The Student Room Group

Do all Medicine students pay only £4500 per year?

And is this the same for all Dentistry students as well? Do Medicine students of both types of course (5 year and 6 year) pay only £4500 per year? I'm just curious to know as I have a friend who told me this.
No, they don't.
Original post by Raymat
And is this the same for all Dentistry students as well? Do Medicine students of both types of course (5 year and 6 year) pay only £4500 per year? I'm just curious to know as I have a friend who told me this.

No one pays £4500. The fees are £9000 a year.
Original post by ForestCat
No one pays £4500. The fees are £9000 a year.

I heard from somewhere due to funding from NHS their fees get cut down by half or is that only for certain individuals.
Original post by Raymat
I heard from somewhere due to funding from NHS their fees get cut down by half or is that only for certain individuals.

Graduates on a graduate entry course get contribution to their fees, from the NHS, from year two onwards. Undergraduates get their fees paid by the NHS from 5th year onwards.
Graduates on a graduate entry course get contribution to their fees, from the NHS, from year two onwards. Undergraduates get their fees paid by the NHS from 5th year onwards.

But only £3000 of the £9000 total, you still have to stump up the other £6000 (or take out loans)
Original post by Spencer Wells
But only £3000 of the £9000 total, you still have to stump up the other £6000 (or take out loans)

Indeed. We still get student loads for the remainder, unlike the poor grads on the 5 year courses.
Reply 7
Indeed. We still get student loads for the remainder, unlike the poor grads on the 5 year courses.

I see what you did there :teehee:
Original post by Raymat

No I pay nothing because the Scottish government pays for me :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
I wish! Nope, £9000 for medics, unlike the nurses or paramedics who get their courses free.

The NHS does pay for your 5th year, and £9000 is still a small fraction of what it costs to train a doctor a year.
Reply 10
Original post by Asklepios

And I pay nothing because there are no tuition fees here. Jammy **** number 2 checking in. :biggrin:
Reply 11
Smug Scottish ****s. At moments like these I like to reflect on the American system and the private medical schools that have commenced here. Ah that's better :wink:
Original post by Asklepios

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wait a second? Medicine at Scottish universities is free of charge?! No tuition fees?!
Original post by Ronove
And I pay nothing because there are no tuition fees here. Jammy **** number 2 checking in. :biggrin:

What country are you from and is Medicine in your country free of charge so no tuition fees?
Original post by Raymat
Wait a second? Medicine at Scottish universities is free of charge?! No tuition fees?!

All undergraduate courses are free in Scotland.*

*NB: This only to residents of Scotland and EU countries other than the UK, people in the rest of UK have to pay whatever they would pay in their own state.
Reply 15
Original post by Raymat
What country are you from and is Medicine in your country free of charge so no tuition fees?

The UK and no. :colone:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending