The Student Room Group

Speech & Language Therapy 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AmyPilot
It was me that said about MMU/Leeds lol - it seemed that way to me last year but maybe I was looking for patterns that didn't exist! (Leeds did turn me down after all so maybe my views are tainted)

Just hope you get some good news soon

Oh yeah you did say that haha. But you may have a point, I think in this awful process is easy to look for patterns in things though. Its what gets us through haha
Reply 2781
Hi guys just wondering how people heard from marjons was it a direct email or through track? I'm slowly going insane with the wait!! Lol
Original post by km10
Hi guys just wondering how people heard from marjons was it a direct email or through track? I'm slowly going insane with the wait!! Lol

I heard through track initially and then got a letter in the post about a week after my interview. They said they make their decisions pretty quickly - so maybe call them?
Reply 2783
Original post by izzydizzyyy
I heard through track initially and then got a letter in the post about a week after my interview. They said they make their decisions pretty quickly - so maybe call them?

Yeah I think I might! I cant pick up phone without checking track at the moment! 😉Thanks for your reply X
Original post by km10
Yeah I think I might! I cant pick up phone without checking track at the moment! ������Thanks for your reply X

When did you have your interview?
Reply 2785
Original post by madagascar
When did you have your interview?

It was 2 weeks ago on the 24th. I'm guessing I may be in a maybe pile?! I know they said they had another interview day coming up x
Original post by km10
It was 2 weeks ago on the 24th. I'm guessing I may be in a maybe pile?! I know they said they had another interview day coming up x

I remember at my interview them saying it could be 2 - 3 weeks before we'd hear as once they made their decisions it can take a while for admissions to process them. So hopefully you will hear very soon!
Reply 2787
Keeping my fingers crossed! Xx
Original post by Higlet
Got rejected from Leeds - there explanation
"Your personal statement does not demonstrate the full range of attributes required for this course"
I was expecting it but I still feel annoyed that they never even gave me a shot at an interview. Hey ho, everything happens for a reason.

Posted from TSR Mobile

At least you know now and you get get excited for Manchester!

It's Leed's loss.
Original post by JordanC55
At least you know now and you get get excited for Manchester!

It's Leed's loss.

Exactly!!! It's really begun to sink in today that this is it!!! No more maybe here maybe there but like actual this is happening!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AmyPilot
Don't take Leeds too personal - its a hellish rollercoaster ride this applications business.

You will have to tell me your real first name sometime - cant be going into lectures next year shouting Higlet!

HAHAHA! Maybe shouting Higlet across the room would be a good icebreaker!!

I'm just so glad that this is all nearly over! 3 months until exams then a few more till results then I can breathe! Haha!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Higlet
Exactly!!! It's really begun to sink in today that this is it!!! No more maybe here maybe there but like actual this is happening!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I get you 1million percent, when I started saying 'when' I go to Leicester rather than 'if' and suddenly I started to realise!

Just so crazy!
Original post by JordanC55
I get you 1million percent, when I started saying 'when' I go to Leicester rather than 'if' and suddenly I started to realise!

Just so crazy!

I'm not at the 'when' stage just yet...! Still terrified I'm not going to get the grades haha
Hopefully by mid August my if will be a when hehe!

I've literally firmed it just now as well... I was going to wait until the weekend and then I had one of those YOLO moments :')

Posted from TSR Mobile
Finally! I just received an unconditional offer from Sheffield!!! 😃

Posted from TSR Mobile
Fantastic news, you've certainly waited long enough for it. Good luck!
Original post by Clivia

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congratulations! :smile: well done
Anyone else doing an access course - since we receive our results before a levels does that mean we will have our places confirmed in like July?
Original post by Clivia
Finally! I just received an unconditional offer from Sheffield!!! ������

Posted from TSR Mobile

Brilliant! Well done :smile:
Reply 2798
Original post by Clivia

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well done!
Original post by izzydizzyyy
Anyone else doing an access course - since we receive our results before a levels does that mean we will have our places confirmed in like July?

i'm doing access - we've been told we'll get grades in August once they've been moderated. But anyhow, regardless of when, as soon as we can prove our grades to the unis our places will be confirmed

Quick Reply

Latest