The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVI

Scroll to see replies

Original post by purple-duck
Hope you're okay :jumphug:

Thanks TLG :hugs: Not sure, like I know its not been nothing when I've been worse, but just in between wondering if I should've been/should be trying harder to be better/even maybe just acknowledge that I'm maybe not as bad :s-smilie:
Hope you're okay :hugs: Sorry you've felt rough :frown: :console:

------------------

Been prescribed 10mg citalopram :s-smilie:
Ramble

Spoiler

Sorry for massive ramble. Just kinda :s-smilie: and confused about it all.
But also slightly optimistic/glad sort of because thinking that if it does help, then is really good for revision next term/exams?
Not sure quite what to expect though.

Posted from TSR Mobile

When i was at uni my dr said the main reason for being put on meds was to bring me to a level where i was able to work and do my degree so may be a similar situation to you :smile:

The only citalopram side effect i got was the yawns/insomnia

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ramble

Spoiler

Spoiler

Hope you're okay :jumphug:

Thanks TLG :hugs: Not sure, like I know its not been nothing when I've been worse, but just in between wondering if I should've been/should be trying harder to be better/even maybe just acknowledge that I'm maybe not as bad :s-smilie:
Hope you're okay :hugs: Sorry you've felt rough :frown: :console:

------------------

Ramble

Spoiler

But also slightly optimistic/glad sort of because thinking that if it does help, then is really good for revision next term/exams?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well done for going!

Spoiler

-------
So tired and low and anxious, got a rehearsal tonight I really don't want to go to but it's the last one before some big festival/concert thing I have two solos in but at this rate going to struggle to play at all let alone on my own or improvising and stuff. Should probably go just as a distraction if nothing else but still, meh :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Have to get the bus in 20minutes. All I want to do is crawl back to bed and hide. :frown:
Ramble

Spoiler

Posted from TSR Mobile

I really hope the citalopram helps you PD. When I started it I did feel nausea but also headaches and I got the most vivid dreams too so don't be too worried if that happens. Also, as someone already mentioned it can really destroy any alcohol tolerance you might have - a pint of beer was enough to get me ridiculously drunk when I took it: take it slow until you know how it effects you. good luck! :smile:
Original post by Sabertooth
Have to get the bus in 20minutes. All I want to do is crawl back to bed and hide. :frown:

You can do it, maybe even just walk to the bus now instead of waiting that way you're not sat worrying about having to go for another 15 minutes?
Original post by james1211
You can do it, maybe even just walk to the bus now instead of waiting that way you're not sat worrying about having to go for another 15 minutes?

Yeah, I think I will, good idea. :smile: Bus is 10minutes late and I'm just sitting here feeling ****ty, at least if I sit outside and be ****ty I can't "accidentally" get back into bed :tongue:
Original post by Sabertooth
Yeah, I think I will, good idea. :smile: Bus is 10minutes late and I'm just sitting here feeling ****ty, at least if I sit outside and be ****ty I can't "accidentally" get back into bed :tongue:

Exactly :smile: I used to do it when I didn't want to go to uni, I'd get up and get dressed even if I wasn't going to go because then at least I was a step closer to it if I changed my mind last second.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Sorted things out with my girlfriend now and calmed down a bit

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by james1211
Exactly :smile: I used to do it when I didn't want to go to uni, I'd get up and get dressed even if I wasn't going to go because then at least I was a step closer to it if I changed my mind last second.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Turns out that the bus came on time so was good I was there! :tongue: and hmm I might try that with hockey practice rather than hiding. Thanks for the advice.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2710
Original post by Anonymous
My first real issue with anxiety came when I had flu four years ago. I was stuck in bed for days and it really triggered anxiety like I had never, ever felt before.

My mental illness seemed to come from a physical illness too. I had encephalitis and it seems to have left a profound impact on my brain.
blah. not doing well. :emo:
Original post by ScaryScience
blah. not doing well. :emo:

You can poke me on Facebook if you need to. Done as much supervision (meeting with tutor) work for tomorrow as I can muster, so will just be pottering for the rest of the evening :gah:
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
You can poke me on Facebook if you need to. Done as much supervision (meeting with tutor) work for tomorrow as I can muster, so will just be pottering for the rest of the evening :gah:

thanks hun. feel really triggered so going to have grounding shower and then might poke you. hope you are okay :hugs:
Btw, hugs to all those who need them! :grouphugs:

Original post by ScaryScience
thanks hun. feel really triggered so going to have grounding shower and then might poke you. hope you are okay :hugs:

Sure lovely, hope the shower helps a bit :penguinhug:
Counselling tomorrow. :frown: 1000% dreading it.

Spoiler

(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Jay84
My mental illness seemed to come from a physical illness too. I had encephalitis and it seems to have left a profound impact on my brain.

Have you seen the tv show Hannibal? One of the characters had encephalitis and it resulted in confusion, loss of time and hallucinations, it was pretty interesting and I think it left its mark on him too.
Original post by CescaD96
Counselling tomorrow. :frown: 1000% dreading it.

Spoiler

Spoiler

You can also PM me if talking would help. Dinner aside, I'll most likely be on here...
(edited 9 years ago)
Dear you thread is kinda therapeutic :teehee:
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd

Spoiler

You can also PM me if talking would help. Dinner aside, I'll most likely be on here...

Spoiler

If it gets too bad, you'll be the first one to know.

Latest