The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

University of Edinburgh Offer Holders 2015 Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by workinggalilkley
Got mine for social anthropology, BBB rather than AAA :biggrin:

what did you get in your highers? and what subjects are you doing this year? well done and thank you xxx
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Original post by laratomkins12345
i appllied for sociology and social anthropology also, what did you get in your highers? and what are you taking this year?

thanks and well done x

I did a levels and was predicted A*A*AA

Edit: in maths, further maths, physics and economics (I know that's a strange combination for social science :wink:)

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by cora06140
Unconditional for neuroscience but which to chose, Edinburgh or St Andrews? Eeek! Anyone has any idea?

No one can help? First year entry in St Andrews or second year entry in Edinburgh.... This is so tough, how one earth do you chose? They are both great unis, the course is great at both, liked both campuses/towns when visiting, accommodation cost is roughly the same (bit higher in Edinburgh perhaps but it's only 3 years), help!!
@bxwie I've applied for English Lit and History however have not yet received an offer😰

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by bxwie
Hi, I have an conditional offer for English lit! I was super surprised - I was expecting a rejection. Anyone else doing English?

I have applied for English Literature and History however have not received an offer yet. What grades did you get last year ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by laratomkins12345
what did you get in your highers? and what subjects are you doing this year? well done and thank you xxx

Hi, I'm an English applicant so am doing A levels. Got AABC last year, predicted A* A* A this year. Thanks xx
Original post by bxwie
Hi, I have an conditional offer for English lit! I was super surprised - I was expecting a rejection. Anyone else doing English?

Hey congrats! I applied for english lit too, just wondering when you submitted your UCAS? I did mine right on the deadline and still haven't heard back. Did you just receive your offer?
I have an offer for education with history. Anyone else hear back for primary teaching?:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've had a conditional offer from Edinburgh o study Social Anthropology, is there anyone else here who wants to study Social Anth? I'm trying to decide between Edinburgh, Durham and St Andrews!
Original post by Ela Pari Huws
I've had a conditional offer from Edinburgh o study Social Anthropology, is there anyone else here who wants to study Social Anth? I'm trying to decide between Edinburgh, Durham and St Andrews!

Hi! I've got an offer for sociology and social anthropology and I believe there's another two offer holders in anthropology as well. I've also got an offer from Durham, but Edinburgh city attracts me more. Also Edinburgh seems to be more famous internationally. However Durham has the college system... I can't really decide as well :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've had an offer for Health, Science and Society! :smile: Has anyone else applied for this?

i am desperate to study social anthropology at edinburgh!! i got 3As 2Bs in my highers, sadly as I've not heard back!!:frown: how did you do in your exams?

well done!! what were your conditions?
Original post by Rovensie
Hi! I've got an offer for sociology and social anthropology and I believe there's another two offer holders in anthropology as well. I've also got an offer from Durham, but Edinburgh city attracts me more. Also Edinburgh seems to be more famous internationally. However Durham has the college system... I can't really decide as well :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah nice! Well I loved Durham when i visited and the college system seems to make it a lot easier to settle in and feel at home! But I really love Edinburgh so I don't know! Apparently in Scotland the first year is easier and isn't as heavy, which seems better, but I don't relly understand the differences aha!
Reply 293
I got an offer in Social Policy and Sociology and definitely leaning towards Edinburgh as my firm :smile:
Original post by laratomkinys12345
i am desperate to study social anthropology at edinburgh!! i got 3As 2Bs in my highers, sadly as I've not heard back!!:frown: how did you do in your exams?

well done!! what were your conditions?

Thank you, I had 3A's in my AS levels but they've offered me 3B's which I'm really suprised about, I didn't even expect an offer!
And don't worry I'm sure you'll hear from them soon!
Where else have you applied for?

Hi i'm doing maths and physics but have the same issue!! I can't decide between Edinburgh and St. Andrews :s-smilie:
Has anyone gotten any offers for Japanese or Japanese & Linguistics yet? - I haven't heard anything back and I'm getting quite anxious now.
Original post by cora06140
No one can help? First year entry in St Andrews or second year entry in Edinburgh.... This is so tough, how one earth do you chose? They are both great unis, the course is great at both, liked both campuses/towns when visiting, accommodation cost is roughly the same (bit higher in Edinburgh perhaps but it's only 3 years), help!!

I can't offer much insight into the courses.. But being from Edinburgh, it's a bigger city, more going on, more students. If that's what you're in to! A great mix of nationalities too. As you say, they're both great unis :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Aqua_Diamond
Has anyone gotten any offers for Japanese or Japanese & Linguistics yet? - I haven't heard anything back and I'm getting quite anxious now.

I'm a linguistics applicant and still waiting! Hope they'll start answering soon!
Original post by bmorollon
Hi i'm doing maths and physics but have the same issue!! I can't decide between Edinburgh and St. Andrews :s-smilie:

Yeah it's so hard to choose! Have you visited both unis?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending