The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVI

Scroll to see replies

Original post by PandaWho
When i was at uni my dr said the main reason for being put on meds was to bring me to a level where i was able to work and do my degree so may be a similar situation to you :smile:

The only citalopram side effect i got was the yawns/insomnia

Yeah I think so - he asked about how much it was affecting work, and I realised that it sort of has a lot this term/he said that it'd be good to help to just let me have that extra bit of motivation? I hope it helps!

Ah okay, thanks :smile: Side effects sound scary though :s-smilie: not sure what to expect really/sounds really odd taking a pill that then gives you weird effects (and hopefully the desired effect too, but yeah). Like the only tablets I've had before are painkillers!
Hope you're doing well :smile: :hugs:

Original post by james1211

Spoiler

Can't do thism feel so far away from everything.
Need to be up early tomorrow but i still don't want to sleep yet...also have hardly any money currently, gonna be fun until jsa and such starts coming through again (hopefully).
Original post by purple-duck

Spoiler

Thanks Saber :smile: Worried about the nausea, just because it's the main thing that makes me really anxious. But we'll see - thank you for the heads up with those ones too :colondollar:
Luckily I don't drink! :colondollar: Already have a really low tolerance, would be scared to try some with something that decreases it further!
Do you know whether it's best to take things like this in the morning or evening? Won't try it for another 2-3 weeks, I don't think, but still. Am tempted to start/get it out the way, but just don't want to get home with family/have them notice any symptoms if I have any/have to hide them more/pretend I'm not nauseous or whatever.

Spoiler

No worries. With the nausea, it wasn't severe for me, I just felt a bit sick and off my food for about 10 days, I never threw up or anything though - if that makes you feel more reassured about it :redface: (although, obviously, it differs for everyone)

Some people find it quite sedating so take it at night, the added bonus of that is the nausea/headaches/whatever else would be when you're asleep. However the impact it can have on dreams makes some people want to take it in the morning.
Original post by Sabertooth

Spoiler

No worries. With the nausea, it wasn't severe for me, I just felt a bit sick and off my food for about 10 days, I never threw up or anything though - if that makes you feel more reassured about it :redface: (although, obviously, it differs for everyone)

Some people find it quite sedating so take it at night, the added bonus of that is the nausea/headaches/whatever else would be when you're asleep. However the impact it can have on dreams makes some people want to take it in the morning.

since being on citalopram my dreams have been really vivid and realistic. it's pretty cool most of the time, but not when its a scary dream like last night

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Odd socks
since being on citalopram my dreams have been really vivid and realistic. it's pretty cool most of the time, but not when its a scary dream like last night

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I experienced the same thing. Some of the dreams were pretty awesome but you're right, when it's scary it's ****ing scary. Sorry to hear you've been having nightmares. :console:
Need to be up early tomorrow but i still don't want to sleep yet...also have hardly any money currently, my own fault really but hey ho, anxiety is great fun.

Fluoxotine is doing the same to me that sertraline seemed to do, in regards to stomach acid problems, making it more difficult to sleep and affecting my digestion in a bad way.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by ScaryScience
:hugs: tiny steps, take it a day at a time. do you have any other support atm?

My boyfriend's been really good with taking my mind off things, but he's really busy with assignments at the moment so I doubt I'd be able to see him before Friday at the earliest

Everything just feels pointless. Even getting out of bed's a massive effort, let alone doing work
:hugs: Not selfish! From the sounds of it you're mostly anxious because you want to say the "right" thing and stuff - not that there is anything specific, and also not your choice what makes you anxious either :nah:
Could you maybe ask her if she's seeing GP atm/getting any help? Though don't feel as though you need to, either!
Sorry you're not feeling great atm :frown: Talking to friends is really difficult :s-smilie: I find particularly with friends from school/who I care about a lot but don't speak to day to day..

Spoiler

Your birthday soon too? Completely get that, really hoping Uni friends don't clock on/realise it's my birthday/can just keep it on the downlow. Worked out last year okay. Feel sort of bad for keeping it secret/not doing anything at all for it/having to sort of lie about it on the day, but at the same time don't want fuss either like you say :s-smilie: :frown: Sorry, possibly not talking about the same thing/making sense here, but many :hugs: either way! :redface:

-----------------------------------------

Got no work done still. With GP stuff just sort of focussed on sorting out that/thinking about it, plus had other stuff on today. The books I need for my current essay topic have been renewed from library, too, so aren't due back now/I can't get them until late april, now :frown: Not sure what to do :s-smilie:
Going to just read wiki article tomorrow night I think and try and work out something to present/say. Absolutely dreading it though :frown: Going to look so stupid, but feel as though I have to do/otherwise it's just giving up marks, even if it's just giving up something like 10% for this piece.

Going to write in diary a bit I think, then try some sleep!

Back home end of this week/term over, which should be nice. Though also scary because that means revision will have to start soon, as well as it meaning the end of the year/summer/jobs/holidays/final year... :s-smilie:

Yeah, I'm not sure what to do for the best. I think half my problem is that I care and worr about people an unhealthy amount and it all blows up in my head.

You're making perfect sense but I've been eating little for so long now that 3 meals feels impossible and wrong. I know it's wrong but I don't want to start eating properly either.

