The Student Room Group

Which degree is most respected by investment banks?

Poll

choose

We all know that investment banks like graduates from Oxbridge, Imperial, LSE, UCL and a few other good universities? Which course do they admire the most?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Economics...?

(I doubt the degree plays any role though)
BSc Investment Banking
Original post by minor bun engine
BSc Investment Banking

Is there even such a degree?
Original post by *Stefan*
Economics...?

(I doubt the degree plays any role though)

I added a poll, you might want to vote.
Daddy knowing the directors isn't an option on your poll XD
Original post by Zachary T-H
Daddy knowing the directors isn't an option on your poll XD

What do you mean by that? So networking is an important aspect of being able to get the job?
Why is Actuarial Science an option? I'd say Accounting and Finance (just because it has Finance in it).
Original post by Raymat
What do you mean by that? So networking is an important aspect of being able to get the job?

you need the grades and a respected degree to get in, but, knowing the right people will definitely help you get a job in such a competitive industry. Especially in regards to getting work experience and internships (which obviously help you get a job). The same counts for most city jobs now (law, marketing etc).
Original post by Imperion
Why is Actuarial Science an option? I'd say Accounting and Finance (just because it has Finance in it).

Because Actuarial Science is a very Mathsy degree.
Original post by Raymat
Because Actuarial Science is a very Mathsy degree.

lol Engineering is a mathsy degree and it isn't there. Apart from risk assessment, I have no idea why it's there.
lol Engineering is a mathsy degree and it isn't there. Apart from risk assessment, I have no idea why it's there.

What? Engineering is there on my list. Can't you see?
Original post by Raymat
What? Engineering is there on my list. Can't you see?

Oh damn, sorry, my bad :facepalm: A&F still your best bet. :tongue:
First Class?
Oh damn, sorry, my bad :facepalm: A&F still your best bet. :tongue:

So you were actually going to choose engineering. Which type of engineering course fo you think is good for IB?
Original post by Raiden10
First Class?

But which degree though?
Original post by Raymat
So you were actually going to choose engineering. Which type of engineering course fo you think is good for IB?

lol no. I still stick to my choice. If not IB(Cass offers it), I'd probably go A&F.
lol no. I still stick to my choice. If not IB(Cass offers it), I'd probably go A&F.

I didn't know there was actually a degree in Investment Banking. How come those prestigious universities don't offer it?
Reply 18
Maths and Economics
Original post by kyoti
Maths and Economics

Oh damn!! Should have wrote Economics [and Mathematics] and not Economics alone. Can I edit it?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending