The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

thinking about how this seasons shaping up...

I would say:

Top4, cup run, round of 16 CL = minimum acceptable result for arsenal.

top4, domestic cup win, round of 16 CL = solid season, but nothing unbelievable.

3rd, doemstic cup win, QF or SF CL = good season, progress over last year.

Title challenge, domestic cup, QF CL = our aim for this season at the start (mine atleast) representing real progress)

----

Now, we are never going to hit my aim for the season, as we posed no title challange at all.. BUT we can still get 3rd.. one place better then last year, we can still win a domestic cup.. and we are not completly out of the CL yet.. so this season could still be good progress over last season.

We need one hell of a performance in monaco though - and maybe the best possible thing to come out of tonight will be the confidence to absolutly destroy them.

We have it in us, that was clear in the first leg, where we had chance after chance, but giroud had a brain fart and finished none of them.

If we get the first goal, and then manage a 2nd.. I can see it being an all or nothing finish.

We were here in milan a few seasons ago, and nearly did the impossible - now its time to go one better..
Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
Completely bossed the Manchester Clubs this season bar the United game at the Emirates.

Although we played good at the Etihad the only reason we won was because Yaya wasn't playing
Original post by WeOnlyLiveOnce
In no way did you boss the game against us today.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Just let me have this one pls :cry2:

Ah yeah The.Joker, forgot the next round is at Wembley.

Fairplay you won though. Hopefully you or the other teams win the FA cup bar Liverpool. It really has become Arsenal's to lose.

Will Wenger now leave on a high after winning this year's FA Cup?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just remember
When arsenal played man city we had little possesion but were quick on the counter attack
Just like today

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hope we play Bradford so we can take revenge after that awful Gervinho game vs them a couple of years ago.
Original post by Hhassan66
Although we played good at the Etihad the only reason we won was because Yaya wasn't playing

But at the end of the day we still....what? Won.

City could still have easily done us over regardless though, still had a plethora of good players on the pitch.
Fairplay you won though. Hopefully you or the other teams win the FA cup bar Liverpool. It really has become Arsenal's to lose.

Will Wenger now leave on a high after winning this year's FA Cup?

Posted from TSR Mobile

You're honestly such a calm, level headed, lovely and nice unbiased person. Wow.

Ahh tomorrow will be good, Already preparing my smug face for walking into the lecture hall

at kickoff, was sat in my empty flat, wanted to make the game even more exciting so put a cheeky £20 on arsenal to win..

£62 back... icing. cake.
Original post by leinad2012
Ahh tomorrow will be good, Already preparing my smug face for walking into the lecture hall

I agree
in my class
The two people I sit next to both support Man U
And I am going to tease them big time:teeth:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nooooooooooooooooooooooo! Leinad I'm actually so mad at you right now :angry:
I was looking for that image and I was going to post it to you looool. Fair play fair play :lol:

Yeah me too, I'm already arranging for a cat walk to be fitted in, just need order the confetti and we're all set to go.
Original post by ProNoob
I agree
in my class
The two people I sit next to both support Man U
And I am going to tease them big time:teeth:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nah man, it's better just to sit there with a butter wouldn't melt look on your face as though nothing has happened. No big deal, we won an easy away game against a woeful one man team :cool:
You're honestly such a calm, level headed, lovely and nice unbiased person. Wow.

Thats such lovely praise :ahee:.

No point being mad over a football game that has finished. You won and you move onto the next round, ranting about it wont change the scoreline and certainly wont mean we progress through to the next round in the FA cup. I saw some positives today in our play aswell.

Absolutely loved the game as well. It was so so tense and i had so many moments literally screaming at my TV :rofl:. This is what an Arsenal vs United match should feel like. In recent times, it's fallen in terms of intensity and passion. Today it certainly lived up to its billing.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Nah man, it's better just to sit there with a butter wouldn't melt look on your face as though nothing has happened. No big deal, we won an easy away game against a woeful one man team :cool:

True
I am going to do that instead

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ProNoob
True
I am going to do that instead

Posted from TSR Mobile

Inb4 we lose to Reading in the Semis, they're a very good side we can't underestimate them tbh

Remember this next time he cock's up!
ok.. hypothetical for arsenal fans.

3rd place + FA cup + R16 CL..

Should wenger leave at the end of the season if he gets this?

Id say a good 90% of us, me included, were set on wenger out at the end of the season at many points this campaign.. if he wins another trophy does this still stand?

- its a tough one.. but I am tempted to say yes, still he should leave. Let him end on a high.. if he left after guiding us through difficult financial times and a new stadium, only to then go and win two trophies in the first two seasons after our debt was cleared... he would leave on such a good note, and really set things up well for the next guy.

Ok, so maybe he could keep this success going, but if he didnt.. that would be so sad, and I really want him to leave on a high, rather then because he feels he has to due to failures
Thats such lovely praise :ahee:.

No point being mad over a football game that has finished. You won and you move onto the next round, ranting about it wont change the scoreline and certainly wont mean we progress through to the next round in the FA cup. I saw some positives today in our play aswell.

Absolutely loved the game as well. It was so so tense and i had so many moments literally screaming at my TV :rofl:. This is what an Arsenal vs United match should feel like. In recent times, it's fallen in terms of intensity and passion. Today it certainly lived up to its billing.

Posted from TSR Mobile

No but seriously I was always meant to say that. Guess now was the best time :h:
It's true, that's how I felt after the Monaco game tbh.

Alright so we've got Bradford or Reading away next, will still be a tough tie but hopefully we overcome them :smile:

Alright so we've got Bradford or Reading away next, will still be a tough tie but hopefully we overcome them :smile:

It's at Wembley.

Latest