Yeah today :redface: I get what you mean, there's so much pressure to have a good time and celebrate but sometimes it's too much.

Hope you manage some work and enjoy back home :hugs:

---------------

thought I was going to be sick in bed this morning because I was so anxious. Happy birthday to you too, body.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Spoiler

Hope rehearsal went okay if you went/hopefully wasn't too bad and a nice distraction? Am around for a while now if you want to vent at all :redface:

-----------------------------------------

Got no work done still. With GP stuff just sort of focussed on sorting out that/thinking about it, plus had other stuff on today. The books I need for my current essay topic have been renewed from library, too, so aren't due back now/I can't get them until late april, now :frown: Not sure what to do :s-smilie:
Going to just read wiki article tomorrow night I think and try and work out something to present/say. Absolutely dreading it though :frown: Going to look so stupid, but feel as though I have to do/otherwise it's just giving up marks, even if it's just giving up something like 10% for this piece.

Going to write in diary a bit I think, then try some sleep!

Back home end of this week/term over, which should be nice. Though also scary because that means revision will have to start soon, as well as it meaning the end of the year/summer/jobs/holidays/final year... :s-smilie:

Spoiler

Yeah was okish, none of the other tenors turned up though so I endedup covering the tenor 1 part and having to sightread four (:eek:) solos on that instead. And we didn't play the ones that I already had solos in and we hadn't played some of those before/just need them to fill a set so now I don't know what I'm playing in the concert and what not and still can't improvise to save my life :redface: Anyway, will stop ranting, sorry- was sort of too out of it to make any sense last night so gave up trying to message you :colondollar:

You went to lecture though! And GP/probably also other stuff is very useful to have done. Hope you got some sleep :hugs:

Original post by Anonymous #2
Yeah, I'm not sure what to do for the best. I think half my problem is that I care and worr about people an unhealthy amount and it all blows up in my head.

You're making perfect sense but I've been eating little for so long now that 3 meals feels impossible and wrong. I know it's wrong but I don't want to start eating properly either.

Yeah today :redface: I get what you mean, there's so much pressure to have a good time and celebrate but sometimes it's too much.

Hope you manage some work and enjoy back home :hugs:

---------------

thought I was going to be sick in bed this morning because I was so anxious. Happy birthday to you too, body.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Happy birthday! :woo: Hope you're ok, sorry about food/anxiety :console:

Posted from TSR Mobile
So after last night's email I now have a therapy appointment next Monday.
Scary efficient.
crying my eyes out. wht is the ****ing poihnt in anything. dragged myself out fo bed, felt so sick, walked to doctors which is such a trek waitied in horrible stufy busy waiting room. she was 50 minutes late, and then its just 2 seconds to get another presciprtion, what is the ****ing point any more. no ****ing point nothing ever moves ****ing forward, no one could give ****. if I hear her talk about the little things and 'go for a walk in the sunshint' as if that's some ****ing wonder curenim going to scream. what a compelte waste of my ****ing life
had my first counselling session this morning, it was good to talk to someone and they're going to put me on a CBT thing, however it just felt very simplistic at times...
I'm trying to write my letter to student finance for my compelling personal reasons to get funding back but I don't know how to start it. I know what else I have to write in the letter but starting it and getting onto that bit is proving difficult. I don't want to sound like a child whilst writing and I don't want to sound like an idiot as well so if anyone could give me any help on how to start the letter.

Thanks
why are really minor things pissing me off? it's hard to NOT snap at people. well it doesn't help that they're being triggering, i guess, but ugh. why don't they get the hint ffs
(edited 9 years ago)
Body felt so heavy and like lead that I pretty much passed out in bed after waking up around 8am, and then couldn't really move :erm: Eventually managed to text my supervisor saying I couldn't come to our meeting today.

Feel like such a noobface :emo:

Original post by ScaryScience
crying my eyes out. wht is the ****ing poihnt in anything. dragged myself out fo bed, felt so sick, walked to doctors which is such a trek waitied in horrible stufy busy waiting room. she was 50 minutes late, and then its just 2 seconds to get another presciprtion, what is the ****ing point any more. no ****ing point nothing ever moves ****ing forward, no one could give ****. if I hear her talk about the little things and 'go for a walk in the sunshint' as if that's some ****ing wonder curenim going to scream. what a compelte waste of my ****ing life

:jumphug:
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Body felt so heavy and like lead that I pretty much passed out in bed after waking up around 8am, and then couldn't really move :erm: Eventually managed to text my supervisor saying I couldn't come to our meeting today.

Feel like such a noobface :emo:

guys guys guys i feel goooooood :woo:
Original post by Team_McDreamy
guys guys guys i feel goooooood :woo:

Yes!
Got another job interview! :awesome: I have to pass a literacy and numeracy test first, but hopefully shouldn't be too much of a problem. :smile:

Original post by Anonymous
I'm trying to write my letter to student finance for my compelling personal reasons to get funding back but I don't know how to start it. I know what else I have to write in the letter but starting it and getting onto that bit is proving difficult. I don't want to sound like a child whilst writing and I don't want to sound like an idiot as well so if anyone could give me any help on how to start the letter.

Thanks

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am writing to you in the hope of reinstating funding for my degree because of compelling personal reasons: *list personal reasons compellingly*

Yours faithfully,

Anon :smile:

Latest