The Student Room Group

Qts skills test- Literacy

Hey!
I recently took my literacy skills test but failed by 2%. My weakest points were spelling and punctuation. None of the words I had looked at came up, so I was wondering whether anyone could tell me what words they had in their test.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Tiffanyjadee
Hey!
I recently took my literacy skills test but failed by 2%. My weakest points were spelling and punctuation. None of the words I had looked at came up, so I was wondering whether anyone could tell me what words they had in their test.

I am doing my on Wednesday.

What words did you get then??
Hey guys!

I did mine today and passed. My spelling were:

Also, I did more than the 15 set punctuation and it was OK. If it helps, just do more than the 15.

Grammar was easy and the comprehension was about internet safety.

The test was sooooo much easier than I thought. ;-) Good luck
Reply 3
Original post by xjay1234

they like to make words as long as they can i got words like :

Breaking News

I rescheduled my Literacy Skills Test for May lol

I just did not feel ready O.O

I am more then ready for the Numeracy Test (Saturday)

But thanks for the spellings! And well done!

Original post by JazD123
they like to make words as long as they can i got words like :
negatively
fascinating
punishments
acknowledgements
WELL DONE!

I rescheduled mine for May.

Yeah I have seen those words in the spelling test in other threads :smile:

Well done.

I am ready for the Numeracy Test come Saturday!

Original post by missie_2004
Hey guys!

insufficiencies
collaboration
sophisticated
independent
surveillance
persistence
inattentive

Also, I did more than the 15 set punctuation and it was OK. If it helps, just do more than the 15.

Hey guys!

Well done on passing! I hope I pass mine next Wednesday!
I had words such as;

I can't remember most of them but they were words I have never heard before!

Hey!
If you're struggling with Literacy or feel you don't know enough try Steve's Learning. It's a website focused on passing the literacy test! I have found it a big help and recommend it to anyone who doesn't already know about it!

Good luck with your numeracy, the exam is much easier than the practice ones!
Pretty much all the spellings I had are listed here and on the other skills thread. My advice with the punctuation is to focus on the basics: capital letters for proper nouns, correct structuring of lists, know how to use apostrophes correctly and make sure that quotation marks and parentheses have pairs. I think alot of this section is about attention to detail so take your time with it and revisit it if you can.

Passed mine last sat :smile:
Also remember there are 15 errors so find 15 things to change
Well done on passing! I hope I pass mine next Wednesday!
I had words such as;
Gregarious,
legendary,
simultaneously.

I can't remember most of them but they were words I have never heard before!

Wow! I would not have passed with words like that. Even if your spellings are really difficult, focus on the other areas. Good luck and lets us know how you get on.
Hey,

Funnily enough I failed my literacy, when I had been getting high percentage point on the practice, by 4 points.
My weakness were:
Spelling;
Punctuation;
Comprehension.

I found it ridiculously hard so can anyone please gives me some tips in those areas?

Thanks,

Sally.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by PrimaryEdSally
Hey,

Funnily enough I failed my literacy, when I had been getting high percentage point on the practice, by 4 points.
My weakness were:
Spelling;
Punctuation;
Comprehension.

I found it ridiculously hard so can anyone please gives me some tips in those areas?

Thanks,

Sally.

I honestly think that there are a few difficult tests. A few of my friends failed first time and they were shocked by how easy mine was. Good luck. I am a big believer in positive thoughts. Think positive :smile:
Also, I know I should not keep saying this but I read on here that one guy added more than 15 punctuation points....so I did the same and wasn't pulled up on it! :biggrin:
I honestly think that there are a few difficult tests. A few of my friends failed first time and they were shocked by how easy mine was. Good luck. I am a big believer in positive thoughts. Think positive :smile:

My friend suggested I may have taken a harder test and just put it down to bad luck. I hope that the next one I get will be better :'(

Do the tests differentiate frequently or will there be similarities to my previous attempt?

Thanks Missie,

Sally.
My friend suggested I may have taken a harder test and just put it down to bad luck. I hope that the next one I get will be better :'(

Do the tests differentiate frequently or will there be similarities to my previous attempt?

Thanks Missie,

Sally.

I'm not sure how accurate this is but I heard your first test is often more difficult because you have to pay for the second one
It is not even that.

It is just the spelling! Cos I want to learn all the potential spellings. I learn all the spelling PRE Learndirect take over! So now I am learning all the POST Learndirect words that I am seeing and learning :smile:

That is why I give myself till May! By then I will learn all the new LEARNDIRECT words :smile:

Hey!
If you're struggling with Literacy or feel you don't know enough try Steve's Learning. It's a website focused on passing the literacy test! I have found it a big help and recommend it to anyone who doesn't already know about it!

Good luck with your numeracy, the exam is much easier than the practice ones!
It is not even that.

It is just the spelling! Cos I want to learn all the potential spellings. I learn all the spelling PRE Learndirect take over! So now I am learning all the POST Learndirect words that I am seeing and learning :smile:

That is why I give myself till May! By then I will learn all the new LEARNDIRECT words :smile:

Ok, brill. How do I get all the spellings though? Do you have a link?
I'm not sure how accurate this is but I heard your first test is often more difficult because you have to pay for the second one

I was actually considering that my self!

Thanks Missie,

Sally.

Hi ya,

I don't think its down to differentiation, just luck.

Like I have written before, I am half deaf so couldn't believe my luck with my spellings. I had a friend, who is 38 and amazing at spelling, fail on her first attempt and that was when punctuation was taken out. It really knocked her confidents. She passed second time.

Sally, when is your test?

Quick Reply

Latest