The Student Room Group

2015 Nursing Applications - Where? Which Branch?

Scroll to see replies

Does anyone know if

Hull
Lincoln
Leeds Beckett
or
Nottingham

Have maths and English tests?
Original post by Skrittles
Does anyone know if

Hull
Lincoln
Leeds Beckett
or
Nottingham

Nottingham doesn't
Original post by Skrittles
Does anyone know if

Hull
Lincoln
Leeds Beckett
or
Nottingham

I know that nottingham doesn't :smile:
Original post by Noell
I have applied for Mental Health Nursing at the following:

- Sheffield Hallam (Interview March 14th)
- City University London (Interview March 16th)
- Edinburgh Napier (no word yet)
- Queens University Belfast (no word yet)
- University of Ulster (unsuccessful)

Anyone any advice on interviews for Sheffield Hallam and City University London?

Im a current City university nursing student if you need some advice :smile: X
I have an interview for childrens nursing at Edinburgh Napier at the end of the month, does anyone have any clue about what it's gonna involve? Its 9:15-4:00 so I have no idea what to expect! :smile:
Original post by Lucyc87
Has anyone had the tests and interview at Bournemouth uni for adult nursing?

I had an interview for adult nursing at Bournemouth. No tests just a short video clip and group interview relating to the video. Then an interview on own. Hope that helps. 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1946
Original post by Noell
I have applied for Mental Health Nursing at the following:

- Sheffield Hallam (Interview March 14th)
- City University London (Interview March 16th)
- Edinburgh Napier (no word yet)
- Queens University Belfast (no word yet)
- University of Ulster (unsuccessful)

Anyone any advice on interviews for Sheffield Hallam and City University London?

city, you have a talkat the beggining. then group interview, then you have to do some mensas thing. thats pretty much the day summed up
Original post by abby1990
I had an interview for adult nursing at Bournemouth. No tests just a short video clip and group interview relating to the video. Then an interview on own. Hope that helps. 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey. Thanks :smile: did u get a offer? Were they nice? What kinda of questions did they ask?
Has anyone applied or heard from Dundee or Glasgow Caledonian

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lucyc87
Hey. Thanks :smile: did u get a offer? Were they nice? What kinda of questions did they ask?

Yes a conditional offer to study through yeovil university centre. They were really quick at replying after the interview. They were all lovely. Asked about the video clip in the group, basically what we thought of it. Some of the group i was in had seen the clip before. Not sure if it's on RCN website.

In the interview one to one, asked about: experience, what would do if someone did something wrong at work e.g. neglecting patients, if ever had any conflict in groups, how I'd cope studying and on placements & a bit of a random one about coping finically whilst studying at uni! Those are the ones I can remember. I had two people from the university interview me, others had one.

When's your interview? Best of luck. 👍

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1950
Original post by Iloveladygagaxo
Im a current City university nursing student if you need some advice :smile: X

Thanks for the reply, are you from London? The transport system is very complicated so biggest fear at the moment is getting lost! Also is maths a big part of the course? Was talking to a pharmacist student and she said maths was a big part of her course so was wondering if ours would be the same? A little nervous about the literacy and numeracy test. Would be awful failing and getting sent home!
Hi anyone who's had a John Moores Liverpool interview for adult nursing, how long does it take for them to get back to you with an offer? & anyone who's appplied for Sheffield hallam, ive not been given an interview yet, is that normal, are they usually this late? Any help would be great thanks xx
Original post by Noell
Thanks for the reply, are you from London? The transport system is very complicated so biggest fear at the moment is getting lost! Also is maths a big part of the course? Was talking to a pharmacist student and she said maths was a big part of her course so was wondering if ours would be the same? A little nervous about the literacy and numeracy test. Would be awful failing and getting sent home!

I'm not originally from London, but I moved here to attend City :smile: are you from London? Honestly, the transport system is very easy! Once you get used to it! And city is in such a central part of London, it's so easy to get to! By bus or tube :smile:
And to be honest, maths isn't a massive part of our course! Of course there is some maths, but It's mostly just used in relation to medicine management and things like that :smile: but the maths entrance exam was by far the easiest one I sat! It was multiple choice and you could use a calculator and the maths was very simple :smile: (and I'm the worst person ever at maths haha!)

