University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham

Birmingham firmers?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Original post by Belsey
I am! :smile: Have you received your DBS form yet? Still waiting on mine

Cool, I was starting to think there was no one else on here haha! I haven't either, wondering whether to just be patient or contact them.
Is your offer conditional or unconditional?

Posted from TSR Mobile
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham
Reply 101
Original post by Abbie .
Cool, I was starting to think there was no one else on here haha! I haven't either, wondering whether to just be patient or contact them.
Is your offer conditional or unconditional?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know right! Ah same here. I keep checking to see if it's arrived, but to no avail :')
It's unconditional if I firm them - which I did :smile: How about you?
Original post by Belsey
I know right! Ah same here. I keep checking to see if it's arrived, but to no avail :')

Wow!! What grades do you have?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 103
Original post by Belsey

Haha maybe we're just impatient! Ah great :smile: unconditional too!
Have you applied for accommodation yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 104
Original post by Abbie .
Haha maybe we're just impatient! Ah great :smile: unconditional too!
Have you applied for accommodation yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes I think that may be the case :tongue: Yay! I'll be seeing you there then :wink:
Not yet, have you? Still not sure which I want to go for
Reply 105
Original post by Belsey
Yes I think that may be the case :tongue: Yay! I'll be seeing you there then :wink:
Not yet, have you? Still not sure which I want to go for

You will indeed :biggrin: exciting!
Yeah, I wasn't too sure either but wanted to get it applied for. Gunna go to the accommodation open day at the end of April and decide properly though! Will you be going to that?

Posted from TSR Mobile
If there are any firmers for Modern Languages inbox me of you are interested in joining a Whatsapp/Facebook chat group to meet future fellow class mates :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Leanne1455
If there are any firmers for Modern Languages inbox me of you are interested in joining a Whatsapp/Facebook chat group to meet future fellow class mates :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Maybe :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by allievy
Thank you so much for the advice!

I don't plan on working abroad (actually UK is pretty "abroad" for me, I'm an EU student) and as far as my instincts go, my gut says Birmingham. Unfortunately I couldn't go to any open days which is what makes my decision so much harder. And finances really would be a problem for me since I'm from a pretty low income family compared to UK prices, especially in London.
Again, thank you for your help, I am now closer to making a decision :smile:

If you're worried about not having gone to any open days, I wouldn't be concerned because you don't really find out that much. In the case of most unis you can watch talks and taster lectures on YouTube, as well as interviews with students etc which is pretty much the same as what you'd do at an open day. ( I went to a joint honours open day at Birmingham and you just had a 30 min talk and 30 min lecture for each subject).
Also, if you have any questions you can email or phone the uni department or a specific member of staff - their contact details are on the uni website. :smile:

Where are you from?
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 110
Original post by Zeldork
If you're worried about not having gone to any open days, I wouldn't be concerned because you don't really find out that much. In the case of most unis you can watch talks and taster lectures on YouTube, as well as interviews with students etc which is pretty much the same as what you'd do at an open day. ( I went to a joint honours open day at Birmingham and you just had a 30 min talk and 30 min lecture for each subject).
Also, if you have any questions you can email or phone the uni department or a specific member of staff - their contact details are on the uni website. :smile:

Where are you from?

I'm from Romania :smile: So are you going to Birmingham then? (couldn't really tell if you're already a student or not)
Original post by allievy
I'm from Romania :smile: So are you going to Birmingham then? (couldn't really tell if you're already a student or not)

Oh sorry... no I'm not a student there at the moment but I've firmed an unconditional offer for English and Philosophy, so that's where I'll be heading in September :ahee:
Reply 112
Original post by Zeldork
Oh sorry... no I'm not a student there at the moment but I've firmed an unconditional offer for English and Philosophy, so that's where I'll be heading in September :ahee:

Wow, that's wonderful, congrats on your unconditional!! :h: Well that's where I'm headed too (yes, I've finally made up my mind), so maybe I'll see you there then :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending