The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

[video="youtube;DH7_gZjnerQ"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DH7_gZjnerQ[/video]
Original post by Ankabout
What do you think "real Islam" is?

I believe real islam is following what mohammed commanded, and shariah/islamic law….and believing whats in koran, following its rules and 'submitting' to islam and not questioning its taught premise as per the verse in koran which forbids it

is this 'real' islam
Original post by Aussiekiwi
The media NEVER report on what islam is,does,teaches,causes or allows….so regarding 'example' would you like muslims to EMULATE mohammed???? Before you answer, think carefully given 'actual' history of islam and what went on back then - would you???
'

Yep. Thought extremely carefully before answering.

Btw adding 20000x question marks doesn't make you look anymore serious, comes across as pretty silly tbh.
Original post by kyoti
not surprised he isn't banned yet

I'm she, not he, and why would I be banned for 'questioning' - someone made a claim about islam, and I asked more about the claim
Original post by mali167
[video="youtube;DH7_gZjnerQ"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DH7_gZjnerQ[/video]

Lol good timing with that vid title (haven't watched it yet :tongue: ).
I'm she, not he, and why would I be banned for 'questioning' - someone made a claim about islam, and I asked more about the claim

Probably because you keep attempting to debate in here. Not necessarily with the question post, but rather with the four or so other posts of yours that the mods have removed in the past 2 days.
Time to snooze. Asalaamulaykum.
The media NEVER report on what islam is,does,teaches,causes or allows….so regarding 'example' would you like muslims to EMULATE mohammed???? Before you answer, think carefully given 'actual' history of islam and what went on back then - would you???
'

Yes.
Didn't really have to think about that.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Tpos
Question: Do I come across as being really serious on here?

Haha, i guess my little comment the other day got to ya :tongue:

You are a lil bit serious but just be yourself. Dont change yourself for others

I guess, however, you could take a page out of my book and have some good ol banter here and there :yes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by IdeasForLife
The Prophet ṣallallāhu 'alayhi wa sallam (peace and blessings of Allāh be upon him) used to seek refuge in Allah subḥānahu wa ta'āla (glorified and exalted be He) from laziness that he used to mention it daily in this dua: “O Allah, I take refuge in You from anxiety and sorrow, weakness and laziness, miserliness and cowardice, the burden of debts and from being over powered by men.” [Sahih Bukhari]

The Prophet ṣallallāhu 'alayhi wa sallam (peace and blessings of Allāh be upon him) said, “By Him in Whose Hand my life is, it is better for anyone of you to take a rope and cut the wood (from the forest) and carry it over his back and sell it (as a means of earning his living) rather than to ask a person for something and that person may give him or not.” [Sahih Bukhari]

Peace be upon you all. Could you elaborate the meaning here for me, Ideas? Is Muhammad saying that it is better to take your own skills and hard working ethic to create income for yourself (self-employed) rather than rely on being merely an employee with little control?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6410
Original post by rasengan 101
Haha, i guess my little comment the other day got to ya :tongue:

You are a lil bit serious but just be yourself. Dont change yourself for others

I guess, however, you could take a page out of my book and have some good ol banter here and there :yes:

Posted from TSR Mobile

...I don't even know who you are...What did you say?
So there is a chance someone still might find Islam attractive based on their interpretation and their personal values right? :tongue:
of course there is - we all know that there are some people who convert to Islam. And it is interesting to hear about their motives
Original post by mariachi
of course there is - we all know that there are some people who convert to Islam. And it is interesting to hear about their motives

Ah I thought you were implying Islam wasn't attractive haha. Why does anyone convert to another religion/belief system? There could be multiple motives but I imagine one of them has to be "because it makes sense". You would have to ask TMG since he's a convert. :h:
Ah I thought you were implying Islam wasn't attractive haha.
well, clearly Islam is attractive to some people. But the key point is "some". Other people are indifferent, or even repelled (with varying degrees of intensity)
Ankabout
Why does anyone convert to another religion/belief system? There could be multiple motives but I imagine one of them has to be "because it makes sense". You would have to ask TMG since he's a convert. :h:
yes, there are many reasons, from the most opportunistic (for Islam, marrying a Muslimah) to the most sincere.

Yes, it would be a good subject for a thread.
Original post by mariachi
well, clearly Islam is attractive to some people. But the key point is "some". Other people are indifferent, or even repelled (with varying degrees of intensity) yes, there are many reasons, from the most opportunistic (for Islam, marrying a Muslimah) to the most sincere.

Yes, it would be a good subject for a thread.

There was such a thread already.
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3110135
I believe real islam is following what mohammed commanded, and shariah/islamic law….and believing whats in koran, following its rules and 'submitting' to islam and not questioning its taught premise as per the verse in koran which forbids it

is this 'real' islam

Not quite.

Here are the full verses:
"O ye who believe! Ask not questions about things which, if made plain to you, may cause you trouble.But if ye ask about things when the Quran is being revealed, they will be made plain to you, God will forgive those: for God is Oft-Forgiving, Most Forbearing. Some people before you did ask such questions, and on that account lost their faith. ( Quran, 5:101-102)"

Islam does not prohibit Muslims from asking questions or too many questions, but only certain kinds of questions which should be avoided.

The context of the verses is such that people who would ask Muhammad (pbuh) questions would go into too much detail as related to prayer... though Islam had made clear (or "made plain") how to pray but they went into unnecessarily details such as clothing, blinking, breathing, position of fingers, exact position of feet, how high exactly to put your hands etc.

Even the angels questioned Allah when He decided to put man on Earth.

Read if you're interested. :h:
http://islamiat101.blogspot.com/2012/08/does-quran-5101-forbids-not-to-question.html
Original post by Tpos
...I don't even know who you are...What did you say?

I'm guessing it's Quantum.

Even the angels questioned Allah when He decided to put man on Earth.

Read if you're interested. :h:
http://islamiat101.blogspot.com/2012/08/does-quran-5101-forbids-not-to-question.html

Hold on a second, anka. I thought the malaika do not have free will... How then did they question their creator? Doesnt this questioning negate the idea that they dont have free will

Posted from TSR Mobile
'

An honour it would be to emulate our beloved prophet Peace be upon him or get any where near . Alhamdulillah (all thanks to God) I have read and know the history of islam . Yes I definitely would.

The question is what do you know kiwi?
Original post by rasengan 101
Hold on a second, anka. I thought the malaika do not have free will... How then did they question their creator? Doesnt this questioning negate the idea that they dont have free will

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes the angels did not have freewill to go against Allah which is why they questioned the idea of man having freewill to go against Him.

Quran (2:30): Behold, thy Lord said to the angels: "I will create a vicegerent on earth." They said: "Wilt Thou place therein one who will make mischief therein and shed blood?- whilst we do celebrate Thy praises and glorify Thy holy (name)?" He said: "I know what ye know not."

Latest

Trending

Trending