Have you been given a date for your English and maths test? X
Reply 1953
Original post by Iloveladygagaxo
I'm not originally from London, but I moved here to attend City :smile: are you from London? Honestly, the transport system is very easy! Once you get used to it! And city is in such a central part of London, it's so easy to get to! By bus or tube :smile:
And to be honest, maths isn't a massive part of our course! Of course there is some maths, but It's mostly just used in relation to medicine management and things like that :smile: but the maths entrance exam was by far the easiest one I sat! It was multiple choice and you could use a calculator and the maths was very simple :smile: (and I'm the worst person ever at maths haha!)

Have you been given a date for your English and maths test? X

No I'm from Dublin in Ireland but been living in Canada for the past 3 years so flying home especially for the interviews! Makes it even more nerve wreaking!

Ah I see, yeah that's what I thought. It wouldn't be my strongest subject so glad to hear its not a core part. I'm going for the interview next Monday March 16th so fingers crossed. I have seen other people say they went for the test then had to be called back for the interview but it seems that mines all in the one day. Test first then if you pass you move on to the next stage. That's what it sounded like in the invitation email anyway.

Thanks so much for the info, definitely helps :smile:
Reply 1954
Original post by twioo5
city, you have a talkat the beggining. then group interview, then you have to do some mensas thing. thats pretty much the day summed up

Thanks for the reply. 9-5 sounds so long but I would imagine the day flies once you're in there, gives you a chance to get a good feel for the uni too so looking forward to it :smile:
Original post by Noell
No I'm from Dublin in Ireland but been living in Canada for the past 3 years so flying home especially for the interviews! Makes it even more nerve wreaking!

Ah I see, yeah that's what I thought. It wouldn't be my strongest subject so glad to hear its not a core part. I'm going for the interview next Monday March 16th so fingers crossed. I have seen other people say they went for the test then had to be called back for the interview but it seems that mines all in the one day. Test first then if you pass you move on to the next stage. That's what it sounded like in the invitation email anyway.

Thanks so much for the info, definitely helps :smile:

Oh wow! That's amazing! :smile: have you applied for university anywhere else in
London?

Yeah! For international applicants they do them all on the same day :smile: but it was honestly the most relaxed interview/test day I went to! Good luck! Let me know how you get on :smile: x
Original post by abby1990
Yes a conditional offer to study through yeovil university centre. They were really quick at replying after the interview. They were all lovely. Asked about the video clip in the group, basically what we thought of it. Some of the group i was in had seen the clip before. Not sure if it's on RCN website.

In the interview one to one, asked about: experience, what would do if someone did something wrong at work e.g. neglecting patients, if ever had any conflict in groups, how I'd cope studying and on placements & a bit of a random one about coping finically whilst studying at uni! Those are the ones I can remember. I had two people from the university interview me, others had one.

When's your interview? Best of luck. 👍

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks :smile: sounds good! My interview is 25th March, I'd be looking at studying at the Yeovil campus, I live in woking, but my dad lives in chard which is 20mins from Yeovil. I've had a conditional offer from middlesex already so feel a bit more relaxed
Original post by acathcart5
I have an interview for childrens nursing at Edinburgh Napier at the end of the month, does anyone have any clue about what it's gonna involve? Its 9:15-4:00 so I have no idea what to expect! :smile:

Hi,
When did your invitation for interview come through? What date is it on? I have applied to Napier to do children's nursing too and have been getting worried because I know they interviewed on 2nd March and I have heard nothing since my confirmation email when I submitted my application in October!

With regards to what the interview day involves, there was a lot of information at the open day that were really useful. It would be worth contacting admissions at Napier to ask if they can email you a copy. Briefly, there's a couple of group activities, a short essay (1-1.5 sides A4) on the importance of communication in nursing and a one-to-one interview, and possibly a numeracy test.
Has anyone heard back from Edinburgh Uni? I've got offers from Glasgow, RGU and Dundee but I've had nothing from Edinburgh since October and I;m getting really worried now
Anyone heard back from Hull after interview? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending