The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4540
Original post by dumb cabbage
Is your main title together or and apart? I'm doing gcse textiles and that's mine, have exam in the the next two weeks :/ what do you need help with exactly?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes that's my title, I really need an idea for my final piece, I have got some but they are not very good, we are starting our developing part of our final idea this week, and I still don't have a strong idea

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4541
Original post by SSAA9
Yes that's my title, I really need an idea for my final piece, I have got some but they are not very good, we are starting our developing part of our final idea this week, and I still don't have a strong idea

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hiya I'm 'Iamthebraincell' and in Year 11 too. I'm studying English, English lit, History, German, French, Maths, Triple Science, Welsh, and Classical Greek.
Hobbies include reading and many many Fandoms.
Hoping to study medicine or maths in the future. For A-levels I would like to take: Maths, Chemistry, Biology, French(definite) then either Further Maths or Physics. :smile:
I really like year 11 and I have started to revise for Summer (don't ask me how I did it.)
Original post by iamthebraincel
Hiya I'm 'Iamthebraincell' and in Year 11 too. I'm studying English, English lit, History, German, French, Maths, Triple Science, Welsh, and Classical Greek.
Hobbies include reading and many many Fandoms.
Hoping to study medicine or maths in the future. For A-levels I would like to take: Maths, Chemistry, Biology, French(definite) then either Further Maths or Physics. :smile:
I really like year 11 and I have started to revise for Summer (don't ask me how I did it.)

A few years ago, I too wanted to do either Maths or Medicine. Am now pursuing the latter now though in a few months time. Both are great options. :yep: If you have any questions regarding Medicine applications or things though, feel free to ask. :smile:

Welcome to the site! :biggrin:

Original post by hoafanuk
Hola everyone, does anybody know where I can find the grade boundaries for June 2014 0500 CIE first language english?

Sadly, we have always had trouble finding the CIE grade boundaries when publishing them on TSR. :frown: I'm afraid that I don't think they properly publish them to students (I will very happily be proven wrong by someone though).
Original post by xx_xx_sarah
Does anyone know any good english revision websites.

Posted from TSR Mobile

What exam board are you with?
Original post by dumb cabbage
Awh haha, how did you screw up if you don't mind me asking? You're allowed to redo it? :O I need some advice for it, I just wrote mine up it seems quite good I think it's like four minutes when I timed I just need to learn it now :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lol... I spoke fluently, but according to my teacher it was monotonal... I didn't use a variety of tones and vocal texture... I also couldn't explain what I was talking about properly and when I got questioned, I didn't know how to answer the question.
Hi I'm Molly! I'm taking Maths, English Lit and Lang, Triple Science, French, Geography, Computing and RE. Im also taking Further Maths Level 2 and Fine Art GCSEs in my own time and I have so much to do! How are you all managing stress levels at the moment because I'm not doing that too well ngl:/
Original post by mollyrt
Hi I'm Molly! I'm taking Maths, English Lit and Lang, Triple Science, French, Geography, Computing and RE. Im also taking Further Maths Level 2 and Fine Art GCSEs in my own time and I have so much to do! How are you all managing stress levels at the moment because I'm not doing that too well ngl:/

Hi! :biggrin: To be honest, I'm just muddling through xD I do all the work I get set that night (well, I try), and I'm working uber hard on my controlled assessment. Besides that, I just work through stress, it's a surprisingly good reliever. And running. Don't forget the running

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SampleX
Hi! :biggrin: To be honest, I'm just muddling through xD I do all the work I get set that night (well, I try), and I'm working uber hard on my controlled assessment. Besides that, I just work through stress, it's a surprisingly good reliever. And running. Don't forget the running

Posted from TSR Mobile

Can I ask what the best technique for revision is or what works for you because I am trying everything and getting decent grades but not great grades.
Original post by Kvllum
Hey dude I'm back after my French Coursework is done! Could you tell me what my numbers are looking like now, I've just finished my French Writing that I had to do.

Writing 1 = 28/30
Writing 2 = 30/30
Speaking 1 = 27/30
Speaking 2 = 38/30

What UMS am I on now and what would I need in the exams for an A* overall? :smile: if you don't want to go through the trouble of calculating it all, could you please link me to a UMS converter? Thanks (AQA GCSE French btw)

UMS converter is here - you can use the UMS conversion for June 2014 Grade Boundaries.

see the GCSE French 'spec at a glance' here to make sure you convert raw to UMS for the right units - speaking and writing are out of 60 each.

Add up the UMS for speaking and writing. Take it from 270. Then use the UMS for the reading and listening UMS boundaries to see what raw you'd need to make up the number you have just calculates. FOR THAT SERIES you should now be able to see what MINIMUM marks you'd need on the reading and listening. Dont rely on this too heavily though - the UMS boundaries for the exam modules are subject to drastic change each year
Original post by mollyrt

I do a sport which helps.

I'm also pretty chilled about the whole exam thing - just think, every day coming closer to your exams is a day closer to that big long summer :ahee: that is literally what's getting me through!
Original post by Steliata
I do a sport which helps.

I'm also pretty chilled about the whole exam thing - just think, every day coming closer to your exams is a day closer to that big long summer :ahee: that is literally what's getting me through!

That's actually quite a good way to see it :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
How're things going for you lot? I hope nerves haven't kicked in too badly yet or anything? :smile:
Original post by DukeM17
Can I ask what the best technique for revision is or what works for you because I am trying everything and getting decent grades but not great grades.

I tend to make summary notes on each topic, and then once I've learnt them I do past paper questions. I also make flash cards and watch YouTube videos, like Mr Bruff and my GCSE science. Hope this helped :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by usycool1
How're things going for you lot? I hope nerves haven't kicked in too badly yet or anything? :smile:

I'm alive, which is a start xD I just have such a lot of work to do and so little time to do it in D:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SampleX
I'm alive, which is a start xD I just have such a lot of work to do and so little time to do it in D:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha, good stuff. :tongue: Ah that was me throughout Years 11/12/13...my friends and I would always complain about there being so much work but so little time. Just stay relaxed though (much easier said than done, I know!) and try not to panic about that - you'll get it all done. :smile:

Eight weeks today and I have my first exam :puke:

I feel like I'm constantly doing homework so I haven't been doing a huge amount of revision at the moment.

Am I terrified? Yes. Should I be? Possibly. We will see.

Nerves kicked in ages ago, primarily september.

Mocks are making everything feel a lot more real...:s-smilie:
Original post by Strom
Eight weeks today and I have my first exam :puke:

I feel like I'm constantly doing homework so I haven't been doing a huge amount of revision at the moment.

Am I terrified? Yes. Should I be? Possibly. We will see.

I'm in the same boat. xD I'm so nervous, and there always seems to be something to do. But, alas, we will get through!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest