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4280
Hi everyone,

I would like to have your advice on what I should do next.

I had my interview for a vac scheme with Freshfields and Linklaters but I got rejected (first interview ever :/ ). However, I would still like to apply there next year, and my options as a non-law undergrad are either to apply directly for a TC there or try get a final year vac scheme in another firm before and apply the year after (knowing that I did not manage to secure any vac scheme this year). I really want to succeed in my TC applications and I am afraid that as they rejected me for the vac scheme they won't consider for the TC.

Also I had a low 2.1 in my first year but now I have a high first, could this also help?

Thank you for your help!
Original post by bibidi
I received an offer on Thursday.

Ahhh, congratulations! Did they get in touch by phone or email?
Original post by mcrlawstudent
Does anybody know what salary Freshfields pay for their summer vacation schemes? I can't seem to find any up to date information on it.

Just want to make sure before I book any accommodation for the summer!

Thanks.

I think it was £275 a week.
Original post by bibidi
I received an offer on Thursday.

Well done, that's good news. May I ask was it by phone or by email?
Just missed a call from a grad rec team. They didn't leave a voicemail or anything - should i call back? Or should I just wait for another call/email?
Reply 4285
Original post by wanttobelawyer
Just missed a call from a grad rec team. They didn't leave a voicemail or anything - should i call back? Or should I just wait for another call/email?

Call back - they'll be pleased not to have to keep chasing you

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Molsev
Have a face to face (post telephone) interview at Eversheds' regional office. Can anyone give an idea what type of questions they ask at this stage?

Congrats!! How did they inform you about the face to face? Did you get an email or they called you?
Reply 4287
Original post by TrainingChopeful
London and its in April :smile: if you don't mind, would it be possible to PM you after to see how it went"?

of course! also have u had experience at a dwf assessment centre?
How long have people waited after the eversheds telephone interview before they have heard anything?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by almvp
of course! also have u had experience at a dwf assessment centre?

Thank you :smile: I've actually never applied to dwf (Im not actually sure why not ha!) I'm sorry to be of no help but congrats on the assessment centre!
Original post by Jmartin9
How long have people waited after the eversheds telephone interview before they have heard anything?

Posted from TSR Mobile

For me it was 2 days but was told it could take anywhere up to 2 weeks.
Has anyone heard back from Dechert post interview?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4292
anyone heard from Eversheds (Manchester) post face to face?
Similar to Sian above, has anyone heard from Eversheds post face to face interview?
Original post by sparkykate
Similar to Sian above, has anyone heard from Eversheds post face to face interview?

Looks like there's a few of us in the same boat. I had my interview at the Manchester office on Tuesday 3rd March. They said they'd be in touch within a week to a week and a half so I'm hoping for a response by the end of this week.
Sorry - meant to clarify - post face to face for Eversheds Leeds office! :smile:
Original post by sparkykate
Sorry - meant to clarify - post face to face for Eversheds Leeds office! :smile:

I'm waiting to hear from eversheds Leeds too :smile:
Has anyone applied to Eversheds in Cardiff by any chance?
Original post by mrinvinicble
Looks like there's a few of us in the same boat. I had my interview at the Manchester office on Tuesday 3rd March. They said they'd be in touch within a week to a week and a half so I'm hoping for a response by the end of this week.

Ah right okay, thank you! I had my interview later than you, so I'd have thought I'll be waiting a little longer. Playing the waiting game is awful, I feel on edge all the time waiting for a call/email!
Original post by Kate1717
I'm waiting to hear from eversheds Leeds too :smile:

I hope they get back to us soon! When was your interview? :smile: I'd love to know how many people were interviewed, apparently there were more than 4,000 applications!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending