The Student Room Group

Official Vacation Scheme Thread 2015!!!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sparkykate
Ah right okay, thank you! I had my interview later than you, so I'd have thought I'll be waiting a little longer. Playing the waiting game is awful, I feel on edge all the time waiting for a call/email!

It seems as though the Manchester and leeds offices have done their interviews much sooner than some of the others. I know friends who are still in the process of face to face interviews in the other offices.

I'm exactly the same. Hoping for a positive outcome! How did your interview go? Were the questions mainly competency based?
Original post by Sian.
anyone heard from Eversheds (Manchester) post face to face?

I had my face to face interview in Manchester last Tuesday, still waiting to hear back. When was yours?
Original post by JKRP11
I know I keep asking and no one has replied, but has anyone heard anything from Debevoise yet? Had AC there last Monday, dying to hear back !

Someone I know at uni has an offer, I believe they were contacted the day after the AC. Good luck!
Reply 4303
Original post by mrinvinicble
I had my face to face interview in Manchester last Tuesday, still waiting to hear back. When was yours?

Hi

I had my interview last Tuesday at Manchester too. Still waiting to hear- wasn't told how long we would be waiting for an outcome on the day was you?
Original post by Sian.
Hi

I had my interview last Tuesday at Manchester too. Still waiting to hear- wasn't told how long we would be waiting for an outcome on the day was you?

I asked them and they replied 'I can't tell you honestly but we are looking at getting back to you within a week to a week and a half'. Did you have the graduate recruitment manager and a real estate partner for the interview?
Reply 4305
I asked them and they replied 'I can't tell you honestly but we are looking at getting back to you within a week to a week and a half'. Did you have the graduate recruitment manager and a real estate partner for the interview?

Ok so hopefully end of this week/into next week!

No I had a partner from corporate and a senior associate from commercial.
Original post by Sian.
Ok so hopefully end of this week/into next week!

No I had a partner from corporate and a senior associate from commercial.

I hope it's sooner rather than later. I hate waiting! Hoping for a positive outcome. How was the interview? Were your questions competency based?
Reply 4307
I hope it's sooner rather than later. I hate waiting! Hoping for a positive outcome. How was the interview? Were your questions competency based?

Same I keep checking my emails! Did they say email or phone call?

Yes mainly competency and then a couple of commercial ones! I think everyone gets asked the same questions as the questions are scripted?
Reply 4308
Original post by lawwwwwwwwgal
Has anyone heard back from Forsters post AC?

I had my AC on Friday and they said we won't hear back for around 2 weeks as the meeting to decide who gets the vac schemes isn't until next monday x
Reply 4309
Has anyone heard back from Stephenson Harwood post-interview? What are those guys doing??
Reply 4310
Has anyone heard from Boodle post video interview? Been over 2 weeks since mine
What type of commercial based questions are people being asked? Are they mainly topical around Grexit and tax evasion?
still nothing from white & case this is crazy, anyone else for white & case?
Reply 4313
Has anybody heard anything from Weightmans yet? I noticed that they've introduced an online test as part of the process, does anyone know what format this will be? ie. Watson glaser, situational judgment etc?
Original post by Tudd
Has anybody heard anything from Weightmans yet? I noticed that they've introduced an online test as part of the process, does anyone know what format this will be? ie. Watson glaser, situational judgment etc?

Nothing from Weightmans yet either, when did you submit your application? I also noticed on the website it mentions just application and online assessment before being offered a Vac Scheme? I always feel it's a bit unusual when there is no face to face interview or assessment before being offered a Vac Scheme.
Original post by Sian.
Same I keep checking my emails! Did they say email or phone call?

Yes mainly competency and then a couple of commercial ones! I think everyone gets asked the same questions as the questions are scripted?

No they didn't mention email or phone but I assume it'll be email based on some research I've done.

Yeh my interview was similar, commercial questions included how would you recommend the firm turns revenue into profit? Generally it was a good mix of competency and commercial awareness.

I really hope for a response sooner than later....let me know when you hear back.
Original post by martha789
Has anyone applied to Eversheds in Cardiff by any chance?

I have. Still waiting for a response after my Telephone Interview!
Original post by adriennbrigden
I have. Still waiting for a response after my Telephone Interview!

thank god I'm not alone! when was yours? How did it go?
Original post by martha789
thank god I'm not alone! when was yours? How did it go?

Everyone has talked about other offices so I have not known what to expect. It was on 27 February, and I think that it went ok - fingers crossed! When was yours and how did you find it?
Original post by adriennbrigden
Everyone has talked about other offices so I have not known what to expect. It was on 27 February, and I think that it went ok - fingers crossed! When was yours and how did you find it?

Mine was on 28th! Considering it was my first telephone interview ever, I think it went ok. We'll see, I really don't know what to expect! Fingers crossed for yours!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending