The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by KiiMoZz
I read on the linkedin of someone who's barclays spring week was converted last year, that she was one of 4 out of over a hundred spring interns to be converted. Do you guys think this is true? That the conversion rate is so low, like less than 5%!?!? :frown:

Definitely a lie

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Aenigma
Definitely a lie

Posted from TSR Mobile

Talking of Barclays, is anyone still waiting after the final round interview?
Original post by gerald131
Talking of Barclays, is anyone still waiting after the final round interview?

Yep
Original post by Woody1055
Typically how long after an RBS interview did people receive offers?

If you get past the interview stage (they'll inform you if you did, within 3 days of your interview), they'd send you an email saying they will confirm whether or not you have been offered a place on the programme in February. For instance, I had my interview on the 3rd of Jan, I was informed that I got through the interview stage within 3 days and received an email confirming that I've been offered the place, on ~the 27th of Feb.

Sent from my iPhone
Original post by silvertko
Has anybody received this messaged when attempting to apply for the BAML summer insight week - "Thank you for your previous application. Unfortunately we are only processing one application per recruiting year for each candidate. Please login to the communication centre below to check the status of your previous application". If so, how have you managed to get around it?

My Spring Week application at BAML was rejected. I applied for Summer, and they said they're processing my application. I didn't receive anything of that sort yet.

When did you receive this message? And, when did you apply for Summer?

Sent from my iPhone
Did anyone else get an email from BP regarding change in trading function?
Original post by IB Fanboy
Did anyone else get an email from BP regarding change in trading function?

Are you talking about BP IST week or something else?
when does baml summer shut?
Original post by KiiMoZz
I read on the linkedin of someone who's barclays spring week was converted last year, that she was one of 4 out of over a hundred spring interns to be converted. Do you guys think this is true? That the conversion rate is so low, like less than 5%!?!? :frown:

A friend did it. She was one of 4 people to be offered a summer internship that same year, e.g. Spring week 2014 and summer intern 2014. So it is true.
It's doesn't concern those who converted for summer 2015
Original post by KiiMoZz

This is misleading.

An extremely limited number of people who do Barclays Spring Programme are extended offers to do a Summer Internship in their first year.

The conversion rate of people from the Spring Programme to a Summer Internship in their second year is in line with market, if not above.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does rothschild convert? I've never heard anything about it
Original post by cupsoftea
Are you talking about BP IST week or something else?

Yes, IST Week
Yes, IST Week

What did the email say, I didn't get one?
What did the email say, I didn't get one?

Oh - when did you submit your app?
Original post by UniStudent93
A friend did it. She was one of 4 people to be offered a summer internship that same year, e.g. Spring week 2014 and summer intern 2014. So it is true.
It's doesn't concern those who converted for summer 2015

Oh yeah, I know what you mean but it's not available to everyone so I would just not take it into account for anyone doing Barclays unless you fit certain criteria it's unlikely you'll get the opportunity

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Aenigma
Oh yeah, I know what you mean but it's not available to everyone so I would just not take it into account for anyone doing Barclays unless you fit certain criteria it's unlikely you'll get the opportunity

Posted from TSR Mobile

Do you know what that criteria is?

I heard it was under represented/working class/state school sort of backgrounds.
Oh - when did you submit your app?

Ages ago, I have a place for it

What is the change?
Ages ago, I have a place for it

What is the change?

Nothing much then, just the fact that I probably submitted too late.
RBC telephone interview anyone?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7919
Yes on the 16th and u ?

Latest