Manchester
Reply 81
Original post by Reeny26
I haven't heard back from Manchester :/
good luck.
Reply 82
Original post by Reeny26
I haven't heard back from Manchester :/

No me neither, when did you apply? and for what branch? ive applied for childrens :smile:
Reply 83
Original post by Caz701
No me neither, when did you apply? and for what branch? ive applied for childrens :smile:

December and I applied for adult
Reply 84
I also applied for adult in December
Original post by Lange88
Hi everyone, this is going to be a strange one but here goes!

Congrats on everyone who was offered a place. But do you all have masses of experience or whatever? I only ask as I applied for Adult Nursing at Manchester and I've just been rejected without even being offered an interview. I'm not trying to sound arrogant but I'm genuinely quite surprised. I already work for the NHS, I've been an HCA at a GP surgery for a few years, I'm well versed in the NHS core values, have a very good skill set, and basically I'm very experienced at a lot of the things nurses already do. I got good GCSE and A-level results, an excellent reference letter from my lead GP too.

I'm pretty stunned and disappointed as Manchester was going to be my first choice!

It does sound surprising, though it should be noted that nursing at Manchester is horribly competitive.

I'd suggest emailing the department for feedback so that you can work out where you went wrong.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ilunn1
Hey guys, had an interview on the 19th and got an offer today for children's nursing! :smile: If anyone has any questions about the interview feel free to ask, good luck everyone xx

Well done for your offer! I have an interview tomorrow for children's nursing and was wondering what the group interview is like. What sort of questions did they ask and what do people wear? How were the numeracy and literacy tests? So nervous! xx
Reply 87
Hi I had my interview for childrens nursing on the 18th. i think we were in the same group interview too. your name looks familiar. i got an offer today and i was just wondering if it went well for you? :smile: x
Reply 88
Hello:smile:
Well done to everyone getting offers and interviews. I have got an interview coming up on the 18th March.
I was just wondering if anyone could tell me what sort of questions they ask in the group interview, as I'm quite worried about it.
Thank you in advance :smile:
Reply 89
Original post by ceblanc
Hello:smile:
Well done to everyone getting offers and interviews. I have got an interview coming up on the 18th March.
I was just wondering if anyone could tell me what sort of questions they ask in the group interview, as I'm quite worried about it.
Thank you in advance :smile:

Hi, I have an interview on the 18th too 😃 is it for children's?
Reply 90
just firmed manchester for adult nursing, i'm just worried I won't get the grades!! I need BBC and at the moment I'm getting like CCD!! Why did I take chemistry biology and maths?! :frown:
Original post by gian121
I got an offer too :smile: I shouldn't worry about the Literacy test. I barely finished the first question and wrote like 4 lines on the second question. However, I think the test is just there to determine whether we can write fluently, and form a paragraph using basic Literacy skills (grammar, punctuation, vocab etc).

Interview went good. I was literally the only boy amongst about 50-70 other applicants. They started with "why do you want to be a nurse". Really, you should have an idea on what your answer would be for this. Personally, I prepared a whole paragraph to say, which I messed up by fumbling over my words and forgetting the other half of the reason why I chose to do nursing haha.

After that, they were all scenario questions in a form of an open discussion. However, there was one question where they asked us individually, and they picked what order of people to do it in. I was picked last, which was really difficult as everyone have already said everything there was to say, but I managed to think outside the box and pull something out.

After having done 2 interviews (UoM and MMU) and getting offers, I have learnt that they are interested in the skill set you have acquired that will make you a good nurse. You should try and use things like your A levels, academic qualities, extra curricular activities to link it with. Trust me, there is always something. I managed to incorporate having done English Lit, and Dance for A level into it and they were very impressed with the links I've made (judging from their reaction).

Also, the health education are enforcing the NHS core values into new uni students, ALL AROUND THE COUNTRY IN EVERY SINGLE UNIVERSITY, whether they say it or not, they are looking for qualities that link with these values. Some such as MMU, were very focused on their decision for offers on the idea of how much the applicants reflect and show qualities of the NHS core values.

Having thought that I did really bad, and literally mumbled and stumbled over my words, I got an offer the following day after the interview, which I'm really happy about :smile:

If you have anymore questions, don't hesitate on messaging me :smile:

P.S - IT'S NOT AS BAD AS YOU THINK

Gian xoxo (Adult nursing applicant)

Hey, WOW! Thanks that helped a lot :smile: what were the scenario questions like? can you give me examples please:smile: i have my interview soon.. thanks in advance!!!
Just got offered an interview! can anyone tell me about the questions and what theyre like please?
and for people who havent heard back, i suggest you email them, as thats what i did and a few days later i got offered an interview :smile:
Reply 93
Original post by Caz701
Hi, I have an interview on the 18th too 😃 is it for children's?

Yes it is:smile: I'm guessing that's what you've applied for too?:smile:
Reply 94
Original post by ceblanc
Yes it is:smile: I'm guessing that's what you've applied for too?:smile:

Yeah it is :smile:
Reply 95
Original post by Caz701
Yeah it is :smile:

Aw I shall see you there then:smile: are you nervous?
Reply 96
Original post by ceblanc
Aw I shall see you there then:smile: are you nervous?

Yeah you will :smile: where you from? And yes a little cos I really want manchester
Reply 97
Original post by Caz701
Yeah you will :smile: where you from? And yes a little cos I really want manchester

Cumbria, how about you? And aw well I guess we can only try our best:smile:
Reply 98
Original post by ceblanc
Cumbria, how about you? And aw well I guess we can only try our best:smile:

Barnsley, like near sheffield haha! So you will be moving into halls then? And yes we can so good luck :smile:
Reply 99
Original post by Caz701
Barnsley, like near sheffield haha! So you will be moving into halls then? And yes we can so good luck :smile:

Ah okay:smile: yes I will be, how about you? And you too!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending